Forum » FFXI » General » Sitting on the Fence About Returning
Sitting on the Fence About Returning
 Asura.Saprykin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2015-08-15 18:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been mulling over the idea of returning. Haven't played seriously in an extremely long while. Just a few questions that won't require much of anyone who can answer. Is the rhapsodies stuff worth returning for? Is the game just going to be put out to pasture come December? Any Social LSs open to new blood?

Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-08-15 19:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-08-15 20:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You got a two week free period on right now til the 22nd, so may as well just take advantage of it and get some stuff going. At best case, you'll be caught up on Rhaspodies for the last segment for whenever they have another welcome back campaign (if ever again)after the final November update hits.

Odds are whatever made you stop playing is still in effect, and like Kilo stated, Rhaspodies isn't reinventing the wheel, merely spinning it again.
 Asura.Saprykin
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Saprykin 2015-08-15 20:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, the kind of answers I was seeking.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-15 21:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want, you can wait until November, resubscribe to go through all the Rhapsodies content over the course of ~2 days, and then have closure.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-15 21:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The story is decent. You can come back now for free. You KIs you get for completing it grant you a ton of bonuses for making old content super-easy to do, like 1hour salvage tags, assault permits, campaign evaluations, etc., as well as cheap food, meds and nin tools and Amos from an npc. Also, so far, you end up with an extra 180% XP bonus just from the Rhapsody mission KIs.

Refer to this for a full list

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977-Key-Items-Available-by-Progressing-through-Rhapsodies-of-Vana’diel[
By Draylo 2015-08-15 22:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just play it
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-08-16 05:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Just play it
We have a new catchphrase! I knew I could count on Draylo.
By Vectivus 2015-08-16 05:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just play it

you should copy right this draylo, make billions like nike did with " Just Do It"
By Vectivus 2015-08-16 06:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kilorilo said: »
Rhapsodies (RoV) isn't worth returning for by itself. The story so far has been decent (most don't care about this it seems), but nothing amazing, and none of the new content is particularly interesting either (typical rehash of old stuff with little being actually new).

i think it is worth it, it really opens up even more content to do with the rest. Also if you ever had goals of making relic empys or mythics ect it becomes even more realistic with basically no lock outs of having to wait days.

content and gear aside, i personally enjoyed the storyline so far i just finished the august segment of it and accessed the 5 trusts and KI's. I got a feeling the november update is going to involve seekers of adoulin being completed so i need to stop sitting on my hands with those missions and rock and roll them ,lol

also even if you lost alot of your friends who use to play there is still life on the servers, don't be scared to say hello and and make new friends.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-08-16 07:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I never thought i would ever get a mythic done, so purely for the ease of doing that if you ever loved the game like i do still come play for free and see what u think.....GOD I LOVE ME TIZONA lol ;P
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-08-16 08:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just play it
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-08-16 08:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Just play it
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-08-16 09:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saprykin said: »
I have been mulling over the idea of returning. Haven't played seriously in an extremely long while. Just a few questions that won't require much of anyone who can answer. Is the rhapsodies stuff worth returning for? Is the game just going to be put out to pasture come December? Any Social LSs open to new blood?

Thanks!

Rhapsodies so far in itself is not really worth returning (though chapter 2 was much better then chapter 1, so who knows what is incoming with it) but if you want nostalgic value, and chance to talk to old friends (if they still play) then it might be worth coming back. As far as the game in Dec it will still be going though maybe with a few less people. There will still be plenty to do for awhile even though new content not coming out after Nov it will not be the end for awhile. SE is still going to do game maint etc after Nov just wont be releasing major new content.

I am pretty sure most social LS's are taking members. There is npc's in all the towns called Linkshell Concierges that have pearls on them for LS's that are recruiting, so it is fairly easy to get into a social ls.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2015-08-16 20:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back to playing a few days ago. I switched to a more populated server (Asura), met a few new faces and been having a good time playing again. Hope to dive into some new stuff this week to see what its all about.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-16 22:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just surprised that the OP's avatar hasn't been removed yet.
[+]