Which Server Should One Go To? Poll!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which server should one go to? Poll!
Which server should one go to? Poll!
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2015-07-16 20:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Poll

Poll Results

FFXI Server Data Comparison

A lot of the servers in ffxi are dwindling. Economies are crashing, and most of the population are RMTs and afk bazaar mules.

What we need to do as a community to salvage the last bit of fun in this game, for some of us, is pick a server with a good healthy population, community, and economy, and move there to stimulate said server. Leave the dead and dying servers behind and merge ourselves together.

This isnt something to do today, or next week, or maybe even this month.

First we need data, and we need everyone to genuinly vote on what server is best to go to.

What I would like from volunteers on various servers is the following data, please aim to get the data during Prime time (around 7-9 PM PST) on a Saturday night.

The list is as follows:

A /sea all count, total server population logged in during saturday night.

A /sea count of your servers respective bazaar zone (typically Upper Jeuno from what I see, though adoulin is becoming the new go to spot)

Ill update here with said data. Once I collect it all Ill also organize it into nice little.

Servers I need data from still:
Asura
Shiva
Phoenix
Carbuncle
Fenrir
Sylph
Valefor
Leviathan
Odin
Siren
Ragnarok
Cerberus
Bismarck
Lakshmi

All in all it currently looks like Odin, Bahamut, and Asura are the best servers.

Why should we merge ourselves?

SE has pretty much stated they have no intention of doing a server merge for us any time soon. For a lot of our current servers we are dying. Like snow being spread out across the lawn, populations decline exponentially. Merging together extends the longevity of the community, like how the clumps of snow on your yard are the last to melt.

Second, this is our way of throwing money at SE. If your interested in extending the lifespan of the ffxi servers as much as possible, this is one of the best ways we can send the message to SE that we want ffxi to keep living for just a tinsy bit longer.

But, most importantly:

Larger server populations have a LOT of pluses for us as players. First and foremost, finding help for runs and PUGs becomes a LOT easier when there are more people online, of course.

Second, economies will be invigorated. As it stands it is exceptionally hard to finish an empy weapon because a lot of servers barely have any HMPs at all. Merging ourselves together clumps that up and makes it possible to actually make an Empy again.

Third, there will be more competition amongst us sellers, but balanced out by more demand. This means prices wont change terribly, but everything will just sell faster. Less time sitting 7/7 on the AH and afk in bazaar areas, more time actually farming!

The list goes on and on but these are the big ones. There are very little downsides to us merging together.

I think this is the best option for the little servers that are dying off.

The best part? If you don't like the idea, just dont participate and stay on your server. But anyone who is tired of being on a dead server, having to shout for an hour just to scrounge up 2 bodies to pop an escha nm, looking for items on the AH and seeing its empty, and being unable to sell items on the AH because no one is around to buy them...

Then this is our best bet to keep enjoying the game, even for just a little bit.

Will this completely save FFXI? Nope, probably not. Will it maybe buy us another several months of enjoyment? Definitely.

Final note: Not everyone needs to change servers. SOME of us want to though. This collected data will be the tool for said players to use to choose where they want to go.
 Asura.Mrxdemix
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mrxdemix
By Asura.Mrxdemix 2015-07-23 19:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I voted Asura since it's been a great experience for me so far.