Keeping The Animikii Bullet.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Keeping the Animikii Bullet.
Keeping the Animikii Bullet.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-02 12:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got advice on this several times, but every time I end up shooting this bullet away by accident. I'm told that server lag means there is always a chance it will be shot, especially if I don't use scripts and only use the in-game macros.

I have shot this thing three times before, and even had a GM give me one back the first time it happened. I have tried all sorts to make sure this bullet never leaves my inventory and only works on Quick Draw .. but somehow I always lose it. I would like to know if any other Corsairs have been able to keep this bullet and which macros you used. Thanks for any advice. I don't want to do Marjami Wildskeeper ever again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-02 12:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So I got advice on this several times, but every time I end up shooting this bullet away by accident. I'm told that server lag means there is always a chance it will be shot, especially if I don't use scripts and only use the in-game macros.

I have shot this thing three times before, and even had a GM give me one back the first time it happened. I have tried all sorts to make sure this bullet never leaves my inventory and only works on Quick Draw .. but somehow I always lose it. I would like to know if any other Corsairs have been able to keep this bullet and which macros you used. Thanks for any advice. I don't want to do Marjami Wildskeeper ever again.

Ah, the days of losing these while on RNG.

[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-02 13:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always add a line to your shooting macro to remove whatever is in the ammo slot, BEFORE the line that equips the ammo you want.

That way, if the game derps and tries to shoot before equiping the correct ammo, there won't be anything in the slot to lose.

I do this on BST to ensure I don't lose any of the more expensive jugpets that I normally reserve for Bestial Loyalty.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-02 13:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Could always add a line to your shooting macro to remove whatever is in the ammo slot, BEFORE the line that equips the ammo you want.

That way, if the game derps and tries to shoot before equiping the correct ammo, there won't be anything in the slot to lose.

I do this on BST to ensure I don't lose any of the more expensive jugpets.

I always use /equip ammo (that was the first thing suggested to me) but it still gets lost somehow. I would need examples of people's macros. I've had examples before... but it would still get lost randomly. I could go months with the bullet, then suddenly I lag out in delve or something and it's lost. I'll give my own macros in a few minutes ..
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-02 13:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So some examples.

Weaponskills

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/equipset ##
/wait 1
/ws "Wildfire" <t>

Ranged attack (w/ snapshot)

/equip ammo
/equipset ## (snapshot)
/wait 1
/ra <t>
/wait 1
/equipset ## (rangedacc)

Quick Draw

/equip ammo
/equipset ##
/wait 1
/ja "Fire Shot" <t>

Even with those macros I was still able to shoot the bullet somehow. Normally after stressful events where i'm pressing many different macros .. like switching between quick draw, ranged and ws pretty quickly.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
Server: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2015-07-02 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

1 make gear set macros either using the set macro in vanilla game or using windower scripts
2 make sure you always have enough ammo of any kinds you use for the "event" you're going to do
3 macro out every ammo you use
4 don't do anything without using your macros
5 always have 1 bullet on your mule
6 always have the 6 wkr KIs in case ***happens ... since ***always happens you can just pick up a new bullet in a pinch...
7have fun and stop worrying some much ...
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-07-02 15:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing you might want to try is adding to your QD macro:

/equip ammo
/equipset ## (QD set)
/wait 1
/ja "Fire Shot" <t>
/wait 1
/equipset ## (whatever set you normally use)

It won't be foolproof, since using a macro while another macro is still running will interrupt it, but this should help at least minimize loss.
 Carbuncle.Drygell
Server: Carbuncle
user: valkhyr
By Carbuncle.Drygell 2015-07-02 15:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

except that as you said yourself using a macro while loading another one while most likely interupt the previous one just make an equipset for QD and at the end of the macro make an unequip ammo
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-02 16:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only use in game macros the best way to make sure you don't shoot this bullet is to open your equipment menu after quickdraw and check to make sure your ammo has swapped back. It will lower your DPS slightly but so does using in game macros. I used to do this for PPA on rng and I thought it was worth doing.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-02 17:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to use a /equip ammo at the end of my quick draw macros. Also I will probably do scripts again, and try to get myself another bullet and the key items like Drygell said.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-07-03 19:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with GearSwap, I've shot 5 of these things. Advice: Join WKRs and keep an extra on a mule.
[+]
By Sephoroth 2015-07-03 20:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/equip "ammo" "bullet"
/equipset qd
/ja "elemental shot" <t>
/wait 1
/equip "ammo"

Just like that. If you use /equip "ammo" and leave it blank it'll unequip whatever ammo you had on everytime
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-13 17:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Even with GearSwap, I've shot 5 of these things. Advice: Join WKRs and keep an extra on a mule.

