Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Replacement for FFXICalculator
Replacement for FFXICalculator
By anderxero 2015-07-30 21:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Since FFXI Calculator hasn't been updated in over 2 years and the TP formulas have changed since then, I'm wondering if anyone has made or found a similar program?

I've found a few online TP calculators, but they all seem to be based on the old formula.

/checkparam has made some functions of FFXIC unnecessary, but it would be nice to find something that works for some of the other functions.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-30 21:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this be a useful site feature?
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-07-30 22:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Extremely useful tool, would be great to see such a feature here. I can not state how many times I had used it over the last few years up until it was outdated during the store TP changes.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-30 22:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably lower in priority than getting the XIV side running, but that's a long project so I take breaks from it to work on the XI side. But, a couple of questions, if people want to offer input.

Would it be more useful as a function of item sets, or independent? I've got some code to add augments to item sets (for things like skirmish gear) in progress, if that changes your answer.

What all do people want to track? I haven't used FFXICalc for years and honestly have no idea what all it even tracks.

My eventual goal is to allow the item set page to simulate the DPS spreadsheets, but I need to pick apart a couple of them for formulas to see how they work. So it sounds like this makes sense as an extension of that, but I'm open to input either way.
[+]
By maxdecphoenix 2015-07-30 23:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was working on a GUI calculator for personal use, that i intended to possibly release had i ever finished it, but I took a break from the game, cause life, and never really continued it.

It's done with Python and I had tried to mimic the game GUI to the extent possible. There's code for saving/loading character data, but it wasn't implemented in the GUI yet. The equipment options were culled from an equipment master list, that i had intended to make (may have made) a separate thing to edit/add new equips (particularly because of augments). In this way, this separated it from other calculators where one inputted trait values directly. In mine, they're pulled right from the equipment, job,race data. I was going to do a recursive comparative option, but I realized it's multi-instance so you could just open up another window to make comparisons.

As far as i know, the calculations, caps, and order of operations (which can be seen in blue text printed to the register in that left pane) were accurate as of a couple months back. I was in the process of transferring register printing into the GUI text seen under the 'equipment menu'. When i last worked on it. Keeping a minimalist approach, the job titles, aren't titles, they're buttons. So they'd bring up Job specific merit window not unlike the 'merit group 1 window'. I think i even implemented parts of the Gift system.

I intended to implement WS/magics (it was intended for my Blue Mage)but never got around to it.

most of the game mechanic formulas were culled from various ffxi sites or spreadsheet fare. Some are my own. So I can't even really say what's mine or what's someone else's mathematical work for credits.

I really wanted to implement a feature that would allow the importing of game gear, but that's beyond my skill level. The code's in python as i said, but if anyone wants it as skeleton code to finish or transmute into another language to release, let me know. As I don't actively play the game anymore, I don't really have the inclination to finish it. Unless someone pays me :P
[+]
By Aelius 2015-07-31 00:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Using gearsets, this could be a thing.
By anderxero 2015-07-31 04:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow! I am really surprised at just how fast this thread got a response lol.

It seems like a couple of other people have largely answered your questions about it's usefulness, but I do have some more input.

I've never really figured out how to use the spreadsheets, but I rather liked the way FFXICalc functioned before (that's not to say it couldn't use some improvements, though).

If you haven't done so already, the old version is still available. It might be worth a download to see how it looked and worked.

FFXI Calculator
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2590 days between previous and next post]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2022-09-01 19:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Would this be a useful site feature?

Would what be an useful site
anderxero said: »
Since FFXI Calculator hasn't been updated in over 2 years and the TP formulas have changed since then, I'm wondering if anyone has made or found a similar program?

I've found a few online TP calculators, but they all seem to be based on the old formula.

/checkparam has made some functions of FFXIC unnecessary, but it would be nice to find something that works for some of the other functions.

Hello,

Has anyone contacted the developer? He says if there is something you want to discuss to please contact him. Just wondering.