Where Are You Getting Your Capacity Points Solo?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Where are you getting your Capacity Points Solo?
Where are you getting your Capacity Points Solo?
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-31 14:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
lhova said: »
I just don't get why people don't coordinate to farm JP together. I randomly met up with a paladin and his mules in Sih gates and we decided to team up. He would gather all the leeches, bats, acuexs for about 25 mobs or so and I would BA Spectrul Floe and they were 1 shotted. I farmed 50 Jp's in about an hour with him. He even gather kraken's, spiders and such and he would cleave and I would Subduction them down. it makes no sense to solo when you can do it together but whenever I shout on my server, i never get a response... :(
I usually have to decide if the extra person is going to be worth a spot over one of my support trusts(since I don't have a cleave set right now I need a couple of very specific trusts to stay efficient). I usually only go with LS mates, and even then I wind up just carrying them most of the time. I can usually only get 15 or 20 JP before I get super bored, though.

I do love when a party is actually coming together and everyone is actually playing and pulling their weight.

Agreed. Sometimes no point of shouting when I'm the one carrying them. And even then on good days I might get a black Mage or a beginner beastmaster.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-11-01 08:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What this post shows me is I really need to do is get off my *** and farm up a cleave set.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-01 09:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a spot that has about 60 mobs you can pull from both sides to make cleave worth it.

I was doing the bats/leeches/acuex as the guy posted above but even with pulls of about 30-35 mobs which ended up being around 1 job point per pull without double exp/cp you end up waiting 5 minutes for respawns then 2 minutes to pull.

50 JP an hour is impossible that way, be lucky to get 10.

With 2 camps, if you can pull say krakens and all of the umbril room etc.. you could maybe break 20-25 an hour if you're amazing and the pld is as well.

Else just run around kill 2-3 at a time or go blu melee dps on bats and you'll pull the same amount per hour easy.
[+]
 Asura.Keja
Server: Asura
user: Cleric
By Asura.Keja 2015-11-01 10:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
You need a spot that has about 60 mobs you can pull from both sides to make cleave worth it.

I was doing the bats/leeches/acuex as the guy posted above but even with pulls of about 30-35 mobs which ended up being around 1 job point per pull without double exp/cp you end up waiting 5 minutes for respawns then 2 minutes to pull.

With 2 camps, if you can pull say krakens and all of the umbril room etc.. you could maybe break 20-25 an hour if you're amazing and the pld is as well.

Else just run around kill 2-3 at a time or go blu melee dps on bats and you'll pull the same amount per hour easy.

I thought you only got EXP on the first 8 mobs?
By lhova 2015-11-01 10:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »

That's not true at all. "Impossible" certainly isn't true since I got abotu 40 in that hour (50 was an exaggeration). It really depends on what CP bonuses you have, which trusts you use, trizek, capacity. I'm currentyly at 560/1200 JPS (at the time of this party I was at 513/1200 so I didn't have the next CP bonus). Paladin pulled from both sides so never had to worry about the respawn time. I would 1 shot the acuex/leech/bat pull and we would cleave/subduction the kraken/spider pull. Solo is certainly not the same its much slower.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-01 10:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

These mobs without ring and 50% cape and kupo trust (no cor cause no ring) and all the other CP bonuses (clock, RoE, etc..) at around 150 gifts give roughly 1100-1300 per kill at high chains.

Lets say you pull 35 mobs per side and kill within 1 minute of their respawn. That's roughly 700 mobs an hour at lets assume the high end 1300 a kill. 910k cp an hour which is 30 job points. Add in your few rings to get a free 3-4 job points an hour and that's the ceiling currently for that zone. Add in a corsair and you might get 40 assuming they kept up an 11 every chain. There simply isn't enough mobs to go above 40 (30 realistically)

It's certainly the best spot if you can find a puller but be realistic with your job points per hour expectations, your first time in the zone will be about 1/2 of what you can probably get just getting used to the pulls.

As for only the first 8 mobs, that was abyssea based on how exp was obtained, a bit different.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-01 12:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think sometimes CP/XP/drops gained don't show up in the chatlog if you're cleaving, packet loss or something. Noticed this in dynamis, when I'd cleave half of Windurst, then see random stuff in my loot pool that I never saw in my chat log.

Sometimes the "order" of CP chains gets a little messed up too... i.e, you cleave a ton of mobs and chat log might say something like: Chain 0 > Chain 7 > Chain 8 > Chain 4 > Chain 5 > Chain 6> Chain 1 > Chain 2 > Chain 3

Also, 1300 CP/kill is by no means "the high end", even without rings. I was topping 2500/kill (on higher chains) last night without rings, and was getting upwards of 6500~7000 with Trizek.

