WTB Voodoo PLD Gear (20-40M Each)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » WTB Voodoo PLD gear (20-40M each)
WTB Voodoo PLD gear (20-40M each)
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-08-26 06:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi crafters of vanadiel.

Im looking to buy the following 4 pieces, at the following prices:
Voodoo Schuhs (20M)
Voodoo Handschuhs (45M)
Voodoo Schaller (45M)
Voodoo Cuirass (30M)

If anyone have any of the pieces and can send a mule or something to Cerberus with it, then i will gladly buy it from you.

PM me here on FFXIAH for further talk.

Kind regards
Viper.
By geigei 2015-08-26 06:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Half server will gladly buy at those prices.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-26 06:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Half server will gladly buy at those prices.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-08-26 07:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the price of the materials that will make these sell for higher. It's the availability. To make one hq piece it will take over 100 platinum ingots on average. In the last ten days I e been able to get two. And that's with hitting the auction house about ten times a day.
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-08-26 07:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Availability aside, once things settle, I think all of the prices he listed are reasonable and probably more realistic than what they have sold for.

GL in your search Warviper.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-08-26 07:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck to you, but like Geigei and Azriel have said, most people would buy for those prices and it's not likely you'll find anyone who would sell for that low. From my own experience and from looking at the crafting forum on bg, the HQ rate on the gear seems to be around 4-5% (both synths are T1's) with orvail ring, craftmaster's ring, and coconut rusk, which means it would take either 400 (5%) or 625 (4%) synths to make one HQ, assuming you only used -1's to upgrade.

So even at 50k a synth for the original cursed item synth and then another 150k for the eschite ore (price will vary based on server), you're looking at 23M (5%) or 35M (4%) just to make one HQ, on average. While the 40M offer for one of the items might be a profit, especially if you can sell the NQ new cursed gear for an okay amount, the work required to do 400-625 synths and to gather all of those materials doesn't seem worth it for like 5-15 mil worth of profit. Especially for goldsmithers who can make like 5 mil or more from HQing one +9 stat ring.

Also like Barber said, getting the materials required can be difficult depending on server, so that will play into the cost as well. The one thing I disagree with Barber about is that you'll need a lot more than 100 platinum ingots to make one HQ. As far as I can tell, it requires at least 2 platinum ingots to make one item (sheets use one ingot and chains use two ingots), so that's like 800-1250 ingots (assuming two ingots) per HQ item.

While a crafter could get lucky and go 1/1 or like 1/5 on both synths, most people won't.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-08-26 07:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all.

I think prices are around reasonable.

Prices are up for a bit of negotiation.

But a guy on my server went 1/1 on Voodoo Cuirass and is selling it for 300M, im refusing to pay that rediculous amount of gil, its way way way overprices even if you go by kingofbastoks (hey btw!! I remember you from when i was on lakshmi) calculations.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-08-26 07:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha! Anyone would buy at that price are you crazy? Tripple that at least.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-08-26 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I sold a pair of Voodoo Breeches for 45M and they aren't nearly as nice as any of those pieces. I'd charge at least double, but I'm sure you'll find someone seeing as you're willing to negotiate a little.

Most people don't understand though, the time and gil it takes to get your craft to 110, and don't forget the sub-crafts that some also require. Let alone to gather all the materials, half of which are in low supply and high demand, which means you have to make all the materials yourself from their simplest form. It took me 2-10hr days just to get the materials together and crafted just to be able to attempt a chance at some HQ's.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-26 08:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It really isn't that hard to skill now to 110, nor is it costly people are just lazy.
[+]
By Giaden 2015-08-26 11:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it will get worse as time goes on for these hq items.

Mainly because, the lust of these items will be gone after a few months, new items will come out and will be more available and with the new final update coming out shortly, its going to be hard to find a high end crafter around anymore.

So I think either A, Like Draylo said, Get yourself crafting to 110 on a mule or alt.
Or B, make friends with crafters, supply your own mats to try for one.

As for the price for the items that are requested. Your hoping a bit much, while i do agree 300mil is a bit extravagant, 100 mil + for some of those are not. If mats become extremely available as time goes, with the new updates and maybe new gear comes out to give a higher % of HQs then prices will go down, but until such changes, I would expect prices to rise.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-08-26 11:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
I sold a pair of Voodoo Breeches for 45M and they aren't nearly as nice as any of those pieces. I'd charge at least double, but I'm sure you'll find someone seeing as you're willing to negotiate a little.

