Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 216 217 218
By fonewear 2016-05-31 10:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It is dumb for people to even be discussing a Trump/Sanders debate and it is only being done by Hillary supporters...

Do you have proof of that or are you just trolling again?

Wow. It is always nice to see an impartial mod. Refreshing even.

Do me a favor. Answer the rest of my post that you quoted. Tell me once in History that the Nominee of one party debated the loser of the other.
Nice proof, your deflecting skills are strong, and I don't know nor care. Technically, unless Hillary has reached the 2,383 delegates, which she's 73 away from, Sanders isn't the loser...yet.

He was a loser the day he decided to represent Vermont...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-31 10:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
We still need to find a shillery supporter on this site, so that we may point and laugh at them.

We have at least one for sure, and several others that go out of their way to defend her. Not many have the guts to admit they're supporters, though.
Kindof like Obama supporters.

There's plenty of them here on this website, they are just too afraid to admit it.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 11:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
(something that always comes to my mind when I watch football matches)
gdi I love this sport. So much better than soccer! Is usually what I think when I watch Football :P
By fonewear 2016-05-31 11:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Wow. It is always nice to see an impartial mod. Refreshing even.
I call it the referee bias.
For example when a player is known to dive often even when he actually becomes victim of a foul the referee is less likely to concede him the foul.
Or likewise someone who is known for being too violent even when making a clear contrast he's more likely to be called out and get a yellow card.

Your history says you troll pretty often, therefore you are more likely to be judged that way by the mods.

(this has probably a better name but it's something that always comes to my mind when I watch football matches)

As an American we refuse to embrace your "football" !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-31 11:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what soccer is like to me:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-31 12:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think just about every sport would be better when combined with American football.

Soccer - Keep the field, but force them to kick around an American football. Put them in pads, let them tackle the crap out of each other. WIN.

Hockey - Make it exactly like football... on ice skates, in a rink. Watch as the defensive and offensive lines fall into a pile on every play. Tackles get more glorious when people are knocked into the glass. WIN.

Lacrosse - I don't care how the game plays, I just want to see football players beating the crap out of each other with sticks. WIN.

American Politics (to keep it more on topic) - Put helmets on politicians so we don't have to see their goofy faces (and/or hair). WIN.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-31 12:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It is dumb for people to even be discussing a Trump/Sanders debate

yeah

I for one am all for it.... I even suggested it...to my wife...when hillary dropped out and no one else was listening..

but I think it would be hilarious...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 12:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

American Politics (to keep it more on topic) - Put helmets on politicians so we don't have to see their goofy faces (and/or hair). WIN.

To steal a now-old joke, politics would be better if it were like NASCAR and everyone had to wear patches indicating who sponsors them.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 12:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
We still need to find a shillery supporter on this site, so that we may point and laugh at them.

We have at least one for sure, and several others that go out of their way to defend her. Not many have the guts to admit they're supporters, though.
Kindof like Obama supporters.

There's plenty of them here on this website, they are just too afraid to admit it.
I dont see why ppl dont show any support for Obama here. Being America's very first born & raised - extremely rich - Filipino president. Im rather shocked. Obama has a likable personality. I think everyone atleast agrees on that much.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-31 13:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There's plenty of support for Obama voiced here. It's just that if you aren't cursing his every breath then you're confused for a fanboy/girl that straps a cucumber to their Obamapillow every night.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-31 13:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Obama has a likable personality. I think everyone at least agrees on that much.

First I am hearing of it.. obama described as "likable"
I think he is a pompous arrogant self inflated jackass.
soon to be swept out by trump <~boom brings it back on topic!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-31 13:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"You're likable enough, Barack."

-Barack Obama
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-31 13:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The way to beat ISIS is to make them watch baseball until they all become drunks who show up to drink overpriced beer and shitty concessions.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!" - Barack Obama
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-31 13:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The way to beat ISIS is to make them watch baseball until they all become drunks who show up to drink overpriced beer and shitty concessions.

New approach to the war on terrorism: Fattening them up and clogging their arteries.

