Forum » FFXI » General » Skirmish Question
Skirmish Question
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-13 13:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

With Trusts can one solo Skirmish? I'm trying to get a 119 weapon from the Eminent/AH stuff I currently have but I haven't done much of SoA but have gotten the 6 Trust Capacity from RoV
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-08-13 13:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cirdas can certainly be soloed by a well equipped player with trusts, Rala would be harder. Neither will be particularly easy in 117 gear in all likelihood.

Might have better chances doing yorcia alluvion to get wings to trade in for the weapons. If you have the red pell, you could also trade that in for enough wings to pick up 2 weapons.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-08-13 13:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best combo of parts for wings in yorica?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-13 13:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a spare red mog pell from the current campaign, you can redeem it for 6 Mellidopt wings, which you can trade to the ??? in Yorcia Weald (near the Enigmatic Device).

You can then buy an Alluvion Skirmish weapon from the ??? at a cost of 3 wings per weapon.

Otherwise, if you want to stick to doing Alluvion Skirmishs for weapons, it depends on your job and gear. It's possible to win, but some of the NM's can be rough.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-08-13 14:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Only person I know who can solo skirmish is Josi. Well Josi and his army of toons. Would be rough booking and killing I think in yorcia.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-13 15:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've soloed (A) Yorcia as BST a number of times using a tier 1 torso. As long as you know which map you're on, where the mobs are, and are able to kill quickly, it's usually do-able. It's mostly a game of balancing time spent killing for puissance, and time spent getting back to the book to summon valiants.

Oh, and I have to tip my virtual hat to Josi, since it was his video that gave me the know-how.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-13 15:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The main problem I have is getting enough obsidian fragments to pay for all the runs I want to go on, lol.

BTW, the map was a huge help Josi! I had to tweak it a bit so I could read it more quickly, but the map is essentially what allows me to clear the zone with time to spare.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.