Isgebind Soloable?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Isgebind soloable?
Isgebind soloable?
First Page 2
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-01 09:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Isgebind soloable nowdays, if you not a BST?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-07-01 09:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rune Fencer comes to mind ;p
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-07-01 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Think a good cor can, Runeist Rolls helps a lot.
Will try as cor soon, and I'll tell you.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-07-01 09:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed it multiple times on like i113 BLU a few weeks back.

It wasn't a hard fight per se, but it was a fight that is loseable if things don't go your way (Terror, Paralyze aura, Blizzaga IV and Gregale Wing can still do some nasty damage).

I died once in like six fights, and was still able to reraise and win. The one death took a perfect storm of some ***, and I also didn't have very many of the "good" temp items on hand.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-01 09:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

With atmas and iLevel gear, I'd be shocked if there was any job that couldn't solo Isgebind now, really.

Runefencer certainly seems the safest non-pet choice, but honestly, almost anything should be able to.
[+]
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-01 09:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give it a try, if fail it not hard just aoe burn another ki
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2015-07-01 09:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed it with no issues as sam/dnc. Normal DD atmas too. Did have to use a few temps when nukes were unresisted, but the fight's easy.

Edit: fought from behind btw, to avoid terror.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-07-01 09:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I got destroyed when I got it around 20% a couple weeks ago on my BLU, but I had never fought it before and I was not being very careful. If I were stunning better it would have been much more smooth.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-01 09:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't imagine it's too tough, in Xarcabard summon a whm trust, engage an enemy, let them buff you with protect and shell, fight Isgebind while making use of PDT set for TP moves and MDT set for nukes, then just kirr it.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-07-01 10:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I wouldn't imagine it's too tough, in Xarcabard summon a whm trust, engage an enemy, let them buff you with protect and shell, fight Isgebind while making use of PDT set for TP moves and MDT set for nukes, then just kirr it.

Main thing that can make it still potentially a threat is that it'll wipe buffs fairly regularly. Then terror you. Like you said though, damage taken sets (and just ilevel in general), plus potentially using defensive Atma, counter that a lot. RUN or /RUN do especially well since Runes can't get dispelled, but Future Fabulous Atma and the like would help too.

While you likely won't end the fight with them still on, Protect/Shell scrolls are also an option, and cheap from the Curio Moogles.

Or, as mentioned, just set up for DD and take it down before it has a chance to do much.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Server: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-07-01 10:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I just did it yesterday on BLU/WAR, forgot to change subs after doing some CPing. Wrecked face, saw no more than two Gregale Wings the whole time, no other TP moves. Blizzaga IV still hurt for like 1100 unbuffed, but in full DD gear, not even bothering to switch to DT, I pretty much just wrecked him with no difficulty. Most, if not all, jobs with some preparation should be able to solo it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-01 10:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Main thing that can make it still potentially a threat is that it'll wipe buffs fairly regularly. Then terror you. Like you said though, damage taken sets (and just ilevel in general), plus potentially using defensive Atma, counter that a lot. RUN or /RUN do especially well since Runes can't get dispelled, but Future Fabulous Atma and the like would help too.

While you likely won't end the fight with them still on, Protect/Shell scrolls are also an option, and cheap from the Curio Moogles.

Or, as mentioned, just set up for DD and take it down before it has a chance to do much.
As far as I remember, as long as you tail tank he only flails or used Gregale Wing so there shouldn't be any dispel.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-01 10:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this real life?

Isgebind should be the one making this thread, asking if he could solo you, to which the responses should be "if your opponent was out for a coffee, dear Isgebind, then maybe you would have a shot. Maybe".

This thing is not remotely a challenge now. At all. Solo'd it in NQ as ***yorcia skirmish gear (not alluvion) with a damn Joyeuse because I was bored.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-01 10:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-01 10:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, has some hard mode isgebind been added since I quit? He was EASILY solo'd by basically any job in iLVL gear. I was 2-shotting him on BLU when AF3 reforge was released. He never even got a nuke off, much less any dangerous TP moves.

This guy solo'd him at 99 without cruor buffs.

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
By Chroph 2015-07-01 10:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-01 10:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, I haven't fought Isgebind since pre-ilvl so I was just speculating his level of difficulty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-01 10:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Wait, has some hard mode isgebind been added since I quit?

Apparently.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-01 11:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No issues as blu/dnc. Took 5 min to kill and dropped to yellow 1 time as forgot to stun
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2015-07-01 11:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Main thing that can make it still potentially a threat is that it'll wipe buffs fairly regularly. Then terror you.

Like I said, fight it from behind. Never saw neither roar nor terror the times I killed it.

Not sure why people are making this out to be such a big deal. The only thing that hurts is an unresisted nuke, especially if you have no shell and like me you're too lazy to swap to -mdt gear. Make sure you get some extra temps in exchange for cruor just in case.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-01 11:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Is this real life?

Isgebind should be the one making this thread, asking if he could solo you, to which the responses should be "if your opponent was out for a coffee, dear Isgebind, then maybe you would have a shot. Maybe".

This thing is not remotely a challenge now. At all. Solo'd it in NQ as ***yorcia skirmish gear (not alluvion) with a damn Joyeuse because I was bored.
Surprised you didn't solo it years before that, with making that masamune.

Soloing Abyssea was a pain when it involved grinding out Empyrean weapons, and my Red Mage wasn't geared well in the Abyssea era due to, well, it being mostly an irrelevant class. In addition to simply not being motivated to partake in what RDM solo had become at that point.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-01 12:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've soloed him once or twice on WHM/NIN for someone who wanted the hearts, with full buffs though etc.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-01 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure I could literally go afk and kill it just by auto-attacking.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-07-01 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Main thing that can make it still potentially a threat is that it'll wipe buffs fairly regularly. Then terror you.

Like I said, fight it from behind. Never saw neither roar nor terror the times I killed it.

Not sure why people are making this out to be such a big deal. The only thing that hurts is an unresisted nuke, especially if you have no shell and like me you're too lazy to swap to -mdt gear. Make sure you get some extra temps in exchange for cruor just in case.

Or set Future Fabulous.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-07-01 12:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC/THF can win any fight in Abyssea nowadays I think

and that's even with RR/GH/Sanguine Scythe

Isgebind at least was easy

EDIT: besides obviously the flying ones
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-01 12:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC/THF in ilvl gear can probably pull every NM in abyssea together in one spot and kill them all
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-07-01 14:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

everything in abyssea is soloable by RDM... easily. The only thing you might have a little trouble with is that chariot that does discoid. Might have to use kiting method to kill it, but I am thinking if you get all the +HP atmas and go /smn you could survive discoid.
First Page 2