.dat Modding Community Still Out There?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » .dat modding community still out there?
.dat modding community still out there?
VIP
By Tesahade 2015-08-16 22:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone still out there makin mods? Anymore interested in learnin how to do it? I'm interested in chattin with modders I'm not super experienced at it only done a few but its fun and i like it.

if anyone is interested in starting to do it themselves but dont know how to start i have all the stuff to get you up and runnin
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 00:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I do a variety of mods, including icons, music, recolors, and unique models. Haven't made anything new lately since the laptop that I do most of the graphical stuff on is in bad shape, and I'm usually playing the game itself. I do have some unfinished projects and a few things I want to fix in my old ones though.

A few examples of stuff I've made (I say that loosely since much of it consists of things I've taken from other games):
Some swords
Some faces

If you have an interest in making something, simply ask and I can either give you some tips or point you towards a guide. The real trick is having a fully formed idea in mind that you want brought into the game.
[+]
VIP
By Tesahade 2015-08-17 08:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

:o very nice i love that first sword and your changes to hume male 4 look great. That's what I'm hopin to do as my next project make some hair .dats. is it possibly to allow the hair to move or is that beyond the ability of ffxi? i want to do is Rin Tohsaka's hair from fate/stay night but since its so long if it doesn't move it will just do weird things when the char runs.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-08-17 09:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf is interested in using and learning how to make / modify DATs :3
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-08-17 10:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I Color swap Dat's to my likening so things match my taste more or match the lockstyle I am going for in game. But that's it. Never been brave enough to try actual model changes.
VIP
By Tesahade 2015-08-17 11:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide I used to get started was here: Ye Old Grumpy Rarab

I find it a funny and entertaining guide. The site seems to be gone now :x but if you is the way back machine you can view the written information. maybe i should bring it back make it available here. I'll find links for the software when I get home
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 12:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Very stylized hair that animates well is one of the hardest things to implement and have it look good. This is why long flowing hair is less common in video games and other 3D animated stuff. Animating models is something I don't have any real experience in, so I probably can't do much.

I've uploaded many of the primary tools you'd be using here:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1340
To download from this site, however, you have to register first.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-08-19 01:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish someone would make a baseball bat great katana. I'd do it but I don't know how that fancy stuff works.
By Draylo 2015-08-19 01:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I do a variety of mods, including icons, music, recolors, and unique models. Haven't made anything new lately since the laptop that I do most of the graphical stuff on is in bad shape, and I'm usually playing the game itself. I do have some unfinished projects and a few things I want to fix in my old ones though.

A few examples of stuff I've made (I say that loosely since much of it consists of things I've taken from other games):
Some swords
Some faces

If you have an interest in making something, simply ask and I can either give you some tips or point you towards a guide. The real trick is having a fully formed idea in mind that you want brought into the game.

Very nice, I wish the community for that was still active. Mooshy work on the glowing effects on weapons would be something I'd like to see. I used to be heavy into modding music and weapons but now I am more natural and just use the original graphics and such.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Devrom 2015-08-19 03:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more custom awesomeness from Mooshy and Pixelpink, but I don't think either of them is working on dats anymore ;(