Where Are You Getting Your Capacity Points Solo?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Where are you getting your Capacity Points Solo?
Where are you getting your Capacity Points Solo?
First Page 2 3
By lhova 2015-06-28 10:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm new to Blue mage and I need tons of CP. I'm currently doing Marjami Biv 2 (Pugs, frogs and Twith) and with Twizek ring, 44% cape, and CP + from WKR and Reives I'm only getting about 1300 CP per kill. My ring is normally done after 3 and a half CP gained and due to the fact that people rarely want to do CP parties, I'm just curious on where peeps are getting their CP in bunches.

I'm currently just doing a Subduction spam and with current gear it normally takes me about 5 to 6 Subductions (at 1900-23000 damage per mob) to kill them. Not sure if I tried a harder area if my subductions would be any lower (hence make it not worth it) but at this rate its going to take me a really long time to even get to 100 JP gift, let alone maxing at 550.

i normally eat cream puffs, trust are Moogle, Koru, Kuipi and Star Sybil. I'll post my magic/subduction set here (I can't remember the name of my belt but I know that it has obi at the end). Also clubs are ranked 12, Hag head has +15 MAB, hag body +25 Macc, Hag legs +27 Macc, helios hands 20/20 Mab Mac, Int 8 and helios feet have 18/18 mab, MAcc, Int 8 and can't remember the 3 aug on either. 19/550 on Gift points.

ItemSet 336084
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-06-28 10:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have access to Kupofried and Mog Enhancement: Bounty?
Also how much of a CP bonus are you getting from gifts?

When I capped Geo JPs I was getting between 3-11k CP a kill depending on mob/active ring bonus and double CP campaigns.
 Lakshmi.Yumeara
user: Yumeara
By Lakshmi.Yumeara 2015-06-28 10:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to belabor a point that would require excessive toil, but there are also a myriad of Chacharoon's Cheers that also provide a 4-5% boost to CP gain.
To my knowledge to highest CP boost is from Limascabra (Urganite), which gives +5% CP gain and +3% EXP gain.
Hopefully this info helps more than infuriates, depending on your Monster Rearing rank.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-28 11:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm not in a party I usually just kill mandragoras in Ciezak with my ring on. It's a nice, easy, flashy grind that makes me feel good. With the ring, killing speed keeps my CP/hour competitive(unless I would be in a party with a BST or something) I can handle things after the teleporter in Morimar with trusts, but I can't kill them fast enough to justify the higher CP per mob. I would be doing more per hour somewhere else. I like to duo in that spot though.
By lhova 2015-06-28 11:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Do you have access to Kupofried and Mog Enhancement: Bounty?
Also how much of a CP bonus are you getting from gifts?

When I capped Geo JPs I was getting between 3-11k CP a kill depending on mob/active ring bonus and double CP campaigns.

I thought you can't get kupo or mog enhancement bounty anymore. I slacked on the behomoth event and didn't get either. Also I don't know how to tell how much of the CP bonus I'm getting from cleared WKR, lair and colonization reives. I know that I did most of them with the exception of clearing the Sih reives. I'm not getting anywhere near the CP others are getting even with ring. I mean 3-11k CP per kill is nuts. Granted if you are capped CP bonus from gifts then I think it almost give double CP, but on BLU I don't know what I'm able to cleave kill to get me anywhere near there.

Also I haven't done any monster "rearing" so I don't know about the bonus some of you are referring too. And mandy's dont give me more CP then Majrami Biv 2 mobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-28 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mean to imply that they would. I just said that's where I solo. I haven't really explored the possibility of the ravine as a camp, though i'm sure i could grind there pretty well. mandies are plentiful and respawn quickly so I feel like I'm getting a lot done even though I know i could do better elsewhere.
By lhova 2015-06-28 12:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
I didn't mean to imply that they would. I just said that's where I solo. I haven't really explored the possibility of the ravine as a camp, though i'm sure i could grind there pretty well. mandies are plentiful and respawn quickly so I feel like I'm getting a lot done even though I know i could do better elsewhere.

So are you straight meleeing the mandy's? I don't like them because they don't link and I'm trying to cleave. I was hoping someone would tell me their experiences from a solo cleave on Blu for CP, but I guess its not that feasible maybe. i want to do Woh gates but when I get to much agro the mobs are insane. Plus the twitherm don't die to my subduction's that quick.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-28 12:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The Acuex in Sih are probably pretty easy now that we have a better fire AoE.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-28 13:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo Efts and Raptors in Moh Gates, but I don't cleave, so it's probably slower than what you're after, still fast just maybe not as fast as cleaving. I like the pace though so it suits me fine.
By lhova 2015-06-28 13:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The Acuex in Sih are probably pretty easy now that we have a better fire AoE.

