New Attachments For Augest 5th Update.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » New attachments for Augest 5th update.
New attachments for Augest 5th update.
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-05 01:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following attachments have been added.

Tension Spring IV / Heat Capacitor II / Loudspeaker IV /
Tranquilizer III / Amplifier II / Accelerator IV / Scope III /
Armor Plate IV / Shock Absorber III / Stabilizer IV / Dynamo III /
Mana Jammer IV / Auto Repair Kit IV / Mana Tank IV

I haven't finished updating yet and I doubt I will have time to do any testing after I do, but I suspect the values of some of these will be...

Tension Spring IV: 12%/15%/18%/21%(Could be lower though)
Loudspeaker IV: 20/30/40/50
Amplifier II: Just *** works, hopefully.
Accelerator IV: 30/40/50/60
Scope III: 30/50/70/90(Dunno about this one.)
Armor Plate IV: 20/25/30/35
Mana Jammer IV: 40/50/60/70(Hopefully)
Auto Repair Kit IV: Please let VE break 4k hp...

Good luck to all you PUPs out there on getting 1200JP... So good, so hard to reach...
By Ruaumoko 2015-08-05 01:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1200 Job Points might be mandatory to get the most out of these new attachments.

All can be purchased from the NPC in Nashmau.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-05 02:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
1200 Job Points might be mandatory to get the most out of these new attachments.

All can be purchased from the NPC in Nashmau.

II'm quite sad to see that none of our actual issues seem to be fixed though. PUPs are still going to do shitty damage in situations where the master cannot melee, and mage puppets are still worthless outside of salvage pretty much. Tanks puppets didn't really need much help aside from a way to build more enmity :/

I'm still stoked, but I am not sure that the 1200JP will be quite as mandatory as the 100jp was. Unless the new attachments are just super good.

Edit: This looks interesting.

Burana Earring
PUP
Maneuver effects +1
Automaton: Attack+15
Ranged Attack+15
"Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Regen"+2
By Ruaumoko 2015-08-05 02:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

These look interesting as well.

Ryuo Tekko
MNK, SAM, NIN, PUP
DEF:105 HP+29 STR+12 DEX+38 VIT+30
AGI+12 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17
Accuracy+17 Ranged Accuracy+17
Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+32
"Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+4%
Critical hit rate +4%
Critical hit damage +4%

Ryuo Tekko +1
MNK, SAM, NIN, PUP
DEF:106 HP+29 STR+12 DEX+38 VIT+30
AGI+13 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17
Accuracy+18 Ranged Accuracy+18
Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+32
"Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+4%
Critical hit rate +5%
Critical hit damage +5%
Set: Increases Attack

Ta'lab Trousers
MNK, THF, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, RUN
DEF:115 HP+47 STR+29 VIT+16 AGI+20
INT+30 MND+17 CHR+11 Attack+15
Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+69
"Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+6%
"Triple Attack"+3% "Counter"+3
Critical hit rate +2%

Ryuo Hakama
MNK, SAM, NIN, PUP
DEF:127 HP+50 STR+29 VIT+15 AGI+21
INT+30 MND+17 CHR+11
Attack+21 Ranged Attack+21
Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+80
"Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+5%
"Double Attack"+3% "Store TP"+5
"Skillchain Bonus"+10

Ryuo Hakama +1
MNK, SAM, NIN, PUP
DEF:128 HP+50 STR+29 VIT+15
AGI+21 INT+30 MND+17 CHR+11
Attack+22 Ranged Attack+22
Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+80
"Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+5%
"Double Attack"+4% "Store TP"+6
"Skillchain Bonus"+11
Set: Increases Attack

All of these look quite nice.
By dustinfoley 2015-08-05 07:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets not forget the new animators force range...which is nice, but doesnt solve the issue that rng pet is sub par if you cant force it to stay in melee range.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-05 12:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Lets not forget the new animators force range...which is nice, but doesnt solve the issue that rng pet is sub par if you cant force it to stay in melee range.

