Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If you were me and you were returning to FFXI with
If you were me and you were returning to FFXI with
By cervelo84 2015-07-25 12:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were returning to FFXI with my account what would you do first?

I am mythic sam/thf with updated skirmish v2 gear with top augments. I have lots of gil. I have 250 -300 job points on thf/sam... I really don't want to gear up a new job. I have not done the new escae content. I have cleared vagary. What would you do?

p.s I am not interested in crafting... not interested in making another mythic.. not interested in grinding job points ( yet)

I was burned out form the game and now want to return but feel like I will returnto the same ole same ole. hould I continue taking a reak from the game?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-25 12:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already got Empies reforged, there is only Escha and Gays Fates(or whatever they're called). There aren't any other new things(till next week).

So I'd wait next week.

edit: job points capped?
By Bloodrose 2015-07-25 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »

I am mythic sam/thf with updated skirmish v2 gear with top augments. I have lots of gil. I have 250 -300 job points on thf/sam... I really don't want to gear up a new job. I have not done the new escae content. I have cleared vagary. What would you do?

p.s I am not interested in crafting... not interested in making another mythic.. not interested in grinding job points ( yet)

I was burned out form the game and now want to return but feel like I will returnto the same ole same ole. hould I continue taking a reak from the game?
You're asking the AH community what we would do with your account, but we can't make another mythic, do any crafting, or grind job points because you're not interested in any of that?

There's really no point in mentioning you have lots of gil then. And we're not allowed to level another job because you don't want to level or gear it up?

That really limits what we can choose from, given the 2 jobs you seem to be focused on.

But if your account was in my hands... I'd use it to *** around in delve, high tier battlefields, or standing around in WKR.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-25 12:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know about you, but if I was thinking to return, my plan would surely finishing VW (I think Im in the end of Jeuno), finishing the trials of Koga, then doing the Rhapsodies storyline to finish it.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Gays Fates

Lol so wrong but so funny.
By Luminohelix 2015-07-25 12:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »

I would have fun, after all you're playing the best game ever ^-^.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-25 13:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

pimp your moghouse out. First and second floor. Don't just toss random crap in it to fill the void. Actually design different areas.
By cervelo84 2015-07-25 13:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ok yea I was thinking about high tier fights, I did gessho on easy before my break and got the bird mask :D It is fun doing content that was done previously by a party of 6 with trusts. The new content I will have to look into. I heard Escea (sp) was boring and no good for job points (cp) and very very crowded. So when I saw that released I was not interested in returning. also the gear from it wasn't better then taeon gear.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-25 15:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Find your true love, with whom a chance encounter will happen for you in an obscure zone like Promyvion - Dem or whatever.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-25 16:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha was terrible upon release but SE deserves credit for improving it, and quickly at that too. It's still not fun (TO ME), but at least it isn't annoying to farm silt anymore.

As far as what you can do, the biggest thing you can do for yourself is find like minded people. I keep reading about people being fed up with this or that, in relation to content and/or strats when the simple answer is finding people who share the same point of view or are at least open minded. Did vidala recently 5 or 6 times as blu (me) mnk smn blm and won everytime. It wasnt the best setup but we all found it enjoyable and 2 vests dropped... yay lol. Also did some shark delve as blux2 bstx2 smnx1 and that was a blast. We didnt clear it in 10-15 minutes and didnt care either.

Im not saying that people who do endgame only and stick to the most efficient strats are wrong. We are different people and that is what they find enjoyable so Im happy for them. But it sounds like you have 2 jobs you care about, likely because you enjoy playing them, so Id suggest finding a group of people who either share that view or at least accept it, or else you won't get to do much in today's (end)game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.