Which fire aoe are you referring too? From the elementals or thermal pulse?
By lhova 2015-06-28 13:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I solo Efts and Raptors in Moh Gates, but I don't cleave, so it's probably slower than what you're after, still fast just maybe not as fast as cleaving. I like the pace though so it suits me fine.

How much CP are you gettin per kill and how long are your chains normally? Thank you!
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-28 13:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

with kupo, cor trust, ring and 11% bonus from gifts I get between 4-5k a mob, I`ve chained upto 50+ that I`ve noticed but I sometimes stop for a min or 2 to grab a drink so it could go higher, I`ve yet to run out of mobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-28 13:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »

So are you straight meleeing the mandy's? I don't like them because they don't link and I'm trying to cleave. I was hoping someone would tell me their experiences from a solo cleave on Blu for CP, but I guess its not that feasible maybe. i want to do Woh gates but when I get to much agro the mobs are insane. Plus the twitherm don't die to my subduction's that quick.

With the newer sets and spells cleaving is absolutely viable. I don't have good magic sets, though, so I melee for my XP since it is much faster for me. With a good set for magic blue mage spells cleaving might be faster for you if you don't have a killer TP set. Especially if you're skilled at cleaving, which I admit I am not.

In principle it is the same, though. pick the strongest mobs worth the most XP that you can kill quickly that respawn fast enough that you're fighting with little to no downtime. if you're cleaving you want to pick things that link, if you're meleeing you want to pick things that don't link as much.

Our melee DPS is really quite good now(especially since we can haste 2 ourselves now and get double march from trusts), as I'm sure you know, so we can solo stronger mobs fairly quickly and outside of specific scenarios and gear sets(like cleaving) casting isn't really the benefit that it once was. with the right gear setup and buffs one can solo SC with just weaponskills. Cleaving isn't necessarily faster anymore, to my understanding, but can be if you have the right spot and gear. Cleaving is absolutely impressive, though, melee is a little more mindless and can get boring during a grind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-28 13:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

with kupo, cor trust, ring and 11% bonus from gifts I get between 4-5k a mob, I`ve chained upto 50+ that I`ve noticed but I sometimes stop for a min or 2 to grab a drink so it could go higher, I`ve yet to run out of mobs.
the time limit on the CP chain is so strict compared to the limit chain. If I kill too fast or other people are at my camp I can run out of mobs and lose my chain waiting for/traveling to a respawn
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-28 14:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Woh Gates Acuex by Yorcia Weald, used Dark Orb, Everyone's Grudge, Rail Cannon, Diffusion Ray, Retinal Glare, Thermal Pulse, and Magic Hammer to refill MP. They die in 1-2 nukes and you could go through them pretty quickly. Ride PDT build and melee with Kupofried, Apururu, Joachim, and Koru-Moru. Engage so Trusts keep you healthy, and Sanguine Blade/Flash Nova when they beat you up enough to hit 1000 TP for a free kill. Was able to hit over 30 Chain with a little luck and proper kill speed getting over 10k/kill. With Spectral Floe available now, should be way easier.

Edit: Also, a given: Find something fun to watch, you'll be grinding for a long time regardless where you go...
[+]
By lhova 2015-06-28 20:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I must be slow or something because my manic hammers never give me decent mp back. Normally like 128 lol. Don't get what I'm doing wrong
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-28 20:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably just not gearing for it at all.
By lhova 2015-06-28 20:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Probably just not gearing for it at all.

Seriously? What specific gear does it require?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-28 20:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My hammers are normally 1k+ MP return, and often a full restore if I'm fighting something not resistant to light. You'll want to treat the spell just like any nuke, with plenty of macc and MAB. As for my CP spot, I normally go to Woh Gates bats if I intend to melee, but cleaving those is also a very good idea if you have a good DT set for pulling.

With how powerful our new nukes are, I'd be interested to test magic setups more thoroughly.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-28 21:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
My hammers are normally 1k+ MP return, and often a full restore if I'm fighting something not resistant to light. You'll want to treat the spell just like any nuke, with plenty of macc and MAB. As for my CP spot, I normally go to Woh Gates bats if I intend to melee, but cleaving those is also a very good idea if you have a good DT set for pulling.