Good thinking, Sparth! That's some fine work there!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-31 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

New approach to the war on terrorism: Fattening them up and clogging their arteries.

Alternatively, wrapping our foes in inescapable debt works. Hard to fight the good jihad when you need to get to your third job at the call center to make that monthly payment.

I'll take my CIA director job now.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-31 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Alternatively, wrapping our foes in inescapable debt works. Hard to fight the good jihad when you need to get to your third job at the call center to make that monthly payment.

I'll take my CIA director job now.

You, sir, are on a roll today.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 13:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall are good. Nobody bit the joke but jumped all over likable lol
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 13:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"You're a sleaze because you know the facts, and you know the facts well." - Trump
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 13:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

"You're likable enough, Barack."

-Barack Obama
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!" - Barack Obama
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 14:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Siren.Akson said: »
Obama has a likable personality. I think everyone other ppl at least agree on that much.

First I am hearing of it.. obama described as "likable"
I think he is a pompous arrogant self inflated jackass.
soon to be swept out by trump <~boom brings it back on topic!
ftfy - my own quote. I dont think he was re-elected on his anti-war stance he held that dissipated after being elected 1st time. I dont think he was re-elected due to his foreign policy which everyone mocks. The list goes on Im sure.
By fonewear 2016-05-31 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama's approval rating will go up in November !
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-31 17:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump: I’m Making Vets Great Again, So STFU About the Money I Promised
The daily beast

Quote:
Donald Trump finally accounted for most of the $6 million he promised veterans charities months ago, but on Tuesday his explanations as to why it took so long to produce evidence of the donations fell well short of the truth.

The Donald making an anonymous donation as only he can do.

Quote:
You’re Welcome05.31.16 12:50 PM ET
Trump: I’m Making Vets Great Again, So STFU About the Money I Promised
Donald Trump finally accounted for most of the $6 million he promised veterans charities months ago, but on Tuesday his explanations as to why it took so long to produce evidence of the donations fell well short of the truth.

Donald Trump says he loves the vets, but he can’t stop lying to them—and the rest of us.

The mogul repeatedly misled the public Tuesday while trying to quiet concerns about whether he had raised the promised millions for veterans charities. Sure, he listed $5.6 million he had allocated to veterans groups during the hour-long, rabbling press conference, but that’s $400,000 short of what he said was raised in January—despite his claim that more is still coming in.

There was an initial surge of donations after Trump’s January fundraiser for veterans charities, accounting for less than half the pledged amount.

In recent weeks, under increasing media scrutiny, Trump has apparently boosted that figure to the $5.6 million he listed on Tuesday. The Daily Beast reached out to each of the 20 new charities Trump listed, of the 15 that responded, all confirmed they had received the amounts announced at the press conference. One additional organization, Project for Patriots, has not yet received non-profit status approval from the IRS.

Many of the charities The Daily Beast reached out to said they had received checks within the last week or two weeks—coinciding with a May 24 Washington Post story questioning whether he had distributed the promised $6 million. An Associated Press survey of the veterans groups yielded more than two-dozen responses—about half of them reported checks dated May 24 or beyond.

There were several problems with Trump’s explanations as to why it took so long to account for the alleged $6 million—but the most dubious claim by far was that he didn’t want to take personal credit for helping the veterans that he claims to love so much.

“I wanted to keep it private, if we could, I wanted to keep it private, because I don’t think it’s anybody’s business if I want to send money to the vets,” Trump said, despite the fact he raised the money at a flashy, broadcasted event as a cover for declining to attend a Fox News debate.

There is no shortage of cases in which Trump flaunted the money he raised for vets. Over and over again, he used veterans as political pawns during the heat of the Republican presidential primary process.

Before the Iowa caucuses, he held a rally in Iowa in which he presented an oversized check to local charity Partners for Patriots. And just prior to the New Hampshire primary, Trump presented another novelty check to Al Baldasaro, one of his veteran co-chairs and a member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives.

This faux-humility is also undercut by Trump’s own Twitter account, which has repeatedly played up the $6 million he supposedly raised in January—never mind that he hasn’t reached this figure, even today.