That was with ~650-700ish JP, 39% mantle, most of the RoE bonuses, Moghancement, Kupofried and two others in part. Had Qultada out, but he was being a dink and insisting on giving Evoker's Roll instead of Corsair's, even if I was at like ~1400/1500ish MP.

I walked away with 55 JP, was more than an hour, less than two - but that's also considering we were all out of sync and taking breaks to run back to town for new Capacity Rings.
[+]
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-11-01 13:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Had Qultada out, but he was being a dink and insisting on giving Evoker's Roll instead of Corsair's, even if I was at like ~1400/1500ish MP.

He'll only use corsair's roll if you have a ring active, so once it wears he wont use that roll until your charge is back up :(
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-01 15:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Supakoneko said: »
Shiva.Francisco said: »
Had Qultada out, but he was being a dink and insisting on giving Evoker's Roll instead of Corsair's, even if I was at like ~1400/1500ish MP.

He'll only use corsair's roll if you have a ring active, so once it wears he wont use that roll until your charge is back up :(

Did not know that, thanks.

Does the party leader need to have the ring active, or will he use it as long as someone in the party is using a ring?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-11-01 15:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs to be the one who summoned him.
[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-11-01 15:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On SAM i can get 11-12 JP's in Woh Gates on Worms using 2 Trizek's in just over 30min's in double CP. I can SC each worm to death using a 4-HIT, Koru (Haste2) + 13% Hasso + Joachim (1march 1Madrigal) the extra ACC helps me cap hit rate; It has been 3-4 month's since I used SAM due to JOB Point's in COr and NIN taking priority.

I could only very occasionally pass Chain#27 to #28 and that is with 2 Quick fudo's per death. The only job I can 1-shot in is LS COR at 3K tp. I'm sure the mob's level has something to do with the chain you can hit, or the time you get) because In Escha ruan I can't hit much past #20 before it becomes impossible for me to kill near 1-shotting mob's. It's a shame because unlike Limit chains, the CP/Kill really get's high abover chain 20, with the most I have hit being just over 12K with all Reive's, some Mission lines except ASA and Adoulin, Qultada's COR's roll, 48% Cape, The Clock & sometimes Kupufried.
I also noticed a nice increase in CP gain after my COR got the 545 gift, very close to getting the next gift so the CP-Increases do become noticable.

The Most CP/hour I got ws with a BLU friend with top gear/spell sets pulling in Woh Gates. He would clear a CAP Ring+50% in 6-7min's. The ring's only add 1 additional JP by the time the Dedication affect is used up. An addional 5JP's/hour from a Trizek and 4 normal CP ring's however all add up.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-11-01 16:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a list of all the things you can do to get these cp gain increases? Nowhere in my unity menus does it say i get a bonus for completing the reives and stuff...only see it mention a first time completion bonus. Is there a list of things somewhere that mentions the permanent bonus requirements? I keep seeing people mention them with quests and stuff.
By Malebolge 2015-11-01 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the Eminence quests for assorted Reives, I think you get some for finishing the Eminence objectives based on completing entire series of missions (Rank 10 nations, beating Promathia in CoP, etc), there's the Rhapsodies key items, Cheers have small bonuses attached, there's the Moghancement from the Vana'clock, and there's some bonuses from Gifts if you want to call those permanent.
[+]
By lhova 2015-11-02 21:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wether you believe 30 or 40 per hour is aggressive the fact remains that you aren't getting anywhere near that solo.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-11-02 23:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I get was getting 30 an hour pretty reliably on DNC towards the end of my grind during the double campaign. Attercops in Cirdas, mainly. Just burn through two Trizeks and a full Capacity Ring for one session. I'd usually run out of a Capacity charge in about 12 minutes, though, which was annoying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-11-03 07:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Really? I get was getting 30 an hour pretty reliably on DNC towards the end of my grind during the double campaign. Attercops in Cirdas, mainly. Just burn through two Trizeks and a full Capacity Ring for one session. I'd usually run out of a Capacity charge in about 12 minutes, though, which was annoying.
He's talking about without the campaign.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-03 08:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most 119 level players with decent jobs can get 30 Jp during double campaign lol
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-11-03 08:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah
Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
He's talking about without the campaign.

Ah. Without the campaign, the JP/hour I shoot for is 0.
[+]
 Sylph.Saviour
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Saviour 2015-11-19 08:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, my phone doesn't like this sites search function. Could someone post their cleave set? I was with a BLU from my LS cleaving in Zi Tah but didn't see his gear for Floe and the darkness one.