Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI on Windows 10
FFXI on Windows 10
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-08-02 19:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having their framerate dip in FFXI after the 10 upgrade where it didn't before?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-02 21:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Anyone having their framerate dip in FFXI after the 10 upgrade where it didn't before?

Yeah. Like .4 to 1.4 before it stayed always at 29.4
 Shiva.Cymopoleia
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cymopoleia 2015-08-02 23:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how many of these issues are related to the upgrade option itself.

Though I transitioned from the insider builds, I've not had any issues like this with ffxi, or other games beyond what I stated previously.

Did those of you having issues, all upgrade from 7/8 from your old installation?
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-03 01:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My game actually is lot smoother since i switched from win 7 pro > win10 pro
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-03 03:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't notice any performance issues in FFXI after upgrading from W7 home 64bit to W10 home 64bit and only needed to activate DirectPlay and .NET Framework 3.5 legacy features.
 Asura.Miroku
user: Miroku
By Asura.Miroku 2015-08-04 18:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having controller issues? I upgraded last week and haven't had a chance to play until today. Computer recognizes that I have a PS2 controller plugged in, but it's totally unresponsive in XI (and XIV for that matter).
By Jetackuu 2015-08-05 07:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miroku said: »
Anyone having controller issues? I upgraded last week and haven't had a chance to play until today. Computer recognizes that I have a PS2 controller plugged in, but it's totally unresponsive in XI (and XIV for that matter).
No, worked just fine with a F310 in Direct input mode.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-08-09 14:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

I managed to get FFXI + Windower4 running together just fine after resetting Windows 10 and reinstalling them, but I've got that frame rate issue now, too. It was a rock solid 29.4 fps on Win 7 whereas now it's constantly moving between 28.8 and 29.4. Practically impossible to tell the difference without looking at the numbers, but annoying like an itch you can't scratch.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-12 17:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I bought a new 500gb SSD, and instead of mirroring my existing HDD, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10. Downloaded the updated driver for my GPU, as well as AMD Catalyst Control to run three screens at one time (two at my desk, and one to my TV). Did a fresh install and update of FFXI, then Windower as well. Everything is up and running perfectly from an operation standpoint. However, I have some questions.

1. Is there a way for me to be able to run the FFXI that is still installed on the other HDD, so that I can save my macros to the server? If not, where can I find the local file, and can it be copy/pasted to the new SSD for this purpose.

2. I attempted to edit the init.txt file, and it wouldn't let me, saying I didn't have the rights to do so. I changed it so that it was no longer Read Only. And I went into the Properties and made sure I had full admin rights, which I did. And still nothing. I recall having this same issue in Win7, but I forgot what I did to get around it globally.
 Fenrir.Kytrill
user: Pypa
By Fenrir.Kytrill 2015-08-13 01:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Using DS4 (BT and Wired) works with button mapping issues. Config is programmed, all buttons/sticks respond correctly in test. POL screen no issues but when in game my right stick does nothing and my Square button (Ctrl trigger)changes view.
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-08-13 02:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
1. Is there a way for me to be able to run the FFXI that is still installed on the other HDD, so that I can save my macros to the server? If not, where can I find the local file, and can it be copy/pasted to the new SSD for this purpose.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER"

Youll notice few folders in there, one each per character.
With a given folder are files starting with MCR. Open/edit them with notepad, move them, do whatever you'd like. Other files in there also store settings within FFXI. Maybe worth a notepad view to see if you'd also like to keep those.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-13 07:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kytrill said: »
Using DS4 (BT and Wired) works with button mapping issues. Config is programmed, all buttons/sticks respond correctly in test. POL screen no issues but when in game my right stick does nothing and my Square button (Ctrl trigger)changes view.
The configs for controller use in POL and FFXI are different menus, it has to be set up in the FFXiPadConfig located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS

edit: assuming US client

(can also click on "gamepad" from the ffxi config menu iirc).

the gamepad settings for pol are under pol's config:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\polcfg
By Jetackuu 2015-08-13 08:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
So, I bought a new 500gb SSD, and instead of mirroring my existing HDD, I decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10. Downloaded the updated driver for my GPU, as well as AMD Catalyst Control to run three screens at one time (two at my desk, and one to my TV). Did a fresh install and update of FFXI, then Windower as well. Everything is up and running perfectly from an operation standpoint. However, I have some questions.