Trump also claimed that he sent checks to veterans charities without even telling them who it was from—apparently to bolster his claim that he wasn’t interested in credit for the fundraising.

“They received $100,000 in the mail. They didn’t even know what it was for, it was from me,” Trump told reporters Tuesday.

One organization, Boston’s Wounded Vet Run, posted the letter that accompanied his donation. The letter is on Trump Organization letterhead, and is signed personally by the businessman himself.

Other organizations have reported receiving similar letters: Liberty House, a small New Hampshire veterans charity, told The Daily Beast it received money from the Stewart J. Rahr Foundation, along with a letter saying that the donation should be credited to Trump. Rahr, a party-boy billionaire, has been responsible for a substantial portion of the Trump-credit charitable contributions.

The message from within the Trump camp for much of the last four months had been: we don’t know where the money is, and frankly we don’t care.

Baldasaro, who stood to the right of Trump during Tuesday’s press conference and is a prominent veterans adviser for the campaign, told The Daily Beast last month that he didn’t know where the pledged $6 million for vets had gone, and he wasn’t all that interested in finding out.

“I could ask, but it’s not high on my priority list,” Baldasaro told The Daily Beast then.

Among the 20 new charities Trump listed at his press conference on Tuesday, many of them received money within the last week or week and a half, after the press began ratcheting up pressure again on whether Trump had raised the $6 million he promised he had, and where it had gone.

Those contacted by The Daily Beast said they were all grateful for the donation, and as a nonpartisan charity were willing to take money from anyone who wanted to help veterans.

“Where we do stand is proudly alongside our men and women in uniform, particularly those who have made deep sacrifices on behalf of this country, that have resulted in catastrophic wounds. Anything we can do to support them, we will do,” said Megan Lombardo, director of development at Achilles International, a group which received two $100,000 checks from the Trump Foundation, one in late February and another one last week.

Her response typified the reaction of veterans charities which received money from Trump: that they were “apolitical.”

Trump, who has flaunted his giving at political rallies, can’t say the same.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-31 17:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Facts aren't going to make america great again Chanti.

/rollseyes
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 18:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did ppl find such Obama quotes....
That Trump one is real enough
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-05-31 19:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy holds a rally and raises over $6 million, 1$ of which he donated himself, to veterans charities... and all the media can do is make it try to continue shitting on him.

This is as stupid as the birth certificate thing with Obama.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-31 19:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

His epic meltdown today was pretty hilarious, spent a whole press the judge overseeing the lawsuit against him (that he will lose), this after trashing the Republican governor of New Mexico. So much for behaving himself.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-31 20:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Guy holds a rally and raises over $6 million, 1$ of which he donated himself, to veterans charities... and all the media can do is make it try to continue shitting on him.

This is as stupid as the birth certificate thing with Obama.
Except he didn't raise $6M.

At Least $1.9 Million In Donations Trump Collected For Vets Was Sent Last Week

NPR

And even with that late injection of cash it only got to $5.6m. Meaning that until last week, which comes sometime after the debate he skipped, he had raised AT MOST $3.7m.

Closers:
Quote:
The donations came in from a combination of sources, including the Donald J. Trump Foundation, various groups and individuals who cited Trump's efforts along with their donations, and Trump himself.

The candidate gave a $1 million check to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation on May 24, as questions from the Washington Post and other news outlets about Trump's prior claims regarding these donations accelerated.

Prior to Tuesday, only about $4 million of the fund had been accounted for as paid to veterans charities and service organizations through reporting by various news organizations, chiefly the Post.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-31 21:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Counter Point
Quote:
“Additionally, we are continuing to distribute the money raised as it comes in and we are expanding the list of groups receiving contributions,” she said in a statement. “If the media spent half as much time highlighting the work of these groups and how our Veterans have been so mistreated, rather than trying to disparage Mr. Trump’s generosity for a totally unsolicited gesture for which he had no obligation, we would all be better for it. He has raised millions of dollars for the Vets, and rather than being thanked, he is attacked. As Mr. Trump said, ‘No good deed goes unpunished.’”
Here
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 216 217 218