Forum » FFXI » General » Escha - Spoils Vorseals
Escha - Spoils Vorseals
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-27 07:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just spent some time sifting through 25 pages of posts in BG and can't seem to find a connection on how to get more spoils vorseals. Some think it could be # of NM kills, others number of RoE in Escha completed. Some report having 4 before Escha Sky was released, so it sounds like it should be completable within Zitah.

Anyone find anything more concrete?

Edit: Most commonly seeing number of NMs killed as the way to get Spoils.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-27 07:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost certainly tied to the number of NMs you kill.

I check for new Vorseals every time I pass the NPC and got my first Spoils after my ~10th NM kill (50k silt). At that point I had farmed something like 500k Silt doing repeatable RoE quests killing monsters in Ru'Aun.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-27 08:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
others number of RoE in Escha completed

Was just an idea and quickly debunked. I'd say it's numbers of NMs killed for sure.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-27 08:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also - should the person who kill's the NM be the guy with the highest Spoil's Vorseal? Or does it work as a debuff like TH? Or am I way off?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-27 08:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoils vorseals give a chance that you will randomly obtain items after a kill (direct drop to you). It has no effect on the loot the monster drops for your alliance.

As such, it doesn't matter who kills it. Your vorseals only affect you.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-27 09:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For those not aware, here's the table for Vorseal effects from SE:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48250-Table-of-Vorseal-Effects
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-27 12:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we talking about Escha where's the pop points for the NMs. I need to start with tier 1 at zitah.
By Boredwithyou 2015-09-02 09:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking its a point based system, like 20points gets you 1 spoil. And each tier nm has its own point value, say tier1=1, tier2=2, tier3=3, and helm=5. Idk could be wrong but randomly getting upgrades from killing the same nms over and over seems like it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-02 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider me in the "based on number of NMs you've killed" camp as well. Through myself and friends, I've seen Spoils rank up after killing various Tier 1 NMs. I'm not certain, but I'd like to this this may include the Unity NMs, and might even include repeated kills (like perhaps more value for first kill, and reduced value for every kill after).
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-09-02 10:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Consider me in the "based on number of NMs you've killed" camp as well. Through myself and friends, I've seen Spoils rank up after killing various Tier 1 NMs. I'm not certain, but I'd like to this this may include the Unity NMs, and might even include repeated kills (like perhaps more value for first kill, and reduced value for every kill after).

You definitely can get certain vorseals for repeated kills. I suspect that Spoils+ vorseals operate on a point system (even if all force pop NMs give a value of 1).