Sinister Reign!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-07 03:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

~ WARNING! ADOULIN SPOILERS AHEAD! SCRAM IF YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT! ~

I can't begin to describe how much I love this new event. The ease of getting into it, the challenge and chaos of the fights themselves, and the very satisfying reward system make this, to date, probably the best event they've ever made. Anyway...

SINISTER REIGN!

Prerequisites:
You can participate if you've beaten all Seekers of Adoulin Missions and viewed the final cutscenes. Again, this means there are spoilers if you haven't progressed in the missions.

Getting Started:
You need 3-6 people in your party to enter. Trusts cannot be used. In Ra'Kaznar Inner Court, by the entrance to the Turris (BC), there is a new Home Point and NPC named Malobra. After an introductory CS, you can purchase an entry KI for 5k bayld. All party members need this KI to enter. You can get KIs and re-enter as often as you want.

Let's Get Down to Business!
You will be fighting in 3 rounds against random good guy NPCs from Adoulin Missions, one at a time. Of these 3 rounds, there are 3 possible enemies you can face. The content level is 130, and I'd consider it roughly as challenging as Vagary. If you lose, you get nothing. If you win, speak with Malobra for your rewards; more on that further down.

General Tips:
- Seeing as this is content level 130, you will want some form of buffs and a good amount of accuracy/magic accuracy.
- Most of these enemies specialize in magic attacks, and most are focused on a single element. Melees would be best going /RUN.
- Hate reset is a common theme as well, so plan accordingly.
- Like most content, focusing your strategy on either melees or on mages is your best bet.
- Many enemies here have attacks adding Dispel, Silence, or Amnesia. I'm having a hard time keeping track of what each individual move does since there are a ton that are new.
- In each fight, I've included which Rune/Barspell to better manage these enemies.

THE BATTLES!

Adoulin Character Spoilers ahead!

ROUND 1:

ROUND 2:

ROUND 3:

THE REWARDS!

After winning, talk to Malobra and get your prizes! You have a choice between 4 items or 1k bayld. Of the 4 items, 3 are specific to each boss you fought (augmented gear or potentially a trust cipher), and then the 4th is a random material/scroll (includes Delve boss materials).

The augments on the gear are specific to each piece (sorta like with the JSE capes). Unlike other events, however, it's fairly common to get exceptional or even maximized augments on gear. If a piece appeals to you, have hope! Getting quality augments is quite realistic and comes at no gil cost.

Rewards listed by boss (again, character spoilers):
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-07 03:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, awesome work ! Even in progress. Thanks a lot
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 03:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a good chance you need more accuracy during later rounds, but I am not certain of increasing evasion there. Generally, you want something around 1260-1300 total accuracy. I don't have exact numbers, but somewhere around there lets me cap hit rate with Taming Sari; swapping to Nibiru Knife C15 makes me drop down to 95%-ish, so I'm actually not overshooting accuracy too much with that.

Spoilered, because content I'm referring to is spoilered, as well.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 03:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For now,
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Sinister_Reign
Is up to date on the auguments as best as i can. Me, Jeanpaul and a few others have been spamming the content.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 04:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you avoid Marine Mayhem by simply stacking on the tank or staying 20+ yalms away?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 04:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can you avoid Marine Mayhem by simply stacking on the tank or staying 20+ yalms away?

We were running to it when it pops (your given that much time)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-07 04:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

That doesn't really answer his question though and it's a fair point, all current versions of mayhem kill people within 5-20 yalms so if it still works that way, wouldn't it be easier for the backline to run outside 20 yalms rather than run within 5?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 04:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that was exactely my point Tidis

Additional question: does any of these targets have dispel/dispelga mechanics?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 04:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

That doesn't really answer his question though and it's a fair point, all current versions of mayhem kill people within 5-20 yalms so if it still works that way, wouldn't it be easier for the backline to run outside 20 yalms rather than run within 5?

They Consistantly spawn in the middle of the BC, you can't run 20" from the center in the BC, only 17~18"
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 05:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
You can get KIs and re-enter as often as you want
Mind blown.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 05:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I assumed they spawned in the current position of Arciela.
Makes sense I guess.

Any more detail on possible dispelling mechanics?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 05:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Just, because i have done it with BSTs, For ROSULATIA, her Adds can be killed and they wont respawn.

I've also observed for wave 1 Arcelia, she also has En-Dia too, but thats just from Healing Jeanpaul.
It might be Ygnas, it might be Arcelia
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 05:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The only dispel thing I can remember come from Arciela v2 (round 3) and Hurkan/Kumhau with Static Prison and Glassy Nova respectively. And August (?) has a TP move that is a full dispel. I don't know if it's single target or conal, but it is not full AoE, iirc.

