Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-28 09:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Ramyrez said: »
I really don't like her,

I'm talking about the deep, visceral kind of hatred that hillary brings to the table that is currently rallying every yahoo that never voted before.

They could have picked almost anyone else to run against trump and have been 15 points ahead by now.
Pretty much... I was hoping for a Hillary conviction with a replacement nomination of Biden/warren which would have crushed...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 09:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden would have been my first choice from the get go, but he understandably felt he didn't have it in him following the death of his son.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-28 09:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Maybe the Democrats will learn something

fat chance.

when republicans *** it up *** cheney blows their face off with a shotgun.

democrats get a promotion for trying their best
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-28 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump to look at recognizing Crimea as Russian territory, lifting sanctions
Politico.

Openers:
Quote:
Donald Trump said Wednesday he would consider recognizing Crimea as Russian territory and lifting the sanctions against the country if he’s elected president.

At a wide-ranging news conference, Trump said he “would be looking into that” when asked about his stance on Crimea and Russia. The Crimean Peninsula has been part of Ukraine for decades, but Russian President Vladimir Putin annexed the territory in March 2014 after a popular revolt toppled Kiev’s pro-Russian government....

In the meantime search Utube for "Stephen Has A Question For Donald Trump" Its NSFW, even bleeped, so I don't think I can link or post it here.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-28 10:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Biden would have been my first choice from the get go, but he understandably felt he didn't have it in him following the death of his son.

That aint why Biden didn't run. He wasn't allowed to run because it was decided in 2008 that Hillary would be the next nominee.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-28 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

That aint why Biden didn't run. He wasn't allowed to run because it was decided in 2008 that Hillary would be the next nominee.

Your right both Obama and Hillary were at the 2008 Bilderberg meeting and Obama won the nomination after all Hillary s super delegates switched last minute.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-28 10:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You can say that, and there might be some truth to it. But Obama ousted her in 2008, I see no reason why a motivated Joe couldn't have this year. He just didn't have that motivation, and again, I feel that's quite understandable.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-28 14:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaine: Trump right that I was 'lousy' New Jersey governor
Politico

Quote:
On Donald Trump's charge that he was a poor governor in New Jersey, Tim Kaine pleads guilty.

"Yesterday he said I was a lousy governor of New Jersey. And he's right. I wasn't even ever governor of New Jersey," Hillary Clinton's running mate told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday.

Kaine, who served as governor of Virginia from 2006-2010, noted that point before taking another backhand swipe at the Republican nominee.

"But look, basic civics, 50 states. You have to give a guy a break who's only into politics the last few months and not that well-informed," the Virginia senator quipped.

Asked how he would respond to the way Trump has conducted himself throughout the campaign, Kaine called "some of it ... comical."

"Some of the things he says about me, my response is, quote, yawn, close quote but this is a -- it's a dangerous race," Kaine said, turning serious. "It's an existential choice for the country about, do you want to bring torture back? In Virginia we care a lot about religious liberty. Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, people should be able to worship the way they want or not and they shouldn’t be preferred or punished."

Kaine, who served as a Catholic missionary in Honduras, added, "When Donald Trump says you know what, we’re gonna change after 240 years and we’re gonna start punishing people because of their religion? And if it's Mormons this week—I mean, if it’s Muslims this week it could be Mormons next week. We gotta fight to beat him."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/tim-kaine-trump-new-jersey-226356#ixzz4FjXbgcyh
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-28 16:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump lost one.

Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees in Doral painter’s lawsuit

Miami Hearald

Quote:
While developer Donald Trump was busy getting the Republican Party’s presidential nomination this week, he was losing big in a Miami-Dade County courtroom.

Circuit Court Judge Jorge Cueto, presiding over a lawsuit related to unpaid bills brought by a local paint store against the Trump National Doral Miami golf resort, ordered the billionaire politician’s company to pay the Doral-based mom-and-pop shop nearly $300,000 in attorney’s fees.

All because, according to the lawsuit, Trump allegedly tried to stiff The Paint Spot on its last payment of $34,863 on a $200,000 contract for paint used in the renovation of the home of golf’s famed Blue Monster two years ago.

Trump National’s insistence that it had “paid enough” for the paint despite a contract, according to the lawsuit, caused The Paint Spot to slap a lien on the property and Cueto to order the foreclosure sale of the resort.

In time, Donald Trump’s company got the judge to cancel the June 28 courthouse auction after it placed the $34,000 in escrow, and the case was put on hold while Trump National’s owner, Trump Endeavor, considered an appeal.