Not that I expect it will, but if the version II animators also cause Sharpshot to shoot faster (say, give it Velocity Shot and maybe a Flurry effect), that would go a long way to making it a lot more competitive.

If not, I'm not particularly bothered. Sharpshot was the best frame for like 8 years, it's kinda OK with me if Valoredge gets its turn to be the interesting frame.
By baroma 2015-08-05 15:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Eminent Animator II, how does it fair with Divinator? Whats the main difference?
Edit: oh i see what the difference is now. Had to read further down the update thread. Its just a range modification.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-08-05 16:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i usually RDM all day everyday now il do the others sometimes in job point partys as novelty but thats about it.

maybe there saving a massive unlocking in nov lol at least they give us stuff unlike some jobs which are pretty much dead now
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-05 17:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a theory about a new way to play PUP that I am going to spend whatever time I can manage tonight testing. Also, does anyone know how to get Divinator II?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-05 17:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Burana Earring get. It's a reward from the new Tarutaru Sauce quest, choice of one of four pet job JSE earrings (BST PUP SMN DRG).

Description on this page and the next, at BG:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion/page508
[+]
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-08-05 18:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i say to increase our attachment slots by 3 or 4. and increase the elemental cap a bit and give us a couple attack + attachments. then ill hop back on pup. but in the meantime ill just work on my cor and pld
By Ruaumoko 2015-08-05 18:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Heat Capacitor II appears to covert Fire Maneuvers to TP at a ratio of 600tp per consumed maneuver.

Tension Spring IV with Optic Fiber seems to be +32/+67/+98 Attack.

Auto-Repair Kit IV with Optic Fiber seems to be 107/131/155 Regen.

Armor Plate IV seems strange. Automaton had 1063 base defense without any Armor Plates on and 1063 with it on but no Earth Maneuvers up. Ended up like this: 1068/1076/1081.

Dynamo II and Dynamo III stacked (possible with 100 job point gift) is EXTREMELY noticeable. I checked a chat log to see x23 critical hits in a row on targets in Outer Raz.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-05 19:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Armor plates are PDT. Your defense values are just from the +VIT from the maneuvers themselves.
By Ruaumoko 2015-08-05 20:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Armor plates are PDT. Your defense values are just from the +VIT from the maneuvers themselves.
Derp.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-05 21:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Also, does anyone know how to get Divinator II?

Got mine tonight in Divine Might II, on Normal. Seems likely it could drop from any BC that previously dropped Divinator (though DM only is a possibility too).
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-05 23:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the range thing, any change in auto with Div II?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-06 01:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used it a ton, just did a few UNM on PUP to play with Div II so far. I didn't eyeball any significant difference other than standing at range.

Sharpshot seemed to be just... normal Sharpshot ranged speed/accuracy/damage, but didn't come in to melee. Stormwaker stayed back and casted (which was nice). Valoredge ran away and stood there, and that was kinda funny.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-06 01:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the exact range they chose?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-06 02:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What range is the "standing at range"?
Is it 20+? 15+? Or under that?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-06 09:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I haven't used it a ton, just did a few UNM on PUP to play with Div II so far. I didn't eyeball any significant difference other than standing at range.

Sharpshot seemed to be just... normal Sharpshot ranged speed/accuracy/damage, but didn't come in to melee. Stormwaker stayed back and casted (which was nice). Valoredge ran away and stood there, and that was kinda funny.

This sounds kinda strange, but does that mean you could keep VE engaged and kite a mob around? I can just imagine having little VE running around with a big *** nm after him while ranger auto chase after it blasting it with bolts. Probably not effective, but hilarious.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-06 09:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile: any testing with the earring? Is the +1 maneuver something stupid like +1 to the related stat or something better?
If it's "just" +1 stat I think I'm gonna pick the SMN earring.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-06 11:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal automaton standing range with Divinator II seems to be about 12.5' on all frames, so unless there's some way to alter than that I'm unaware of, still risky on certain mobs with long range AoE. But enough distance to be safe from most stuff.