Also, you can pull away mobs to the edge, which makes e. g. Sajj'aka's Denounce a lot more manageable, because you have room to stand in where you're not hit. Summoned Naakuals might be summoned in the centre of the arena, but they move towards Arciela to drop the TP move on the one with hate.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 05:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** hate dispel.
Dispel should be deleted from the game files.

[/rantover]

Thanks for the data, guys.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 06:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think i can say i've ever seen Arcelia V2 herself use dispel, only from Glassy Nova from Kumhau. Also, Teodor also Dispels buffs, at least it's on one of his weaponskills.
But with /statusparty on. it's not hard as a WHM to find whats missing and remove.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 06:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

as a whm, no. But it's the bane of every 4song BRD and greatly reduces the efficiency of having a Carnwenhan /cry
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 06:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

as a whm, no. But it's the bane of every 4song BRD and greatly reduces the efficiency of having a Carnwenhan /cry

Oh yeah i feel ya.
But i Suppose for Sajj'aka.... unless your spamming Darkness skillchains, i don't think it'll work to bring a Melee set up
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 06:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

But wouldn't BRD be still useful for the tank, for even a single DD, to ballad the mages, to lullaby adds, debuff the targets etc?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 07:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess, i mean, I've only ever done it with BST party and a Mage party, of which only the mage we had the BRD in. Jeanpaul will be better to ask, seeing as he was our tank.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 07:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the August fight with JPs, i know a few were asking about the validity of stacking on the BG forums.
Here.

Unless you have Capped HP, you will die.... so.... ya know....
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-07 07:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Stickied.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-08-07 08:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it physical or magical? Curious if Bulwark can nullify it.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 08:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Is it physical or magical? Curious if Bulwark can nullify it.
I don't quiet know....
I mean if a run is taking 9998 damage and a PLD is taking 9999... I don't see a difference.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-07 08:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sajj'aka's Denounce is such a punk move, but we did fine recovering quickly from it. That being said though, you need a fast and responsive WHM to react quickly to that and other nasty moves.

We did a few Sinister runs last night with 2 RNG's and a COR and everything went fine. I'm curious to see how BST fare also.

As with most everything now days, Sinister Reign seems to be yet another end-game scenario in which ranged attack is ideal.

So far I've landed Divinity and Enticer's legs.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-08-07 09:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
As with most everything now days, Sinister Reign seems to be yet another end-game scenario in which ranged attack is ideal.

Ideal as in?

I don't know, unless I'm really stupid, I don't die being the single melee DD out there. Sure, it's a bit more work for the healer, but honestly, I rather have 8-10 minute runs where the healer has to work a bit more (I'm not talking about 200 heartbeats per minute "a bit more", because damage taken is pretty low on most things) than 11-13 minute runs where the healer might as well afk, too.

To put it in perspective: "Do 4 runs, have time for a 5th one."
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 10:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »

Ideal as in?

I don't know, unless I'm really stupid, I don't die being the single melee DD out there. Sure, it's a bit more work for the healer, but honestly, I rather have 8-10 minute runs where the healer has to work a bit more (I'm not talking about 200 heartbeats per minute "a bit more", because damage taken is pretty low on most things) than 11-13 minute runs where the healer might as well afk, too.

To put it in perspective: "Do 4 runs, have time for a 5th one."

I Agree, i also feel as if a RNG run has potential to go wrong...
At least with DD's i suppose on Sajj'aka, darkness skillchains will help.
BUT Every NM uses Amnesia, thats why it's a frustrating fight for Beastmasters.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-07 10:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, no. Nothing went wrong last night with RNG's other than random deaths from learning all the new NM TP moves.

The only time we really had a falling out was when we fought Rosalatia + her 3 plant minions for the first time. It was a little chaotic until we figured out to kill off the adds first.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-07 10:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time we really had a falling out was when we fought Rosalatia + her 3 plant minions for the first time. It was a little chaotic until we figured out to kill off the adds first.

I think those are immune to light based sleeps. A bard i was with earlier, could not land sleep. But another group SCH AoE Sleep was fine.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-07 10:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think those are immune to light based sleeps. A bard i was with earlier, could not land sleep. But another group SCH AoE Sleep was fine.

:o that's good to know!
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-07 10:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
AUGUST- With the wings up, he has access to the move No Counter, which deals 9999 damage split conally. DT gear, Scherzo, Earthen Armor, and other protections DO NOT WORK to stop this.
Used PLD, NIN, SMN, x2 GEO, WHM. Tank died and Miga up w/ no shadows 9999 dmg. So neither does Migawari.
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14