Experience Camps 75-99?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Experience Camps 75-99?
Experience Camps 75-99?
 Cerberus.Badrok
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: bbentz
By Cerberus.Badrok 2015-07-22 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I have had a blast leveling from 1-75 with trusts at old school camps, but we're not sure where to go 75-99. I have not been able to find a guide or much info. We both want to stay outside of abyssea.

1-75 we've been using campsitarus.

Looking at individual training regimes, and using New Level 75+ Enemies I compiled these locations, which give the mob level. Job level should be 7-10 levels below the mob level shown for optimal leveling, and the mob should check as Incredibly Tough or Very Tough.

70-74: Labyrinth of Onzozo - Torama and Labyrinth Manticore
73-76: Gustav Tunnel - Doom Warlocks and Demonic Pugils
74-78: The Boyahda Tree - Boyahda Saplings and Bark Tarantulas
75-80: The Shrine of Ru'Avitau - Aura Pots
75-80: Gustav Tunnel - Doom Guards, Antares, and Typhoon Wyverns
75-80: Zeruhn Mines - Colliery Bats, Soot Crabs, Burrower Worms, and Veindigger Leeches
77-80: Kuftal Tunnel - Ovinniks and Greater Cockatrice
77-82: The Shrine of Ru'Avitau - Aura Butler
78-82: Inner Horutoto Ruins - Troika Bats, Goblin Trailblazers, Deathwatch Beetles, and Goblin Fleshers
79-81: Caedarva Mire - Heraldic Imp
79-82: The Shrine of Ru'Avitau - Aura Weapon
81-84: The Shrine of Ru'Avitau - Aura Statue
81-82: Bhaflau Thickets - Greater Colibri
81-85: Outer Horutoto Ruins - Fetor Bats, Thorn Bats, and Fuligo
83-84: Misareaux Coast - Seaboard Vulture
83-85: Maze of Shakhrami - Chaser Bats and Bleeder Leech
86-88: Maze of Shakhrami - Warren Bat and Crypterpillar
85-89: Gusgen Mines - Madfly and Accursed Sorcerers
86-90: Dangruf Wadi - Fume Lizards, Goblin Brigands, Goblin Headsman, and Goblin Healers
87-89: Caedarva Mire - Slough Skua
87-91: Korroloka Tunnel - Lacerators and Spool Leeches
91-93: Crawler's Nest - King Crawlers and Vespos
93-96: Crawler's Nest - Dancing Jewels and Olid Funguars
91-96: Garlaige Citadel - Donjon Bats, Fortalice Bats, Warden Beetles, and Kabooms
93-94: Vunkerl Inlet (S) - Duriumshell
94-97: Bostaunieux Oubliette - Dabillas and Panna Cotta
95-98: Toraimarai Canal - Starborers, Deviling Bats, Plunderer Crabs, Blackwater Pugils, Sodden Bones, and Drowned Bones
94-99: Toraimarai Canal - Flume Toads and Poroggo Excavators
95-98: Labyrinth of Onzozo - Babaulas and Boribaba
95-99: Bostaunieux Oubliette - Blind Bats and Wurdalaks
95-99: Fei'Yin - Balayang, Wekufes, and Sentient Carafes
99-103: Kuftal Tunnel - Kuftal Delvers and Machairoduss
100: Ceizak Battlegrounds - Blanched Mandragora

Any suggestions or additions would be appreciated. I'd like to generate an efficient road map with the "best" mobs that don't have crappy TP moves and zones that are easiest to get to.

Suggested camps by JOB levels:

75-80: Caedarva Mire - Heraldic Imp
75-80: Bhaflau Thickets - Greater Colibri
75-80: Outer Horutoto Ruins - Fetor Bats and Thorn Bats
81-85: Caedarva Mire - Slough Skua
81-85: Korroloka Tunnel - Lacerators and Spool Leeches
81-85: Maze of Shakhrami - Warren Bat and Crypterpillar
82-87: Vunkerl Inlet (S) - Duriumshell
80-91: Garlaige Citadel - Donjon Bats, Fortalice Bats, Warden Beetles, and Kabooms
89-94: Toraimarai Canal - Starborers and Blackwater Pugils
91-96: Fei'Yin - Balayang, Wekufes, and Sentient Carafes
95-99: Kuftal Tunnel - Kuftal Delvers and Machairoduss
91-99: Ceizak Battlegrounds - Blanched Mandragora

75-99: Escha - Zi'Tah - Various mobs
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-22 14:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You're missing new enemies in the Boyahda Tree, Misareaux Coast, and a few other areas.