But the lien remained.

And Cueto was asked to rule on the fees for The Paint Spot’s three $500-an-hour attorneys and two $150-an-hour paralegals that lawsuit loser Trump Endeavor will have to pay.

The golf company, according to the court file, objected to the hourly rates because it paid its lawyers $400 an hour, according to court records.

This week, Cueto ruled that the fees were reasonable, and then some.

First, he ruled Trump should pay for nearly 500 hours of legal work, since the store’s legal team had to prepare for a trial that never took place.

Then, Cueto tacked on a 75 percent “risk” fee, partly because the store’s lawyers took the risk that they would never be paid if they lost.

Total: $282,949 and 91 cents, including copying and expert testimony.

“I’m happy I have a judgment,” said Juan Carlos Enriquez, owner of The Paint Spot. “But he [Trump] hasn’t paid yet.

“You know how he says he’ll surround himself with the greatest people if he is president? In this case, he might not be surrounded by the right people.”

Trump bought the property in 2012 for $150 million then launched into a major renovation.

Alan Garten, Trump’s in-house lawyer, didn’t return a call for comment.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-28 19:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Juggernautx, CONGRATULATIONS!!

This is the first time I have EVER reported anyone.

Reported for off topic. This thread has NOTHING to do with the DNC convention.

Trump Talk™
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-28 19:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jennifer Rubin: Which is worse? Trump or the Republicans who excuse him?
The Salt Lake Tribune (but originally By Jennifer Rubin The Washington Post) (That the Salt Lake Tribune is echoing The Washington Post is itself significant.)

Quote:
Republicans who have backed Donald Trump - or worse, rationalized his crazy talk - are lying low in the wake of Trump's invitation for Vladimir Putin to hack his opponent and Trump's revelation that he'd consider letting Putin have the Crimea. For those who have not drunk the Trump Kool-Aid the reaction has been swift and brutal:

Philip Reiner, a former National Security Council official in the Obama administration, called Trump a "scumbag animal."

" 'Hacking email is a criminal activity. And he's asked a foreign government — a murderous, repressive regime — to attack not just one of our citizens but the Democratic presidential candidate? Of course it's a national security threat,' he added.

"And William Inboden, who served on the NSC during the George W. Bush administration, said Trump's comments were 'tantamount to treason.'

" 'Trump's appeal for a foreign government hostile to the United States to manipulate our electoral process is not an assault on Hillary Clinton, it is an assault on the Constitution,' said Inboden, who now teaches at the University of Texas at Austin."

Those are harsh words, although we would say justifiable under the circumstances.

At the convention, Democrats hit back hard. Ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Ca., told the convention:

"I am keenly aware of the grave threats we face — from the murderous brutality of ISIS and al-Qaeda to Iran's sponsorship of terror; from the belligerence of Vladimir Putin to the madman in Pyongyang....

"When the rights of expression, religion and association are under growing assault around the globe, when the world needs a leader who can offer 'blood, tears, toil and sweat,' Trump offers only bluster, tirade, swindle, and threat.

"With malice towards all, and charity for none, Trump would separate us from the world, and divide us here at home. In Trump's world, NATO is a relic, Putin an ally, Tiananmen an example, and torture our instrument. This is not leadership; this is calamity."

Trump enablers claimed he was kidding, or trying to get Russia to help the FBI (!). None of these hold up under scrutiny, nor do his contradictory claims that he has "zero" to do with Russia and yet sold a property at a $60 million profit to a very rich Russian. (Which one? Did he pay above market value?) As numerous people have pointed out, saying Trump does not invest in Russia doesn't mean that powerful Russians don't invest in him. A savvy reader points out: "A Trump investment in Russia, such as the Trump Tower he reportedly has wanted to build there, might be an asset. By contrast, Russian oligarchs' investments in other Trump assets are obligations."

But let's not get caught up in a financial mystery. The mystery is not why Trump (financial, ideological, psychological) is so deferential toward Russia's authoritarian bully and his interests (over ours and our allies') but that he is — and does not know how grossly inappropriate it is.

David Kramer, a longtime human rights advocate and a former senior State Department official in the George W. Bush administration, remarks to me, "I'm deeply troubled by talk about partnering with the Putin regime after it has apparently hacked into the DNC and grossly interfered with our presidential election campaign, invaded its neighbors (Ukraine in 2014-present, Georgia 2008, Estonia through a cyberattack in 2007) and illegally annexed Crimea, bombed sites in Syria that we have urged it to avoid, partnered with Iran to prop up Assad through its military intervention, recklessly buzzed our aircraft and ships, launched the worst crackdown on human rights inside Russia in decades, and threatened and demonized the West and the United States in particular." He added: "The Putin regime is a serious threat, and we should treat it as such."