Most people don't understand though, the time and gil it takes to get your craft to 110, and don't forget the sub-crafts that some also require. Let alone to gather all the materials, half of which are in low supply and high demand, which means you have to make all the materials yourself from their simplest form. It took me 2-10hr days just to get the materials together and crafted just to be able to attempt a chance at some HQ's.
That is an old way of thinking when crafting might have been more of a prestige but you need to drop that feeling of entitlement if you want to actually make gil in constant amounts. Buyers don't care what you did to hit 110 and as soon as another crafter starts competing you've lost you chance to churn out profits. Work out the % average cost to produce and tack on a bit extra for profit. Buyers will be doing the same.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-08-26 11:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ 119 abju from sky is somewhat super easy; mats for most are very easy to come by; only legion abju are annoying to hq to 119.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-26 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
HQ 119 abju from sky is somewhat super easy; mats for most are very easy to come by; only legion abju are annoying to hq to 119.

This is not easy to come by, unfortunately.

[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-08-26 11:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This was added for legion abju so we agree
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-26 12:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people realize how these new items work, although I do believe that Goldsmithing items would be different because it mainly is made using common materials. As far as Alchemy goes:

For example assuming I was crafting Voodoo Cuisses I would need 15 Cursed Cuisses -1 and 15 Ore. Assuming I can sell Cursed Cuisses -1 for 4m (current Asura price) it would cost me around 65m alone to make this item accounting for lost profits of not selling the -1s. If I don't account for lost profits it is much cheaper but why would I risk crafting my 4m item if I won't make much money off it? The only way I see this changing is if people stop buying Cuisses -1 because they can get the NQ new Cuisses cheap and easily.

It would take on average 30 Wyvern Scales each to make a Cursed Cuisses -1, which makes it 450 to make Voodoo Cuisses (30x15). On Asura in the last month only 23 stacks (276 scales) have sold. So I would have to gather two months of materials assuming I bought every stack, which are skyrocketing in price by the way, to statistically guarantee an HQ.

You can't just look at price per synth on these new items, you have to look at the ability to get items. I seriously cannot even imagine crafting Jinxed Coif where you need either 65~ or 225~ Squama and the NQ doesn't have any practical use to sell from what I can tell. By the way one Squama sells every 3 days according to ffxiah so it would take you around 6-7 months of buying at 2m a pop to make a Coif. Oh and also Hexed Coif -1s generally sell for 25m+ or even more now that Squama has tripled in price so even assuming I could MAKE 15 Coif-1s I could also sell them for 375m.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-08-26 12:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The lack of most mats on AH is the lack of player farming stuff, unless there are no mob/abyssea chest in game beside 24h NM you're prolly gonna have to farm mats by yourself.

Also I agree if the HQ 75 sell for 4m at a decent rate, might as well just sell that.
 Odin.Jsmooth
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-08-26 15:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

you all do realize that every single synth mat required to make Souv. gear is buyable from npcs!
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-26 15:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I don't think people realize how these new items work, although I do believe that Goldsmithing items would be different because it mainly is made using common materials. As far as Alchemy goes:

For example assuming I was crafting Voodoo Cuisses I would need 15 Cursed Cuisses -1 and 15 Ore. Assuming I can sell Cursed Cuisses -1 for 4m (current Asura price) it would cost me around 65m alone to make this item accounting for lost profits of not selling the -1s. If I don't account for lost profits it is much cheaper but why would I risk crafting my 4m item if I won't make much money off it? The only way I see this changing is if people stop buying Cuisses -1 because they can get the NQ new Cuisses cheap and easily.

It would take on average 30 Wyvern Scales each to make a Cursed Cuisses -1, which makes it 450 to make Voodoo Cuisses (30x15). On Asura in the last month only 23 stacks (276 scales) have sold. So I would have to gather two months of materials assuming I bought every stack, which are skyrocketing in price by the way, to statistically guarantee an HQ.