I've only lost it once with Gearswap, and that was when I was doing WS-QD-QD-WS with no delay whatsoever. I try to wait until I'm for-sure in my tp set (which equips a different bullet) before WSing in such a scenario.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-07-13 18:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My gearswap curses me for a damn fool if I try to do anything with the Animikii bullet equipped and cancels the action and unequips the ammo slot.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-13 18:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to reply to the thread, so here goes. I've since tried my new macros and it's successful so far.

What I've done is ensure every equipment change (via scripts) has a bullet; usually the delve bullets. I found it difficult to fire properly with a macro like this:

/equip ammo
/console exec
/wait 1
/ws "Wildfire" <t>
/wait 1
/console exec

Often I would try to shoot but have no bullet available. So after some experimenting I started using this instead.

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/console exec
/wait 1
/ws "Leaden Salute" <t>

And for ranged attack

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/console exec "snapshot"
/ra <t>
/wait 1
/console "rangedacc"

Seems to be working so far. My quick draw macros work like this now.

/console exec "Quickdraw"
/wait 1
/ja "Fire Shot" <t>
/wait 1
/equip ammo

Hopefully it never happens again. If it does I have a back up bullet on my mule after getting lucky on Marjami WKR the other day. Thanks for the tips, and hopefully this helps other Corsairs.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2015-09-14 02:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

for simplicity, for all macros you use Animikii Bullet in just use 3 lines:

/equipset ## (what ever your QD mab/macc/ect set is (don't forget to put the bullet in the set too!)

/ja "Dark Shot" <t> <wait1>

/equip ammo

macro in your normal ammo into any and all other macros you use ammo for (range attack/weapon skill ect) and never let your self run out, i always keep at least 2 open stacks (100+) on me because i'm bad at keeping track/remembering to

and do not mash macros in quick succession ever

i have 3 bullets in my DB but i've never shot my first one, yet
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-09-14 07:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using gearswap, don't forget to not use Animikii with it just right after an update.
Wait until gearswap update.
 Diabolos.Reignes
Server: Diabolos
user: Reignes
By Diabolos.Reignes 2015-10-04 01:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just fired mine. Since I'm not sure or not, can you re do the etermal flame NPC turn in of the 6 KI or do I need to spam hurkan for it now?
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-10-05 19:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you can do the KI collection instead of spamming.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-06 02:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
	if spell.name == 'Wildfire' and buffactive[115] then
			equip({ammo="Animikii Bullet"})
		end

Put a regular bullet in your Wildfire set and use this. It will only use your Animikii Bullet if Unlimited Shot is active.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [95 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lior
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2016-01-09 04:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, sorry for bumping this thread.
It happens to me aswell now that I am losing my Animikii Bullet. Redoing WKR all the time with my limited play time really hurts, so I wanna try asking here, if I do something wrong. Suteru posted his COR.lua in another thread, so I am using his now: COR.lua

I alrdy shot two of the bullets. Ever since I updated to Suterus .lua I lost it. Or is it server lag? I also got a new computer and running ffxi on higher settings, but it can't be the problem can it?

Has anyone fixed this problem? :/ Please help.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-09 07:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to reply to the thread, so here goes. I've since tried my new macros and it's successful so far.

What I've done is ensure every equipment change (via scripts) has a bullet; usually the delve bullets. I found it difficult to fire properly with a macro like this:

/equip ammo
/console exec
/wait 1
/ws "Wildfire" <t>
/wait 1
/console exec

Often I would try to shoot but have no bullet available. So after some experimenting I started using this instead.

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/console exec
/wait 1
/ws "Leaden Salute" <t>

And for ranged attack

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/console exec "snapshot"
/ra <t>
/wait 1
/console "rangedacc"

/wait 1
/ja "Fire Shot" <t>
/wait 1
/equip ammo

Hopefully it never happens again. If it does I have a back up bullet on my mule after getting lucky on Marjami WKR the other day. Thanks for the tips, and hopefully this helps other Corsairs.

