Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » EU LS
EU LS
By Gestalt 2015-07-23 07:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any EU linkshells on FFXI still? and if so where? and are they accepting members?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-23 07:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has at least one, The Last of Us (TLOU).
Not sure if we're accepting members, kinda depends on your job selection and you leaving a good impression or not in your application (they get voted by members, so in the end all that matters is making a good application I suppose).

Can hit up me, Czephiroth or Tymoris in-game if you want further information.

Despite TLOU being a LS with a pretty nice, relaxed and social atmosphere, we are not a social LS, as anachronsitic as that may sound these days.

From your job list I see you have BLM, RDM and GEO. We used these jobs often lately, if they are decently geared up and you are a good player (multiple sets for multiple purposes/situations etc) that's a good point to start with.
You also have some DDs but these days we rarely use DDs or RNGs (which we used a lot during the DM2 and Delve2 era).
You having PLD doesn't hurt either (altough we already have multiple PLD with the best possible gear)
3songs BRD doesn't hurt either and if your BST is up to date that could be used as well, especially in Escha.
By Gestalt 2015-07-23 07:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I C. seems kind of serious :P.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-23 07:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's a social atmosphere with mostly friends who want to enjoy their time together and joke on TS while they're doing it.
...more often than not joking a bit too much and getting distracted >.>'''

It's not a military regime where people shoot you if you do a mistake.
At the same time though when it's time to get things done, we like to get as much serious as possible, without stepping into the opposite direction. (making things too serious/hardcore)

6 years ago a LS like ours would've been defined softcore or midcore compared to the standards back then.
These days, when people hardly even have LSs with organized event, I can see how our structure may rightfully seem anachronistic and "hardcore".

If you were looking for an EU social shell to have someone to talk with then we're probably not the right choice (we have 3 events a week and it's mandatory to attend if you're online, for instance)
By Zubis 2015-07-23 07:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura has at least one, The Last of Us (TLOU).
Not sure if we're accepting members, kinda depends on your job selection and you leaving a good impression or not in your application (they get voted by members, so in the end all that matters is making a good application I suppose).

Can hit up me, Czephiroth or Tymoris in-game if you want further information.

Despite TLOU being a LS with a pretty nice, relaxed and social atmosphere, we are not a social LS, as anachronsitic as that may sound these days.

From your job list I see you have BLM, RDM and GEO. We used these jobs often lately, if they are decently geared up and you are a good player (multiple sets for multiple purposes/situations etc) that's a good point to start with.
You also have some DDs but these days we rarely use DDs or RNGs (which we used a lot during the DM2 and Delve2 era).
You having PLD doesn't hurt either (altough we already have multiple PLD with the best possible gear)
3songs BRD doesn't hurt either and if your BST is up to date that could be used as well, especially in Escha.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-23 07:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was 2005!
By Gestalt 2015-07-23 08:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol seems like an oldskool LS.
well i like to do events and get things done too. but I guess what is annoying is having he correct jobs.

E.G i am supposing the attitude is that if you don't have the correct jobs you don't get in etc. it isn't the more the merrier kind of thing :P.

im shocked as i logged on as there is only 800 people on the server. i would of thought it would be the best intention to keep all players together while this game dies =/
By Gestalt 2015-07-23 08:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL @ Zubis
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-23 08:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is one of the servers with the highest populations, but alas numbers are dwindling on asura as well as of late.

Having at least a couple of useful* jobs is kinda necessary to get in. All of our members have multiple ones, altough some of them (like me!) are tipically always stuck on the same one because no other members have those jobs to high enough level of proficiency.

Lately we hardly use physical DDs. The content we do most these days is Vagary and Escha, with some very rare Delve/DM2 runs every now and then to break the boredom. When we do Delve/DM2 pretty much any job works of course.
But for Vaginary we tipically deploy 1 tank, 1 SAM, and plentiful different mage jobs + support.
In Escha it's usually the same, but we add BST in the bunch as well, and other pet jobs sometimes.

Mentioned jobs that you have that would be useful to us in my first post, but of course I have no clue if you have them levelled up and/or if you still like playin those jobs.
A certain degree of flexibility is absolutely necessary though, that's for sure. It's unfair to always have the same people stuck on the same job, and to allow for efficient rotations of jobs we need flexibility from all our members.
By Gestalt 2015-07-23 08:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

IC. That sounds reasonable. TBH, i only have PLD and RNG that are decently geared but i guess they are not used much these days.

this game kinda sucks now for returning EU players that need to get up to speed with more recent content. Doesn't seem to be a place for them. i have done all delve. i dont even know what Escha is lol. havent played for a year.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-23 08:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha is SE's attempt to create Abyssea v2, but they kinda failed since hardly anyone is bothering with doing it.
Imho with good reasons, there's several flaws in the content.
Vagary is SoA's final Endgame zone/content.

