Will You Play Past November?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Will you play past November?
Will you play past November?
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-17 12:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I will. Reasons.

It's a great game with tons of contents to do plus 20 jobs to master. Currently playing 2-3 hours a night trying to get up to date so I can do new stuff. If there were no updates I might even just play 1 hour a night as I don't need to rush. Trying to be maxed out on beast master (getting 1200 Jps) before doing sinister is a long grind. (I don't do things unless I can be great)

Only 12.95 a month. That's the price of roughly two lunches. I can skip those lunches and pay for the monthly fee if I have to. What's up with those few people claiming 12.95 is a lot?

Community. I understand after nov number of people playing will go down even more but so what? If there's one server with 1000 people that's enough for me.

Playing this game saves me money from other crap. Hmm what else can I do wth my ffxi time? Go out more often for expensive dinners. Shop online. Pursue a more expensive hobby.

So yea I will be playing past November. A little upset no more contents but until there's nothing left for me to do in this game I'll be here for a long time.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-17 12:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what the final content is.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-17 12:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some, for sure, just because I've got some unfinished business there, and my duties here are much easier with an account.

Beyond that, it will depend entirely on how the server merges shake down; if there's still no one to do things with, then even the new content won't be a lot of fun, and it'll be time to move on.
By Artemicion 2015-08-17 12:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad SE is making a majority of content more solo friendly in the wake of rapid decline of player base. I have naught to blame but myself for missing out on golden opportunities of playing and interacting with others, but nevertheless FFXI has torrents of storytelling, sightseeing and modes of gameplay I had neglected over the years and missed out on, and would otherwise be SOL without other players to aid me.

So once November rolls around, I think this will be very much like a single player RPG that feels and plays like an MMO, much like FFXII did (they ran on the same engine after all); which I have absolutely no qualms over.

I'm looking forward to jumping into XIV once I feel content that everything is wrapped up in Vana'diel.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-17 12:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
which I have absolutely no qualms over

I'm fine with it being XII with a better main character, if and only if they give us gambits for trusts.

They give us that and I'll play XI til the servers shut down.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-17 12:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Will I? I wonder that myself.
I think I will play at least until the end of the year, to enjoy the new content added in the november patch, which will require me some time.
Will I still be playing by january? I dunno, maybe?

What I'm sure of is that I will eventually stop playing, not sure when that's gonna happen but very likely in the beginning of 2016 I'm afraid.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-08-17 12:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Artemicion said: »
which I have absolutely no qualms over

I'm fine with it being XII with a better main character, if and only if they give us gambits for trusts.

They give us that and I'll play XI til the servers shut down.

Aye, I sincerely hope they have a more interactive element in making trusts and NPC fellows do as instructed accordingly, rather than simply hoping they make proper decisions in a timely manner against more aggressive and difficult foes.
 Asura.Blittzjr
Server: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-08-17 12:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I will.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-08-17 13:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Playing this game saves me money from other crap. Hmm what else can I do wth my ffxi time? Go out more often for expensive dinners. Shop online. Pursue a more expensive hobby.

There are plenty of other games out there.

I'll likely hang around a bit just out of curiosity, to see the shape of things, and base my decision to keep playing or cut and run around that. A large scale server merge is a must at this point, squash the existing servers into two to four servers at most. Except at that point I'd be wondering why I'm still paying $13/month, too.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-17 13:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Depends on what the final content is.
The content will be fantasy... a final fantasy.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-17 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll continue to play until my main gets stuck in the terrain and I have to just quit.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-17 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
I'll continue to play until my main gets stuck in the terrain and I have to just quit.
They won't have GM's to unstuck us anymore?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-17 14:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly didn't quit because I didn't enjoy the game or want to keep playing, I just felt I'd finished the goals I wanted to and the people I enjoyed playing with weren't around anymore. A few still are, but I struggled to find things to do with 1 or 2 people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-08-17 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like too... but idk yet will depend on how quick it turns into a ghost server (and if they lower the sub wich prob. wont happen i'll def. be staying till servers close down...)
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-17 14:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I honestly didn't quit because I didn't enjoy the game or want to keep playing, I just felt I'd finished the goals I wanted to and the people I enjoyed playing with weren't around anymore. A few still are, but I struggled to find things to do with 1 or 2 people.
Pretty much the same reason I quit.
I still had a few friends in game left, but 90% of my day was spent alone....
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-17 14:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some people in my linkshell, but we seldom do anything other than say "hi" and "night" these days. We did do a couple of Alluvion Yorcia runs on the weekend, but that was a rarity.

For the most part I spend my time soloing. When November arrives, even if the hardcore players leave en masse after the final content is unveiled, it won't really affect me. I still have plenty to keep me going.

The only thing that worries me is how it'll affect the economy. If a significant portion of the playerbase departs, there are going to be a lot of things in short supply. Likewise, there are a lot of things not being bought in a hurry. I'm already having trouble selling on the AH as it is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2015-08-17 14:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

last night on carbuncle there was 1200 online so the game come back to life for sure
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-08-17 14:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Rooks - you mentioned server merges.. have they announced anything official yet (or just assuming the inevitable)?
By Jetackuu 2015-08-17 14:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

As it stands there's no real reason to do merges.

Everything is low-man or solo or solo w/trusts.

They may do it after enough people leave off servers on their own just to not have to do patches to it anymore, but we won't know until they say it.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-17 14:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
Hey Rooks - you mentioned server merges.. have they announced anything official yet (or just assuming the inevitable)?

Their stated position was no server merges until after November - I expect that was twofold: get as much from merge fees in the interim as populations decline and people congregate, and get a better idea of what servers would be appropriate destination servers once the November dust settles.

So they haven't said anything specific beyond "it won't happen before X". I took that as a pretty heavy implication that it'd be happening pretty shortly after that, though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-08-17 15:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll keep playing if they server merge come November or end of the year.
By Venotaru 2015-08-17 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Will continue to play after november. I love Asura and the people there. Always a lot going on.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-17 15:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If my friends stick around, I've got no reason to leave. As long as I have goals to accomplish and friends to play with, I'm happy. Losing either of those will have me saying goodbye, though.
By Venotaru 2015-08-17 15:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The $13.00 is chump change for this experience.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shinun
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-17 15:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually looking towards playing after November. The game seems more like a solo rpg so I can I can play the game and make goals like I do a normal solo rpg without having to worry about being behind or just getting started on something and it being obsolete later, which was always the problem I had with taking a break in mmos, having everything so far behind and having no one left you know to try to catch up.

I would like if the price drops a little from the $12.95 since I feel its kind of offputting paying $7.99 to $9.99 for XIV and paying more for XI but even if it doesn't I'll pay the $12.95
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2015-08-17 16:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. After trying Diablo 3, WOW, and ffxiv none have compared to the long-term playing fun, content nor near endless attainable goals xi has to offer.

Like a couple of others have stated I will end up leaving again if SE doesn't merge servers. Yes, more and more stuff can be done solo, but I find it tremendously more enjoyable when doing content or grinds with another person or a group. Merging us into just 5-6 servers would triple the # on each server, bringing way more items available for building items and doing harder content.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-08-17 16:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's SE though, they'll troll by making one giant server and everyone who paid to get away from douchebag #6473, or left to go join *Shell* on another server will be like wtf
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-08-17 17:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok + Asura = Yes Please
By Jetackuu 2015-08-17 17:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I may quit (at least for a bit) if they merge Bahamut with anything again anytime soon.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-17 17:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut plus Lakshmi pls
First Page 2 3