You can't just look at price per synth on these new items, you have to look at the ability to get items. I seriously cannot even imagine crafting Jinxed Coif where you need either 65~ or 225~ Squama and the NQ doesn't have any practical use to sell from what I can tell. By the way one Squama sells every 3 days according to ffxiah so it would take you around 6-7 months of buying at 2m a pop to make a Coif. Oh and also Hexed Coif -1s generally sell for 25m+ or even more now that Squama has tripled in price so even assuming I could MAKE 15 Coif-1s I could also sell them for 375m.

Draylo said: »
It really isn't that hard to skill now to 110, nor is it costly people are just lazy.

With recent KIs from RoV you can make a bazillion farming these now since your Clear abyssite will change to a colorfull and that will change to a T3 again and that will result in you on THF with trusts building TH on it and eventually having one in less then 15 mins of work. The VWNM is in the 3 zones Jeuno is connected to - Can farm that while testing macros or skilling up outside XD depending on droprate its time consuming or not. I'll try to get some tomorow and keep you updated.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2015-08-26 15:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The update only applied to Abyssea VNMs.

Besides, anybody who's ever farmed Squama has run into the issue where all T2 NMs are dead in all or many of the 6 zones. That sucks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-08-26 20:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jsmooth said: »
you all do realize that every single synth mat required to make Souv. gear is buyable from npcs!

I'm assuming you're referring to the newer guild vendors for platinum ores, but if so, that's not a great option. While they have an unlimited supply, the ores are 6k each (2k on AH on my server), so that's 24k an ingot and all of the items use at least 2 ingots. The body actually uses 4 ingots, so that would be 48k for most of the pieces and 96k for the body.

The synths also require darksteel armor to make, so unless you either have or know an 80-90+ smither with gold sub, you likely won't be able to easily get one of the key ingredients. Not to mention that the darksteel ingots and gold ingots used to make the darksteel armors would easily push the synth prices over 70k for non-body synths and 140k for body synths to make the old cursed items.

Btw I am a high lvl goldsmither, but I'm not even trying to make this set, so I'm not saying this to convince people to pay more for the HQs. Personally, I'm trying to make the Rao Haidates and Carmine Cuisses for myself and so far I'm 1/45 on HQing the old sets with 6 breaks. I haven't attempted to craft the -1 yet, but at this rate it's going to take a very long time to make just one HQ.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-27 04:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »

Besides, anybody who's ever farmed Squama has run into the issue where all T2 NMs are dead in all or many of the 6 zones. That sucks.

So we gotta wait till chapter 3 RoV i guess.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-08-27 06:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Valefor.Philemon said: »

So we gotta wait till chapter 3 RoV i guess.

I think the main reason SE didn't make the outside VNM KIs upgrade 100% is because some of the NMs are still used for the empy weapon trials, so it would make those trials even more annoying to do if after every kill you would lose your pop KI for the NM you need to kill.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-28 07:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Or keep a T3 and force the T2 to never change again.
 Asura.Akildas
user: akildas
By Asura.Akildas 2015-08-28 08:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I sold a Voodoo Cuirass last week for 250m and only took 2 days to find buyer. The fact you want this gear for next to nothing without any idea what it takes to make it, Hours crafting to just prep for the cursed and bewitched synths nevermind the gil and the 110 main craft and 70 sub craft really PISSES ME OFF. You want for cheap, take your 115m total and go level goldsmith and try make it yourself then come back here and realize how insulting your prices are.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2015-08-28 13:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can relate to Akildas and just want to help give further perspective by sharing my experience on this new crafting process/update:

Since the update, my friends and I have gathered materials during the week in order to push out several hundred synths each weekend in pursuit of -1s. This takes hours! Plus, the market is catching on and the prices of materials on the AH are rising… In some cases, to the point that the materials are less expensive from NPCs.
To date, we have produced two Voodoo bits. You could say we are having poor luck, but I think this is just par for the course.

Producing any Voodoo equipment takes a lot of time, a fair amount of gil and no small amount of luck.
Compare it to Tartarus platemail, but instead of a small team piling into Vagary to get a drop, a crafter can forage and burn through some gil to make them. The time investment may be similar, depending upon luck, but the gil investment in crafting is far greater.