The irony is President Barack Obama's worst critics on the right argued he was too deferential toward foes, didn't know friends from foes, and "bowed" to authoritarians. Now they're circling the wagons around someone who makes Obama look like Ronald Reagan. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire.

It's not clear which is worse — Trump or the Republicans still excusing him. In any event, Trump surely has revealed something about the character and judgment of a whole bunch of Republicans. Sad!
By Juggernautx 2016-07-28 21:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Trump Talk™

They keep talking about him at their convention, I thought it was possibly a continuation of the RNC. I suppose my post wasn't "politically correct" enough and you were offended. That or moderator bias. Carry on
[+]
By onceagain 2016-07-28 21:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN skyrockets from the bottom of the viewership polls as people tune in to watch the Cintanic.

Meanwhile, Trump skyrockets in the polls.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-28 22:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

onceagain said: »
CNN skyrockets from the bottom of the viewership polls as people tune in to watch the Cintanic.

CNN has also dedicated 5x more coverage to the DNC than the RNC. Not really surprising after reading the collusion in the emails between CNN and the DNC.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-28 22:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Juggernautx said: »

Trump Talk™

They keep talking about him at their convention, I thought it was possibly a continuation of the RNC. I suppose my post wasn't "politically correct" enough and you were offended. That or moderator bias. Carry on

Now they will spend a billion dollars in negative ads against Trump between now and November. Nothing will take traction though as this wave of terrorism in America in Europe will continue and dominate television.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-28 22:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can say that, and there might be some truth to it. But Obama ousted her in 2008, I see no reason why a motivated Joe couldn't have this year. He just didn't have that motivation, and again, I feel that's quite understandable.

It was the deal. It couldn't be broken with everything they all know. What's the term "mutually assured destruction"?
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-28 23:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN has also dedicated 5x more coverage to the DNC than the RNC. Not really surprising after reading the collusion in the emails between CNN and the DNC.
I watched both conventions and you are full of it.
By Juggernautx 2016-07-28 23:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump Talk™

Now they will spend a billion dollars in negative ads against Trump between now and November. Nothing will take traction though as this wave of terrorism in America in Europe will continue and dominate television.

That seems to be the escalating trend. You'd think they would take a hint after seeing how Rubio flopped in FL and lost his own state against Trump in the Republican primaries, despite the Huge(Trump voice) amounts of money they poured into ads against him.

Speaking of the Clinton's and the money, here's a very interesting video, for anyone interested in a good watch:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-29 07:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »

I watched both conventions and you are full of it.

*5x the video from the Convention speeches*
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 08:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"mutually assured destruction"?

Almost entirely unrelated, but the first place a young me heard that term. Ironically a bit of a right-wing nut wrote it, but I didn't *** know or understand these concepts at the time. I was just all, "Metal!"

Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 08:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump Talk™

Why would you be surprised or criticize this? 95% of the rnc was just calling Hillary crooked...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-29 08:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

"mutually assured destruction"?

Almost entirely unrelated, but the first place a young me heard that term. Ironically a bit of a right-wing nut wrote it, but I didn't *** know or understand these concepts at the time. I was just all, "Metal!"

also "black toothed grin"
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-29 09:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump Talk™
I was not offended and am never politically correct.

If you repost in RP&R it would be fine.
By Juggernautx 2016-07-29 09:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump Talk™

Making a special post dedicated to me saying "Juggernautx CONGRATULATIONS!!" suggest otherwise.

On-topic: I liked Trumps quick response to the smear propaganda run against him. Very smart of him to immediately address and highlight the lies in the other campaign
By fonewear 2016-07-29 09:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when Trump Talk was about Trump those were the days !
[+]
By Juggernautx 2016-07-29 09:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

"Make Trump Talk, Trump Talk Again" , would make for a good slogan I'm thinking
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-29 10:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

"Second post on the thread"

Aelius said: »
Let's here it for the first drop out of the presidential race.

Trump rules! Pussycatmod drools!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-29 10:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
"Second post on the thread"

Aelius said: »
Let's here it for the first drop out of the presidential race.

Trump rules! Pussycatmod drools!
>here
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-29 10:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

what the *** ever girlboy....

trump rules and you suck hobo *** in a boxcar full of used hypodermic needles.
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 216 217 218