With how powerful our new nukes are, I'd be interested to test magic setups more thoroughly.

You're forgetting something.

You can have a full Magic attack bonus set, but still be using swords, and still get crap for damage.

You need clubs with magic damage on them. BLU nukes, including magic hammer have low base damage that needs to be buffed with magic damage (dual wield clubs), then they do lots of damage.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-06-28 21:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

go to moh gates the section where you need to kill the WKR in morimor to enter. you go in there and there is a camp with leaches and efts I went in there on drk with cor trust for exp roll and chaos roll along with extra dmg it does. and then had ulmia and whm and rdm trust out with cp ring I would be getting 4k cp a kill. if you find 1 person to duo with and have the trusts out you can gain CP fast. I also had the 30% cp cape you buy from AH and had all ROE bonuses from reives
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-28 22:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I must be slow or something because my manic hammers never give me decent mp back. Normally like 128 lol. Don't get what I'm doing wrong

If you're doing it on frogs, they'll pretty much floor the damage since they heavily resist light damage. With your gearset in your OP, that'd probably be my guess.
By lhova 2015-06-29 17:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my magic hammers have been giving me full mp on acuex. Only issue I have now is the fact that when I aoe thermal pulse or diffusion ray the damn twitherym aggro and they aren't easily dealt with with magic lol. Next time I'll be sure to eat sushi and melee them down. I couldn't even build a decent chain.
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-06-30 19:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i have 3 camp i like, but i use subduction a lot. Bat camp if there is no PT is easy camp take about 3-4 subduction to kill bad part is can't use magic hammer, camp2 Fort Henn BIV3 to beam me up. there a lot crabs, efts and if you need MP there is worm you can use magic hammer on. last camp is Fort Henn Biv 4 to the old camp of fish and crabs. you can also use magic hammer to get full MP back. But you need to have a lot MAB and Macc to solo those camps. easy about 20-25 CP with ring+cape(50%).
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-30 19:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Woh gates. Worms or acuex
By lhova 2015-07-01 10:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the time limit on the CP chain is so strict compared to the limit chain. If I kill too fast or other people are at my camp I can run out of mobs and lose my chain waiting for/traveling to a respawn

is the time limit for CP chain 60 seconds to kill the next mob?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-01 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is the time limit for CP chain 60 seconds to kill the next mob?
Not really sure, it's quite lenient up until about chain 20, then it drops to something like 20-30 seconds, maybe less.
By lhova 2015-07-01 10:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

CHENGMIKEY said: »
i have 3 camp i like, but i use subduction a lot. Bat camp if there is no PT is easy camp take about 3-4 subduction to kill bad part is can't use magic hammer, camp2 Fort Henn BIV3 to beam me up. there a lot crabs, efts and if you need MP there is worm you can use magic hammer on. last camp is Fort Henn Biv 4 to the old camp of fish and crabs. you can also use magic hammer to get full MP back. But you need to have a lot MAB and Macc to solo those camps. easy about 20-25 CP with ring+cape(50%).

So at Fort Henn Biv 4 aren't those mob pretty low level? I was killing some mobs near the secret beach and they would die in 4 Subductions but were only giving 540 CP per kill with ring and +44 cape, and gifts.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-07-02 01:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I get my CP in Sih Gates. I was just spamming bats and leeches til new spells were added. No alternate Searing Tempest and Spectral Floe on acuex. Magic hammer to full mp and repeat till. Usually about 10 per hour. Spectral hits acuex for 10k searing for 8-9k-ish. If you find you are killing mobs too fast throw the leeches and bats in too. They can get it too. Happy hunting. (Btw. the entrance is in C. Battleground southern warp.)
By lhova 2015-07-02 06:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »
I get my CP in Sih Gates. I was just spamming bats and leeches til new spells were added. No alternate Searing Tempest and Spectral Floe on acuex. Magic hammer to full mp and repeat till. Usually about 10 per hour. Spectral hits acuex for 10k searing for 8-9k-ish. If you find you are killing mobs too fast throw the leeches and bats in too. They can get it too. Happy hunting. (Btw. the entrance is in C. Battleground southern warp.)

Thanks for the info! Quick question though, you are getting 10 cp an hour even though double cp ended?
First Page 2 3