And no, I don't mean Abyssea- Misareaux.

Should also be some bats, beetles, and magic pots in Garlaige Citadel. Also, there should still be some viable experience camps in The Shrine of Ru'Avitau until level 80 with Grounds of Valor bonuses, killing either Weapons or Golems.

Gustav Tunnel has some higher level mobs that will do until about level 91-96.
[+]
 Cerberus.Badrok
By Cerberus.Badrok 2015-07-22 14:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'll add these to the list.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-07-22 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Korroloka Tunnel has a GoV page with some high 80s-low 90s mobs that makes a pretty good camp for the mid to upper 80s.

Ceizak mandies aren't a terrible option for the last few levels. Minimal running around, squishy, Ionis bonuses, etc.
[+]
 wup
By wup 2015-07-22 15:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

75-80 heraldic imps are very fast xp with trusts. Slough skua outside west exit from nashmau are fun after that, they are 88-90.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-22 15:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I did greater colibri camp until about 80 or so and went to garlaige citadel after. 80 was a bit early for there so it started slow but i prefer to keep mobs in the IT range and work em down to T/EM for less travel. I tend to stay there until about 91 then move to mandies in Ceizek, they hit weak and are nice xp even at 91. This was the path I used to get my last 3 jobs to 99 and it wasnt bad at all and I was solo with trusts. With 2, it should be even easier.

Side note, those "target lvls" for GoV are not ideal lvls for getting xp. They are the lvl ranges of the mobs listed on that page. So for GC 91-96, that would be the bats/bombs lvl range so you actually want to go there about 7-10 lvls below that for optimal xp. Something like 83 would be pefect and as I said above, I went as early as 80 and just stuck to bats until I was high enough for bombs/beetles too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-22 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Another alternative is Labyrinth of Onzozo.
There's a GoV page where you kill manticore and coeurl.
You can do this from level 72ish till 85 or so (when monsters hit Easy Prey). You can technically hit 99 on this page, but if you also want to work on skills it's best to move around level 84 or 85.
There are two snags with this method though:

1) Narasimha (Manticore) NM tends to mess up you reaching enough monsters to keep the exp flow going. But on the other hand, you can kill it with a decent party of level 76+. Just make sure you have a shadow tank for his nasty Deadly Hold.

2) Literally every single enemy agroes; even the easy prey goblins around your targets.

You can complete these RoE's whilst doing the GoV page:

- Wind Crystals
- Lightning Crystals
- Breeze Geode
- Aqua Geode
- Labyrinth of Onzozo kills (700 exp!)

Wind and water weather are very common, so those geode RoE's complete fairly quickly.

All-in-all, I love this camp to death and if you want to try something different I really recommend going to Onzozo.

The camp I mentioned is on the first map; there's a GoV book right between some Torama (Coeurl) and a room filled with Sea Monks and Goblins. I don't have the exact positions for you, but it's not very hard to find.
 Cerberus.Badrok
By Cerberus.Badrok 2015-07-22 18:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll add them all to the list. I'll add a note about the target levels, and add mobs above 99.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2015-07-22 18:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

if I'm not mistaken, escha-zi'tah should be especially good since clearing rhapsodies missions will result in double exp in the zone
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-07-22 20:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Esha-zitah
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-07-22 21:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a beetle/pugil camp in toraimarai you can do from around 89-94 or so in the big room at around J-8 in map 2. Pretty much need the back door access from windurst walls for it though.

Also, kuftal tiger/worms past the disappearing rock for 95-99, used that before I installed adoulin. Tigers can be dangerous at 95 but not too bad.
By cervelo84 2015-07-25 13:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

it's interesting how people gravitate toward old content even though endgame is where the game truly opens up. I recently returned to World of Warcraft and instead of playing my max level character I started a new character and was enjoying it immensely.
By Quizno 2015-07-25 14:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The journey has always been more fun than the destination.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-07-25 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

93-94 Vunkerl Inlet (S) @ H-7. There are many Duriumshell crabs that don't aggro or link, and well, they are crabs, so their TP moves are easy to handle
[+]