Thinking Of Returning To XI - 2+ Yrs Away!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thinking of returning to XI - 2+ yrs away!
Thinking of returning to XI - 2+ yrs away!
First Page 2 3 4
 Fenrir.Badda
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Badda
By Fenrir.Badda 2015-07-18 19:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup guys - is it worth returning to XI?
How is the content progressed since TOAU?
Is jeuno still where the main actions at?!

Any feedback would be appreciated - tia!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-18 19:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh no to all.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-18 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Badda said: »

Any feedback would be appreciated - tia!
Depends what one considers "worth." I enjoy the game to a certain degree and have a lot of content to finish still (I'm a slacker), if you have a lot done or don't enjoy it then I guess not.

If by "content progressed" you mean end game events? idk, I barely touch what's popular, however there's a lot of things to do if that's when you stopped.

No.
By Draylo 2015-07-18 19:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-18 20:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The content has changed a lot in two years. I think you've missed several tiers of skirmishes, incursion, vagary, high tier battlefields, and now escha nms. There's plenty to do but the challenge is finding people to do it with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-18 20:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure most of the EU community is gone on Fenrir so you'd probably have to go elsewhere
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-07-18 20:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed that for you.

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
I'm pretty sure most of the EU community is gone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-07-18 20:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I think this is better.

I'm pretty sure most of the community is gone.
[+]
By Elazar1 2015-07-18 21:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Game honestly is boring now, no real events left anymore, and the ones that are still about you need people and all servers are dead.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-07-18 21:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
Game honestly is boring now, no real events left anymore, and the ones that are still about you need people and all servers are dead.
Going to have to dissagree here, game has seen tons of qol improvements and has lots of stuff to do. It's true that people don't network like we used to, so game's not so social as it used to. Whether it's your cup of tea so to speak it's you to decide.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-18 21:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

...so literally every event ever?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-18 21:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah there's no real events.

Useful items from Delve, Vagary and Merit Fights and Wanted fights.

Skirmish is still a massive time sync because they augmented armour is so useful yet of course random augments.

Escha is kicking off, while it hasn't captivated everyone, has useful items and more is coming in August

Not to mention if you feel like it most pre-ilvl content is soloable if there are those few things you still need from them.

But keep going on about how there are no events.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-18 21:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has transitioned from alliance content to 6-man or less. You're not going to have the huge shells anymore, packed to the brim with people and bringing everybody along for a fight. But if you find a group of friends, you'll have a very enjoyable experience. There is a metric ton of content to complete. It may not all be to your liking, but the amount of stuff to do is staggering.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-07-18 22:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Sorry, I think this is better.

I'm pretty sure most of the community is gone.

How funny and original.
[+]
By Yomi 2015-07-18 22:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I will join you on your return i'm looking to re-roll and have no friends :D
By Elazar1 2015-07-19 00:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Skirmish is still a massive time sync because they augmented armour is so useful yet of course random augments.

Escha is kicking off, while it hasn't captivated everyone, has useful items and more is coming in August

Not to mention if you feel like it most pre-ilvl content is soloable if there are those few things you still need from them.

And yet we can get all items in a day with ease, bar lame drop on vag body, all else is a joke to 3 man on hard. so once you have all merit items which takes so long what next? BCNMS are dead now over here>
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-19 00:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see you get all items you need in a day. For one example we popped 6 cunnast and 3 vidala tonight. We wanted willpower grip and pursuer's pants. We went 1/6 and 0/3.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-07-19 00:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like BS getting all items in one day. If you gear multiple jobs thats impossible, if you have one job only that you want to play that is still impossible pretty much.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2015-07-19 02:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the question "is it worth returning to XI". Nobody here can say if it's going to be worth it for you, the only way to find out is to resubscribe and try it out.
[+]
 Asura.Asclepieia
user: Supa
By Asura.Asclepieia 2015-07-19 02:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Badda said: »

Any feedback would be appreciated - tia

Badda. Its been too long, stop stalling and get back
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-07-19 03:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can say is come back now while it's still hoppin as this is the last year for anything really major. But as Tamoa said, just resubscribe and find out for yourself if returning is for you.
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-19 05:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I took 5 years off and when I came back it wasn't even my toon I came back to. No 99's, no af,no relic,no ws's lol.. Just no. IMO, it's been worth it.

If you've been gone too long, simply just pretend it's 2005 again ;p But it wouldn't killya to spend 12$ for a month to make an opinion. There will be plenty for you to do (catching up wise).
[+]
 Asura.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2015-07-19 05:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

jeuno currently houses the surviving people of Vana'diel after the apocalypse yeah, but soon apocalypse #2 will occur. You should put that into consideration, before you start your big game of catch up.

You'll have a lot to do anyways, but like others have said, only you can decide if it's worth it for yourself.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-07-19 05:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

And yet we can get all items in a day with ease, bar lame drop on vag body, all else is a joke to 3 man on hard. so once you have all merit items which takes so long what next? BCNMS are dead now over here>

Yeahh.. who in their right mind would spend the time in one day just to clear all the mission content necessary to do all the HT fights. Or you talking from the perspective of buying a pre-grinded trash account? lol

edit: or having an old partially grinded account I suppose too.
By Nyruul 2015-07-19 05:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the topic. If you haven't played in 2+ years and have the time to now. Yes it is totally worth it, even if just for the nostalgia. Also who knows how long this game lasts after ps2/360 support is dropped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-19 05:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Also who knows how long this game last

November
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-07-19 05:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Nyruul said: »
Also who knows how long this game last

November

Always the insightful one.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-07-19 05:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you mean by "last". Content ends in November. Will inevitably be a steady decrease in subscribers from around December/January on. Maybe a small resurgence here and there for campaigns and other things, maybe a spike when the mobile version releases... but a steady decrease nonetheless.

The question is when does it become too low a number for SE to keep the servers going, or when does the business model change to try to bring people back in.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-19 05:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you play during EU prime times, as your flag would lead to suggest, you might as well be playing a single player game.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4