Is The New Sky Gear Hard To Get?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is the new sky gear hard to get?
Is the new sky gear hard to get?
By cervelo84 2015-08-13 18:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ryuo_Tekko_%2B1

I really like the new monk gear. I was wondering if you already have the abj from oldschool sky days if you just need to get the new upgrade items to boost it to i119?

Any thoughts on the new zone? I like that you get more JP's then in the Other escha zone.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-13 20:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The old Abj are NOT needed. In fact having old uncursed gear you want to use is kinda bad. If you want to use old uncursed armor you need to recurse it with the SAME old abjuration to its original material. SE really overdid themself here.

To craft new gear:
- Buy/craft/recurse old cursed gear
- Craft it again to new cursed gear. Expenses heavily depend on type. Old -1 armor have a higher CHANCE of new +1 but NOT guaranteed. Their craft is simple and inexpensive. Old NQ gear has an expensive and high craft with a low +1 chance. BLM armor runs 3-4 Mil because of the use of a Defiant Sweat. Other Armors are cheaper because they use cheap materials like Bztavian Wing.
- Get a new abjuration from Escha Ru'Aun. Drop pools seem larger this time around and NMs are generally meaner with adds popping out of T2 and T3 NM.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-14 09:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
To craft new gear:
- Buy/craft/recurse old cursed gear
- Craft it again to new cursed gear. Expenses heavily depend on type. Old -1 armor have a higher CHANCE of new +1 but NOT guaranteed. Their craft is simple and inexpensive. Old NQ gear has an expensive and high craft with a low +1 chance. BLM armor runs 3-4 Mil because of the use of a Defiant Sweat. Other Armors are cheaper because they use cheap materials like Bztavian Wing.
- Get a new abjuration from Escha Ru'Aun. Drop pools seem larger this time around and NMs are generally meaner with adds popping out of T2 and T3 NM.

Thanks for this, haven't seen much info around since it's so new. I didn't see any new Vexed/Bewitched stuff on AH yet, so may have just not looked hard enough.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-17 08:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a MUST READ for anyone even remotly dreaming about new HQ armors:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/94286-Amazing-Crafts-V-Zouri-accidently-the-whole-crafting-forum?p=6495777&viewfull=1#post6495777
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-08-17 08:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll settle for the NQ versions for now myself, HQ's are still a goal for the long term. If I decide to keep playing for long after November.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna repost here what I posted in that thread. This goes out to all the people looking for more Crimson/Carmine:

The best way to acquire handful of wyvern scales in large volumes:

1) Find a location where there are some wyverns. I prefer Ifrit's Cauldron at Vouivre, but Riverne B home point, Kuftal basement, Jade Sepulcher home point all work, and I might be forgetting some other spots.
2) Go as either THF or a job with very good fast cast.
3) Summon Nanaa Mihgo trust and engage some wyverns. For whatever reason, her success rate with Despoil (which earns you what she nabs) is much higher than players.
4) Here's the tricky part: Triggering Nanaa's Despoil seems to be based on either hate you've accumulated on the enemy or damage you've dealt, I need to test this more. On Hurricane Wyverns, as THF I melee them down to 50% and then turn, and she'll regularly Despoil. The superstitious part of me thinks it might happen more if she's closer and behind the enemy but that's probably not the case.
5) After killing the wyvern, resummon her and repeat. Farming in Ifrit's is nice since there are 4 or 5 spawns (depending on Vouivre window, and he himself will drop a scale) in one small location.

By the way, during this BCNM event, enemies in KC/HKC fights can drop Penelope's Cloth, Staghorn Coral, Sealord Skin, Belladonna Sap, Serica Cloth, and Scarletite Ingot. Tenzen II also drops Scarletite on all difficulties at a not terrible rate.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-17 16:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a couple of thf trusts, is Nanaa the only one that despoils?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 16:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, yes. If someone has access to more of them, I'd be interested in knowing if they will use it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 17:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The 119 cursed/hexed gear is crafted using the old cursed/hexed gear. You then take an abjuration from the new sky NMs to uncurse them. The synths from old to new are much simpler and have a higher HQ rate using old HQs. Synths using old NQs require an extra subcraft, 2 extra materials (generally from Vagary, Delve, Unity, and merit BCs), and are higher in skill, hurting the HQ rate.

Also, if you have uncursed gear, you can re-curse them using Synergy with the abjuration and a Colossal Skull for NQs, or Umbral Marrow for HQs.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-08-17 20:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Old cursed gear is crafted into bewitched (nq) and voodoo (hq) gear. Old hexed gear is crafted into vexed and vexed-1 gear.

Trade those along with the appropriate abjuration from Escha - Ru'aun to the same guy in Northern San d'Oria.

After that, augments can be applied by Nolan in Norg.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 20:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you buy a Hexed (cursed 99) item off AH, you will need a crafter to upgrade it to Vexed/Jinxed (cursed 119 NQ/HQ). There is a small chance you will get the HQ.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-17 21:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no, uncursing/recursing won't change whether it's HQ or NQ. The only time when it can go from HQ to NQ is the synth from 99 to 119. I was gonna draw a big diagram but I keep getting sidetracked.

Example 1: You buy voodoo cuisses, and have the abjuration. It will become carmine cuisses +1 no matter what.
Example 2: You buy bewitched cuisses, and have the abjuration. It will become carmine cuisses no matter what.
Example 3: You have some blood cuisses. You'll need wyrmal abjuration: legs and an vial of umbral marrow, and a synergist. Use synergy to strip the augments, and then combine the abjuration, cuisses, and marrow to create cursed cuisses -1. Then find an Alchemist; the cuisses + chunk of eschite ore + dark crystal has a tier 1 chance of becoming voodoo cuisses, but will probably become bewitched cuisses.
Example 4: You bought some cursed cuisses on AH one day. An Alchemist with Bonecraft at 70 could use those + chunk of eschite ore + vial of plovid effluvium + Emperor Arthro's shell at a tier 0 chance of making voodoo cuisses, very likely will end up with bewitched cuisses
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-08-17 23:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He's a little off on his #s for ingredients required, but the rest of it is a good read. You should need roughly 100 sets, not 200. Base 10% HQ rate for 1st synth since T1, then add in rings and food. You should get 10+ HQs. Using that, 1 of those 10+ should give you a new cursed HQ.
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-18 11:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What pieces in the Amalric set are worth making?
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-08-18 11:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

He's a little off on his #s for ingredients required, but the rest of it is a good read. You should need roughly 100 sets, not 200. Base 10% HQ rate for 1st synth since T1, then add in rings and food. You should get 10+ HQs. Using that, 1 of those 10+ should give you a new cursed HQ.
Tier 1 is a 1/16 rate rather then 10% so a 1/12 after you account for rings and food.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-08-18 16:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »

Tier 1 is a 1/16 rate rather then 10% so a 1/12 after you account for rings and food.

Hmm, I had 10% stuck in my head from years and years ago. So I see why he'd say 200 with 1/16 (it would be 196 needed), but who would be crazy enough to synth these without both rings and food? So 144 would be needed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-08-18 16:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

16/144 and then bam, 0/16 and a keyboard out the window.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-18 16:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »

My condolences
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-18 17:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »

My condolences

Lol

Sorry