After playing with it further, if the automaton has hate it will NOT back away. Which is a good thing, otherwise it could really break stuff like Ventriloquy (which I used last night on UNM when I pulled hate off my tank with AM3 and some WS, fixed that with a quick Ventriloquy and the mob went over to eat my Stormwaker). You can see this really well by deploying VE on a fresh mob and watching it just... stand there, then using a strobe to have it provoke - automaton will stand there and fight like normal as long as it retains hate.

I can't imagine any weird kiting tactics, it's simply a way to keep mage frames from following a mob right into close-range AoE. Sharpshot to a lesser extent, but that doesn't seem very effective.

If you want to play around with the AI and don't want to wait to get Divinator II, I'm sure the Eminent II works the same way if you have a few spare sparks.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Meanwhile: any testing with the earring? Is the +1 maneuver something stupid like +1 to the related stat or something better?
If it's "just" +1 stat I think I'm gonna pick the SMN earring.

Yes, "just" +1 stat per maneuver - i.e. use a maneuver with AF gloves and the earring and you get 9 points of the related attribute per manuever, instead of the base 7. Text is the exact same as that on the AF reforge hands too, so that shouldn't be much surprise.

The big draw of the earring is the far better than alternative atk/ratk/MAB stats and pet regen+2. IDK if I'd go for it if I played BST or SMN, but since PUP is my only one of the pet jobs it was a simple choice :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-06 13:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Yes, "just" +1 stat per maneuver - i.e. use a maneuver with AF gloves and the earring and you get 9 points of the related attribute per manuever, instead of the base 7. Text is the exact same as that on the AF reforge hands too, so that shouldn't be much surprise.

The big draw of the earring is the far better than alternative atk/ratk/MAB stats and pet regen+2. IDK if I'd go for it if I played BST or SMN, but since PUP is my only one of the pet jobs it was a simple choice :)

That's kinda what I was expecting, but I REALLY wanted something that affected attachment potency. I suppose that might be sorta broken though. I'm still interested to see how Midnight's can be augmented, but basically I'm probably just going to stick with Nibiru 90% of the time.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-06 15:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lame that it's not 15+, sigh. Feels kinda useless.
Thanks for the earring though, think I'm gonna go for SMN.
Altough the PUP in me is gonna cry sour tears...
By Fuuki 2015-08-08 22:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it is a very, VERY long shot, but has anyone tried Dboxing the earring to a mule on the same account? I only see the flags: CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare on the BG Wiki, so maybe I can dream of going through the quest line on a mule and having both SMN and PUP earrings?
By jopa 2015-08-09 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't be sent to same account, unfortunately. As an aside, I don't think you'd need to do the quest or even have a mule if it was deliverable; just send it to yourself and it's considered out of your inventories.
By Fuuki 2015-08-09 21:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww nuts :( Thanks for checking.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-08-13 14:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

From Freshly Picked Vana'diel 20 Digest:
Quote:
Puppetmaster
We’ve added new attachments.
There are high-tier versions of existing attachments, and their effects and elemental values are higher.
By switching these with the lower-tier attachments, you can save attachment slots, but you can also combine them together for sharper settings.

Additionally, we increased the stats for attachments that elicit effects when spending maneuvers. The projectiles produced by Barrage when using the Barrage Turbine, which uses three maneuvers, has been doubled, and other attachment effects have also been increased. Please test them all out.

Prior to the version update we made an announcement regarding UI changes to address the increase in attachments, but since we were able to address this with internal specification changes, we did not end up making changes to the UI.

With these changes there will be a slight increase in loading time, but we adopted this method in order to avoid large changes to the way the game feels.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-13 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tested Heat Capacitor 1-2. Together, a single fire maneuver gave 1000tp I believe. So that's cool.
[+]
By darthmaull 2015-08-14 21:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyone with patience enough to test the attachments? I would like to test but I don't play as much anymore. I would love if some info on the increases were posted.
First Page 2