2. I attempted to edit the init.txt file, and it wouldn't let me, saying I didn't have the rights to do so. I changed it so that it was no longer Read Only. And I went into the Properties and made sure I had full admin rights, which I did. And still nothing. I recall having this same issue in Win7, but I forgot what I did to get around it globally.

1. I'd have stuck with Windows 7 over 10, but to each their own. I'd also have done a fresh install of 10 (can record your win10 serial now and do another fresh install from 10 directly and just reactivate).

2. You save the macros to the server from the character select screen.

But you could reinstall XI and select the path manually, but I wouldn't, but to each their own.

Also I personally run multiple XI instances in their own VM each that way I can have one on each screen with each their own input assigned via a usb controller(without having to change focus to the other window).

Another benefit of that is I have the resolution of the vms locked, so when you unplug a screen it won't kill XI.

3. As for that config issue, you can either go to "save as" and save it in another location and paste it back in the folder and it will ask to confirm, etc.

Or one can open notepad as an admin, and save normally.

Another option is to disable UAC, should stop that issue, but some like to keep that enabled. I don't know how well that works in Windows 10 though.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-13 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea right after I did the upgrade, I made the Windows 10 install media on a thumb drive. I'm neutral on it so far. I hated Eindows 8, but it seems closer to 7 than it does 8. I haven't had a chance to dive to deep into it yet though. It is running FFXI perfectly fine though through Windower.

Using Pinteyes tip, I was able to find the Users folder on my old drive, and copy/paste to my new drive. Saved me the headache of trying to figure out how to get FFXI to run of the other drive.
 Fenrir.Kytrill
By Fenrir.Kytrill 2015-08-13 21:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
The configs for controller use in POL and FFXI are different menus, it has to be set up in the FFXiPadConfig located here:

Its only the 2 buttons that are not working as programed in FFXICONFIG. What I find strange is besides it only being just 2, why are doing something against the config programming.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-14 07:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it's not configured properly, and or saved.

Which buttons, pretell?

I've seen the camera controls not working properly on direct-input devices, are you sure the camera works in the config?

As for the other, you sure B12 and B4 aren't swapped? (at least those are the buttons on my DS2, I don't have a DS4 to test).
By ithorien 2015-08-14 08:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Its only the 2 buttons that are not working as programed in FFXICONFIG. What I find strange is besides it only being just 2, why are doing something against the config programming.

Make sure DS4windows/inputmapper has exclusive mode enabled; without it Direct Input does not work properly and that's what's causing your problems. I had this exact same issue.

Try this fix http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-J2K?pid=473439#pid473439
[+]
 Fenrir.Kytrill
By Fenrir.Kytrill 2015-08-16 10:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, My issue was solved by reinstalling the game.
By Churanira 2015-08-27 19:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you get it to switch to 64bit from 32bit java?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-27 20:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Churanira said: »
how do you get it to switch to 64bit from 32bit java?

Uninstall your 32 bit version and install a 64 bit version.
 Phoenix.Blackstar
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Blackstar 2015-09-12 13:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I had a question... well I quit a year or so ago but I was thinking about coming back.... but does FFXI still work for XBOX 360?
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-09-12 13:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Blackstar said: »
Hi, I had a question... well I quit a year or so ago but I was thinking about coming back.... but does FFXI still work for XBOX 360?

Console support isn't scheduled to be discontinued until March 2016.
By Elizabet 2015-09-19 01:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Crashing after ESRB before game starts. Works just fine if i dont use windower :(
 Asura.Raanan
By Asura.Raanan 2015-09-19 06:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Works perfectly fine for me :/
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-10-01 15:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone run into issues of minor but consistent frame rate lag? By that I mean every 5-6 seconds I get a 0.1~0.25 second lag, not much but noticeable especially if stunning. This has only started happening since I upgraded to win 10
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-01 16:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that every now and then, not when I was on Windows 7 and now on Windows 10. Closing out and restarting always fixed it though.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-10-01 16:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i will try that and see where it leads me.
 Sylph.Jarvick
Server: Sylph
user: Krichtan
By Sylph.Jarvick 2015-10-02 06:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
Crashing after ESRB before game starts. Works just fine if i dont use windower :(
I had this happen to me the first time logging in, but then when I tried logging in again, it seemed to work. Did you try a second time after the first crash with Windower?
By Elizabet 2015-10-02 06:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried a bunch of everything... Had to re-install win 10 proper (instead of doing the 8.1 to 10 update) to fix it.