Not much use for RNG these days yeah (in the past we used them a lot). PLD still get used in the majority of group content.
 Bahamut.Sinnerfay
Server: Bahamut
user: faythless
By Bahamut.Sinnerfay 2015-07-23 09:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha is just abyssea v2 lol
and to be fair i'm having the same issues on Bahamut, most of the shells are EST or PST having to stay up till 2~4am is a pain and thats just normal stuffs. I hope you find a good shell and also enjoy coming back to Vana'diel
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-23 09:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really hoping that Escha is Abyssea v2 in the sense that the second installment is what makes it fun and interesting.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-07-23 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Escha is SE's attempt to create Abyssea v2, but they kinda failed since hardly anyone is bothering with doing it.
Imho with good reasons, there's several flaws in the content.
Vagary is SoA's final Endgame zone/content.

Not much use for RNG these days yeah (in the past we used them a lot). PLD still get used in the majority of group content.

I've been doing rng strat for escha t3/helm nm's lately just to switch it up a bit. Got tired of nuking ; ;
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-23 12:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gestalt said: »

E.G i am supposing the attitude is that if you don't have the correct jobs you don't get in etc. it isn't the more the merrier kind of thing :P.

The more the merrier is actually not the way the game is designed now. Almost everything is done low man, and not with alliances anymore. Even Escha the NM scale the more you bring so its easier to bring less people. That being said we are really the only EU LS on Asura that still does events regularly (3x a week scheduled events). I am sure there might be one or two other EU LS's that do stuff on a non regular basis, but most are just social.

I totally understand your frustration for not finding a EU LS for returning players. I actually have a lot of applicants saying to me that there is really a lack of EU LS's that still do anything on ffxi, and I have people that change server to come to Asura because of it. I think with the state of the game people just do not feel like running event shells, so they are dwindling. Even on Asura other event shells (non EU) have stopped doing events, and turned social, so the amount of event shells still existing is dwindling.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a linkshell.
By Gestalt 2015-07-30 10:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, i may just force myself to play ff14. then hopefully ill end up liking it ;p.

meh i dunno it seems really bleak =/
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-30 13:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »

The more the merrier is actually not the way the game is designed now. Almost everything is done low man, and not with alliances anymore. Even Escha the NM scale the more you bring so its easier to bring less people. That being said we are really the only EU LS on Asura that still does events regularly (3x a week scheduled events). I am sure there might be one or two other EU LS's that do stuff on a non regular basis, but most are just social.

I totally understand your frustration for not finding a EU LS for returning players. I actually have a lot of applicants saying to me that there is really a lack of EU LS's that still do anything on ffxi, and I have people that change server to come to Asura because of it. I think with the state of the game people just do not feel like running event shells, so they are dwindling. Even on Asura other event shells (non EU) have stopped doing events, and turned social, so the amount of event shells still existing is dwindling.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a linkshell.
I`m in an EU event linkshell, we do events 4 times a week. We`ve lost a lot of members over the past 12 months due to them quitting, gone from around 20 people down to like 8-10 most days. Sometimes we shout to fill spots if we wanna do T1-3 Vagary but mostly we stick to lowman stuff like Escha or battlefields.
By Draylo 2015-07-30 13:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, i may just force myself to play ff14. then hopefully ill end up liking it ;p.

meh i dunno it seems really bleak =/

All you really need is 6 people to do anything these days, its just finding them. I can't imagine it being that hard with how many people two+ box these days... Don't bother forcing yourself to like something, wait until they actual make it worth liking for you to pay for it man.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alibeemac
Server: Bahamut
user: Alibeemac
By Bahamut.Alibeemac 2015-07-30 13:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Our LS on Bahamut is EU time. A mix of EU and NA players. We run lower man events Wed/Fri and on Sat/Sun we do larger number stuffs such as Vagary, higher tier Escha etc. We don't have an application process as such, generally give out pearls via recommendations from existing members but will occasionally give out pearls to people who we speak to and have a good selection of jobs. Pretty much anyone nowadays would need a good mage job given the content currently.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-08-05 08:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I try and organise events around 8:30pm (UK GMT), Asura server. High Tier Battles, Vagary and Escha (personally not that into Escha, but some in LS are). Anyone ok with this playtime and want a relaxed LS /tell me in game.

GardenofEden has players from NA and EU/UK, but from a selfish PoV, I want to do events that fit my British play times, of course during weekends both NA and EU/UK players can cooperate since event and play times can be much more flexible. Some NA players also have EU play times due to real life working hours.

The player base is dwindling. Whilst more isn't merrier, if it saves me yelling for xyz jobs and the playtime fits you why not join me and save me yelling?! Events like Unity Concord need 3 ppl min. to just pop.... this is a lame barrier and another person in LS may prove to be a helping hand. I always help when I can and hope others can reciprocate.

Masrur.