Voodoo is the newest content and the best gear available. It is far from likely to be the result of any small batch of crafting. Don’t expect to pay any less than you would for any other gear of similar shininess or value. 80mil per desirable piece is a bargain. 250mil isn’t ridiculous for some pieces.
As with anything, if you don’t have friends to help you get something, you’re going to be paying “merc” pricing.
OP, when you buy from a crafter, you are paying someone to do 100% of the legwork for you so you can just pop into a bazaar for 10 seconds and get the best of the best. I notice also, that you want said crafter to pay real dollars to transfer a mule for your greater convenience. It is no surprise your offer is seen as silly by anyone that knows the market and as insulting by anyone actively participating in it.

TL;DR farm more gil, start crafting or make friends that craft.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-08-28 13:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akildas said: »
I sold a Voodoo Cuirass last week for 250m

LoL what idiot bought it at that price?? Can i have his name to laugh at please?

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Or just wait until the next update, when all of this gear is turned on its head with the next wave of abjuration reforgery or equipment drops!

I´ll do that or wait until these silly prices go down.

Might require time, might require luck, might require specific crafting skills and the moon to be 78% green.

Whatever it is i really dont care... 300M is still overpriced considering how many HQ items i can see have begun to pop across servers and they have also begun going down in prices in peoples bazaars now across servers.

Probably because they havent sold yet last 3 days and more of the same HQ items are starting to pop in other peoples bazaars for lower prices.

The set bonus you get from HQ is not worth anything with just 1 piece of HQ gear, so you expect people to spend 600M for 2 pieces of this type of HQ gear?!? lulz... I dont know whos the biggest idiot then... the person who actually spends that amount of gil on this type of equipment or the person who crafts it in hopes of making a profit on it at that price.

If you are telling me you cant make a decent profit on making this HQ gear and selling it for less than 100M then you shouldnt be crafting it and not even be reading this thread.
- Besides crafting much like everything else in this game is based on luck. You might go 1/1 and earn 50M easy or go 1/10000000000 and sell it for 300M and still not make a profit.

My offers will continue to stand until prices are reasonable or until the next RoV update comes along with new and better gear that probably makes some of this obsolete, whatever comes first.

You got 1 thing right though, i shouldnt expect others to pay real dollars to transfer their mule for greater convenience. Ill transfer a mule to whatever server needed ofc.

Have a nice weekend.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-28 14:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
If you are telling me you cant make a decent profit on making this HQ gear and selling it for less than 100M then you shouldnt be crafting it and not even be reading this thread.

A decent profit is subjective. Sure, selling a piece for 80m is profit if the mats average 60m cost to produce that piece.

However, if you're also spending 40 hours checking various guilds, doing subsynths, and AH camping.. you're only making 500k/hour. Given even the worst players can make ~1.5m/hr farming dynamis-sandy, that sample synth needs to cost 120m to be the same profit as an activity someone can do without any crafts leveled.

Numbers used are not indicative of any specific piece, but the point remains. You need to spend a significant amount of time to produce these.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-08-28 14:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

A decent profit is subjective. Sure, selling a piece for 80m is profit if the mats average 60m cost to produce that piece.

However, if you're also spending 40 hours checking various guilds, doing subsynths, and AH camping.. you're only making 500k/hour. Given even the worst players can make ~1.5m/hr farming dynamis-sandy, that sample synth needs to cost 120m to be the same profit as an activity someone can do without any crafts leveled.

Numbers used are not indicative of any specific piece, but the point remains. You need to spend a significant amount of time to produce these.
Dynamis is a poor example - currency isn't selling like it used to so even if you can farm dyna efficiently, you're going to spend unknown amount of time selling said currency, lowering gil/hour ratio. It's a question of supply/demand which given how many relics are made is debatable.

Rest of the argument I agree on btw, crafting isn't a good gil/hour I'm afraid.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-28 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Dynamis is a poor example - currency isn't selling like it used to so even if you can farm dyna efficiently, you're going to spend unknown amount of time selling said currency, lowering gil/hour ratio. It's a question of supply/demand which given how many relics are made is debatable.

Rest of the argument I agree on btw, crafting isn't a good gil/hour I'm afraid.

I sell mine allways withing a day.

Quote:
LoL what idiot bought it at that price?? Can i have his name to laugh at please?

You can laugh all you want, he is the guy wearing it and not you - and i bet he had no troubles spending 250M on it while you struggle for a bargain to get the whole set for not even 250M. So yeah ... I also fully agree your price is not even worth the legwork - let alone buying mats or having the craft actually lvled.
First Page 2