I can't say anything about the .lua thing, but I continue to use what I posted above and have not shot a single bullet since.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-09 07:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

/equip ammo
/console exec
/wait 1
/ws "Wildfire" <t>
/wait 1
/console exec

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/console exec
/wait 1
/ws "Leaden Salute" <t>

And for ranged attack

/equip ammo
/wait 1
/console exec "snapshot"
/ra <t>
/wait 1
/console "rangedacc"

/wait 1
/ja "Fire Shot" <t>
/wait 1
/equip ammo

I can't say anything about the .lua thing, but I continue to use what I posted above and have not shot a single bullet since.

Idk about script/lua since I don't use them, but if you use equipset or able to use /equipset, I would suggest Tot's /equipset command:

Quote:
/equipset ## (what ever your QD mab/macc/ect set is (don't forget to put the bullet in the set too!)

/ja "Dark Shot" <t> <wait1>

/equip ammo "whatever you use for ra/ws"

There are no /wait 1 between gear change and QD, you're losing a lot of dps by if you use /wait 1 between equipset and QD. You equip none QD bullets(w/e you use for /ra or WS) with /wait 1 AFTER you use QD. You can also put a none QD bullet in your tp set macro to make sure it really switch back to none QD bullet.

From my experience, it's extremely hard to shoot the animikii bullet this way unless you run out of bullet or equipment locked by encumbrance.
 Asura.Lior
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2016-01-09 08:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to keep using gesrswap and hoped someone would have figured out what causes it to shoot the anmikii :( Never been a fan of ingame macros... but it seems like the only way to keep using anmikii ... cor job is to use ingame macros? Can't say that this is a satisfying solution. Maybe I should post in a gearswap thread about this issue.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-09 08:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A normal ingame wait is not recommendable imo. You only need to lag once and your next action will dump your precious bullet. Which means to be sure you'd have to slow down your action sequence after QD to be sure the swap processed before you shoot again.

For safety I always used a specific macro simply to remove the bullet after QD, that way I don't have to worry and I'm sure I'm taking it off without having to slow down on my actions because of that worry.

edit: I've lost many Akvan bullets using the /wait strategy that's why I started going about manual swap and I never lost another.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-09 08:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
A normal ingame wait is not recommendable imo. You only need to lag once and your next action will dump your precious bullet. Which means to be sure you'd have to slow down your action sequence after QD to be sure the swap processed before you shoot again.

For safety I always used a specific macro simply to remove the bullet after QD, that way I don't have to worry and I'm sure I'm taking it off without having to slow down on my actions because of that worry.

edit: I've lost many Akvan bullets using the /wait strategy that's why I started going about manual swap and I never lost another.

Just curious, what do you mean by "lag once and your next action will dump your precious bullet?" Do you mean the game won't execute the command after /wait 1 if you R0 or something?

I know that sometimes the macro won't execute the action after /wait 1 if you have log window open or if you click your next macro too fast. That's why I put another none-ex/rare bullet in WS equipsets AND WS macro line. That way you execute the "equip none ex/rare bullet after QD is done" command 3 times after you use QD. The chance of failing to switch back to none-ex/rare ammo is extremely low since you told the game to switch back to ra/ws bullet 3 times. So even if first switch ammo command fail, you still have 2 more chances to switch back to the right ammo.

I like it this way so I only click macro twice instead of 3 times when I try to chain QD into WS. It's pretty tough to chain QD into WS fast enough by clicking macro 3 times IMO. Not chaining QD into WS fast enough = dps lose.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-09 09:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you're chaining commands fast and your wait won't be executed. You'd have to actually wait a moment before executing the next, which is the same time as if hitting two macros instead of one.
Other times the game just doesn't swap all your gear due to lag if you don't use lua.

I usa both a lua code with each set with its own bullet and mannually remove it for safety. But before lua I was fine with just using a removal macro. I wasn't fine with wait.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-09 09:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you're chaining commands fast and your wait won't be executed. You'd have to actually wait a moment before executing the next, which is the same time as if hitting two macros instead of one.
Other times the game just doesn't swap all your gear due to lag if you don't use lua.

I usa both a lua code with each set with its own bullet and mannually remove it for safety. But before lua I was fine with just using a removal macro. I wasn't fine with wait.

Well yeah, it's extremely dangerous if you only rely on /wait to swap ammo, that's why it's more safe to do multiple /equip ammo "ws/ra ammo" command in 2nd(WS) macro.

Unfortunately i can't provide solution to use lua AND keep the ammo since I don't know lua well enough.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-09 09:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Every extra step helps..Altana knows how annoying it is to get these bullets again when you lose them(I still never got Animikii to drop..)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-09 09:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

(I still never got Animikii to drop..)

O.O really? It seems to have pretty high drop rate :O
First Page 2