New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza sales 2011 vs 2013 vs 2015
Mog Bonanza sales 2011 vs 2013 vs 2015
First Page 2
By Zubis 2015-07-17 13:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://web.archive.org/web/20110314151512/http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/guide/mogbon/index.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20120504021000/http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/guide/mogbon/index.html
http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/guide/mogbon/index.html

2011 Total marbles sold: 3,229,335
2013 Total marbles sold: 3,842,120
2015 Total marbles sold: 890,853

Harsh drop. Think we'll get any more after this year?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-17 13:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Likely, since it literally costs them nothing to run. The code's already written.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-17 16:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do one where everyone wins and be done with it, game is done soon anyways, might as well go out with one final bonanza where people actually win
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 16:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gobbie giveaway was so much better than Bonanza. They should redo that one.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-07-17 16:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

there is also less ppl playing. And the rewards dont mean as much as they once did. So its not surprising.
By Zackan 2015-07-17 17:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Do one where everyone wins and be done with it, game is done soon anyways, might as well go out with one final bonanza where people actually win

maybe not to that extent.. but they can make it easier..

say make it 4 numbers instead of 5 for 1st place
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-17 17:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »

maybe not to that extent.. but they can make it easier..

say make it 4 numbers instead of 5 for 1st place

ehhhh, who cares at that point, just go nuts, rank1 x10 for all
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-07-17 17:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Could also stop rigging it and legitimely random the numbers?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2015-07-17 18:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you were 1 of the few unluckys that didn't get anything from Gobbie Givaway.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-17 18:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Even then chance of winning was much higher. A lot more people were satisfied, while bonanza is a massive ragefest at moogle balls.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-17 19:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It was done because Bonanza was illegal. They went back to Bonanza when they were done changing the ToS so that it would be legal.

They could easily do the Gobbie Giveaway again but it doesn't require the same manpower and cost as Bonanza does.

What they should actually do is make Bonanza match the low population, on top of other tweaks (such as updating the item list and various ratios). The Gobbie Giveaway costs way too much to organize in comparison, it's not worth it seeing the state of the game.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-07-17 21:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather see them do more/better Mog Pells, and/or just keep the HQ results from the Goblin crates going. The latter has a better chance of something good, every day, and doesn't take 10 inventory for a month.

If it's a subscription thing, hand out mog kupons based on total months subscribed, consecutive months, etc. Something like that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Teumessianfox 2015-07-17 23:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly didn't play at first because its an utter waste of time...until I found out that my wife logged on my character and a mule to get the marbles. She redeemed them on both character. I asked what she won on both character and she didnt get anything. Again, a complete utter waste of time (and inventory, and gil).
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-17 23:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
It was done because Bonanza was illegal. They went back to Bonanza when they were done changing the ToS so that it would be legal.

They could easily do the Gobbie Giveaway again but it doesn't require the same manpower and cost as Bonanza does.

What they should actually do is make Bonanza match the low population, on top of other tweaks (such as updating the item list and various ratios). The Gobbie Giveaway costs way too much to organize in comparison, it's not worth it seeing the state of the game.

wth? how was it illegal? I don't remember this

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-07-18 00:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i play everyday on 4 accs and just didnt care to buy them.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-07-18 02:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Laws in some places do not allow that type of reward contest without a skill testing question, so by just directly giving it to you, they were breaking the law.

So they added a question online for you to answer if you lived in those areas
I understand Japan's laws against gambling and how they apply to the *** roulette of virtually every app game. I approve of them. But the act of just giving people things being illegal? Especially virtual items? That's nonsense.

Note, I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think that whatever justification for it is probably meaningless.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-18 08:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

wth? how was it illegal? I don't remember this
It was a contest following the same rules everywhere in the world. Laws are different from a country to another, and some of the countries who were part of the contest (the USA and Japan mainly) had laws against online games such as Bonanza.

This is why they had to come up with a replacement that had different rules depending on region and would also separate regions.

I don't remember the deeper details but I do remember that the legal department said it couldn't be changed at all in the case of USA and that given the nature of the game, it wasn't possible to hold a Bonanza for EU/Japan or even USA/Japan or even each regions separated, so Bonanza had to be stopped.
To make up for this, and after months of pushing the project, they made the Gobbie Giveaway which followed their previous contests' rules (and other forums, it's an idea from a French forum originally).

They rewrote the rules, made sure to respect the law in each region and once the budget was approved, they went with it (June for a reason).

I remember a talk about either not doing any contest ever again as the Giveaway was a one time thing and Bonanza had law issues. I don't remember if it was made public or not, I was already working for them for years.

Much later (I think it took over a year in total, close to 2), legal managed to finally reach something that wasn't illegal in the US and Japan. This is when Bonanza came back (soon after) with a new set of rules that were legal everywhere.

Every single Bonanza before that was illegal and while I'm not sure if you can retroactively sue them for the law hole nowadays, people threatened to do so during the last Bonanza before the Giveaway, which led to the situation I explained above.
Otherwise, they would have continued with the same illegal formula.

A lot of company do that, it's pretty "normal" and "expected". Between the fact that legal departments are most of the time not consulted properly (which is why Bonanza didn't align itself between the laws of each countries) and the fact that there are things that are forced as long as nobody complains about them (I've seen so many illegal activity when it comes to working hours that it's difficult to believe it's not like this everywhere, or SE are especially lax).

I seriously thought it had been discussed by Reps back when the issue arose. I may be wrong and I'm not gonna check the forums to find out, but I was sure Camate discussed about it clearly.
By fonewear 2015-07-18 08:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »

Will you still be playing the game after this year ?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-18 09:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Senkuutai I remember that as well. For some reason I'm recalling the affected countries as japan & canada, but that was a long time ago.
By fonewear 2015-07-18 09:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if there is a guy in Port Jeuno holding a sign saying "The end is near abandon hope" !
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-18 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Senkuutai I remember that as well. For some reason I'm recalling the affected countries as japan & canada, but that was a long time ago.
It was in 2011/2012 I believe, it was a long time ago yes, so long ago that I can barely remember the 2 people involved in this issue in my department.

Was it Canada? Canada and USA are linked in NA, so it may very well be Canada.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-18 09:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was, but if you worked for them your memory might be more accurate, idk.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2015-07-18 09:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst thing about the bonanza was the constant inv-10...
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-18 09:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I thought it was, but if you worked for them your memory might be more accurate, idk.
I wasn't playing FFXI anymore and didn't take part in the Giveaway, so I had completely forgot about it until reading about it in this thread.
The problem wasn't with my region also, we had less pressure in EU about it, it was just a big "wait for Japan/NA to sort their ***out".

I'm pretty sure the whole issue happened around the Tohoku earthquake, too, at which point we were unable to work at all.

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
The worst thing about the bonanza was the constant inv-10...
I was gonna suggest to make them into key items but they'd have to make as many key items as there are combinations.

That or rework their key items.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-18 12:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'm wondering if there is a guy in Port Jeuno holding a sign saying "The end is near abandon hope" !

Probably its a Trust.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2