Fire In The Hole(WotG) Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fire in the Hole(WotG) Help?
Fire in the Hole(WotG) Help?
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2015-07-21 11:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured most content at ilvl would be easy enough, but this NPC has paper level defenses and even with constant healing, she turns into dust fast.

Any advice on how to approach this mission?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-21 11:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done that quest personally, but it sounds like you'd need to be able to AoE the mobs quickly, without having to build up TP first.

It doesn't look like you have any 99 jobs that can do that, so I'd say your best bet is to finish getting your BST to 99, and use the Chapuli pet. You can probably get by with the NQ version.

Tegmina Buffet FTW.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-07-22 10:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rabbit would make a better pet imo. Because it's potent AOE Whirl Claw only uses up one charge. Unlike Tegmina Buffet which is a 2 charge move so you would be waiting for the recharge all the time on those waves of mobs.
Whirl Claw would be a few second wait at a push if you had to deploy it 3 times in a row for some reason.

Not saying the Chapuli pet isn't awesome btw. With Unleash in effect Tegmina Buffet can rip apart any reive in Adoulin in 20 seconds or so. Which is what I tended to save Unleash for if I needed to traverse the odd zone.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-07-22 11:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You could probably even go drk or pld and sub blm and just do -ga spells on the mobs. Drk would have less macc issues, but assuming you have a high ilvl weapon with macc skill on it, macc shouldn't be a very big issue even on pld/blm. One big advantage that pld will have over drk is the ability to throw a cure out on the npc if they do take a hit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-07-22 11:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Having done this on a mule recently, I can definitely say Rabbit and Whirl Claw is the way to go. One-shots all the Quadavs every time. Even with that, though, it can be tough. The quadavs may well land some hits on her. I did it as RUN/WHM with my BST friend taking out the Quadavs as quick as possible, but I still had to burn through all my MP on cures and she barely lived.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-07-22 13:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU and BLM are really good for this. I tried to solo it on my alt's DRK and failed. My wife brought her BLU along and it was dog-easy.