Isgebind Soloable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Isgebind soloable?
Isgebind soloable?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-01 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
everything in abyssea is soloable by RDM... easily. The only thing you might have a little trouble with is that chariot that does discoid. Might have to use kiting method to kill it, but I am thinking if you get all the +HP atmas and go /smn you could survive discoid.

It can be stunned by any job/subjob with ilvl macc. And, since it'll die in about a minute or less, you most likely won't even see a discoid, let alone more than 1.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-07-01 14:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
everything in abyssea is soloable by RDM... easily. The only thing you might have a little trouble with is that chariot that does discoid. Might have to use kiting method to kill it, but I am thinking if you get all the +HP atmas and go /smn you could survive discoid.

It can be stunned by any job/subjob with ilvl macc. And, since it'll die in about a minute or less, you most likely won't even see a discoid, let alone more than 1.

while that is true, it would be a bad day if you got a lag spike and didn't stun in time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-01 14:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

while that is true, it would be a bad day if you got a lag spike and didn't stun in time.

Because you couldn't get up and finish it off while weak? Or wait 5 minutes and try again?
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-01 17:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only tried on Blu but see no problem on other job, the most anoying about the fight is the para procs
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-01 17:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
Only tried on Blu but see no problem on other job, the most anoying about the fight is the para procs

Yeah, even in ilvl gear it was fairly potent. Just pop a cath and keep burning him down. Temps don't get eaten by para anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dedrummer000 2015-07-01 18:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

killed in like 2-3 WSs on drg. died so fast i was very surprised. can pop ancient circle and dragon breaker to push your damage to craziness.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-07-01 18:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Is this real life?

Is this just final fantasy?
:D
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-01 18:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, even in ilvl gear it was fairly potent. Just pop a cath and keep burning him down. Temps don't get eaten by para anymore.

I don't know about that. Earlier I tested how easy it would be to kill via just afking with regular DD gear and regular DD atmas and I was able to get it down to 11% while just staring at the screen, with very, very few para procs.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-01 18:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

I don't know about that. Earlier I tested how easy it would be to kill via just afking with regular DD gear and regular DD atmas and I was able to get it down to 11% while just staring at the screen, with very, very few para procs.

I'm surprised. I only got para'd once farming the hearts for AF3, it proc'd on a couple attack rounds in a row then I killed it.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-07-01 18:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you couldn't get up and finish it off while weak? Or wait 5 minutes and try again?

Relying on stun to defeat anything is a poor strategy, and just a lame way to play. And I call dieing a bad day, even if killing the NM while weakened because that means it beat me and I only defeated it by zombieing it (which is lame).
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-01 18:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Then kill it faster if stunning is "lame". How is this thread beyond a page? It's Abyssea. You should be able to solo literally everything in there these days.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-07-04 00:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i soloed him on PUP alot, use Rdm frame or if you have whm friend that can work too, blu possibly tho i didnt try it myseld
By Draylo 2015-07-04 01:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Relying on stun to defeat anything is a poor strategy, and just a lame way to play. And I call dieing a bad day, even if killing the NM while weakened because that means it beat me and I only defeated it by zombieing it (which is lame).

Stunning tp moves is actually something the DEVs had in mind, or else the spell stun wouldn't exist. Even trusts do it like Zeid, so it isn't lame in the DEV's eyes. Also, in past FF games they had Phoenix downs so it isn't something new to the series. Even a lot of low level challenges you had to spam phoenix downs.