Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » clean install of ffxi question
clean install of ffxi question
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-07-27 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know can i skip the normal update that takes the longest if i have a ffxi folder saved from may if i apply that will it matter or do i still need to do the day 1 update?

I cant remember if it works or not.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-07-27 19:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you just do it and find out?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-07-27 20:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
if your not going to help or add something helpful please do not post.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-07-27 20:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Josiahfk said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
I would like to know can i skip the normal update that takes the longest if i have a ffxi folder saved from may if i apply that will it matter or do i still need to do the day 1 update?

I cant remember if it works or not.
Download the full client from playonline now since it might be faster just getting everything at once than using your old stuff.

Hello kawar.
I do i am using the full thing. I am asking about a patch or is that what your telling me to do. when i say thats what to do your telling me forget the patch and just download the information from there servers?
 leo
By leo 2015-07-27 20:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He's telling you to go to playonline.com, download the new FFXI installer and install everything with that. That will give you a smaller update download than using the older discs.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-07-27 20:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i am using an installer from there website the intaller is from like april will that matter.
 leo
By leo 2015-07-27 21:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

not much, because it's going to lack the last year and half of updates. (they updated the installer so it has every update until around the time of the release of seekers of adoulin)
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-07-27 21:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
if your not going to help or add something helpful please do not post.

Follow your own advice mate, you are the biggest ***poster on these forums.

What I was saying is constructive. Instead of wasting your time and everyone elses, just try it. The worst that could happen is that you have to restart your fresh install again.

Do you think, at all, like even for a fraction of a second before you just start typing out these idiotic threads?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-07-27 21:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
not much, because it's going to lack the last year and half of updates. (they updated the installer so it has every update until around the time of the release of seekers of adoulin)
ok so do you think i should try what i was going to do and put the patch from may this year in and see what happens?
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-07-27 22:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Install game > overwrite install folder with your backup > filecheck > ??? > Profit.

Seriously even if you mess up somehow POL's filecheck will just make you download every affected/missing file. This may or may not save you time, only way to really know is to try it and find out.