Best Spot To Get The New Dual Elemental Spells?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Best spot to get the new dual elemental spells?
Best spot to get the new dual elemental spells?
 Bismarck.Boredkender
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Boredkender 2015-06-29 18:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I had good luck getting wind weather pretty frequent in Yahse Hunting Grounds, just south of BV1 is where one of the elementals spawn. Another spawns just south of BV3
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-29 18:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres 2 elementals near Yahse FS, one in the clearing at J-8 and another on the beach at K-8. Close enough to grab both while weather is up.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-30 10:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't get wind weather today in Sih gates I'll switch to Yahse.
Thanks you two =)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-30 15:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Learned Silent Storm!!!

Info should be up on the wiki soon.

All that remains is Blinding Fulgor. Either Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia or get lucky in Yahse looks like it.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-06-30 16:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get 2 people to help you for like 30mins or so, try Vagary - Duskbrood entrance. 1 Baelfyr is with the first set of elementals and is a better use of your time/gil imo.
They're not too hard to solo but you'll probably want to /nin so you can absorb the single target magic and heal yourself via sanguine blade. Took me 3 runs or so to get Ungewender and Baelfyr spells (I keep falling asleep waiting for thunderstorm to happen lol).
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-30 17:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Learned Silent Storm!!!

All that remains is Blinding Fulgor. Either Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia or get lucky in Yahse looks like it.

5 minute duration silence on that sucker. 3 minute duration attack down on Scouring Spate. Some nice long durations on these new spells. I should check out some of the others, hadn't really paid much attention to the effects other than the ones I cared about.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-30 18:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Learned Silent Storm!!!

5 minute duration silence on that sucker. 3 minute duration attack down on Scouring Spate. Some nice long durations on these new spells. I should check out some of the others, hadn't really paid much attention to the effects other than the ones I cared about.

I can help :)

Spectral Floe's terror lasts about 4 seconds.
Entomb's petrification lasts 1 second...

Haven't tested the rest much.
Atm I'm sticking with Silent Storm. Finally a good silence for BLU; and the damage is great too!
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-30 18:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Entomb's petrification lasts longer than 1 second. Just goes off if you do any dmg at all to the mob lol
By Takisan 2015-06-30 20:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Outer Ra'Kaznar upper floor I found Brygen's at H-6 and Fluturini at G-6. There might be a closer/easier to reach spot.

Zoning into Sih Gates from Ceizak Battlegrounds, a wind/thunder hybrid was visible on wide-scan around E-6 and water weather happened later and I found a water/ice hybrid so you can get both of those there. I don't remember the position of the water/ice as I already had both spells from that but wide-scan from F-5 or E-6 and you should see one.

J-6 in Foret de Hennetiel is also good for water/ice hybrids.

I am still looking for a good place to find fire weather but I think there just are none... It also sux that weather seems to last only 5 mins.
By Takisan 2015-06-30 21:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yahse Hunting grounds @ G-8 close to biv 3 Jungle Baelfyr and one pops close enough to biv 1 to see on wide-scan. Only had 5 mins of weather tho so wasn't able to find any more.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-30 22:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Entomb's petrification lasts longer than 1 second. Just goes off if you do any dmg at all to the mob lol

This, I've seen it for at least 1 min 20 secs, but likely it was same duration as Sleep II. Great for holding and relanding sleep a few seconds after petrify like Tenzen tarus.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-01 03:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

I've used Entomb numerous times on a group of enemies and petrifcation wore off on all of them simultaneously eventhough I was only attacking one enemy...
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-07-01 04:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

what about the flux#15 from WoE? granted you have to deal with the caturae too but there's 3 of each dual-elementals there and they definitively use their TP move.
or is there any reason why it's a bad option? save that you probably dont want to try that during the upcoming surge campaign
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-01 04:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unable to learn blue magic from WoE.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-01 04:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Unable to learn blue magic from WoE.

I'm not sure WHY though.
I mean, you can learn magic in Besieged, Assault, Skirmish, Dynamis, Limbus etc etc
Why not in Walk of Echoes?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-01 04:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Info is up now for Silent Storm:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Storm

Just one more spell to go and wiki will be up-to-date on Blue mage spells again =)
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-01 05:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Ceizak Battlegrounds and Yahse for wind elementals. :)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-01 07:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Don't forget Ceizak Battlegrounds and Yahse for wind elementals. :)

I didn't ^^;
I'm going to add more elementals to the lists for all spells later, but some of them don't exist on the wiki, so I need to add those first.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-07-02 01:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't really make alot of sense to me to run all over Vanadiel looking for these things when they are available in the Alluvion skirnish the BLU dominates. Just grab a couple friends or strangers do a 131 Yorcia ring or cape. Gather enough points to bring the stronghold down to 1%. Then just spend the rest of the time spell farming. The mobs will endlessly respawn. There all 8 spells, easy as pie. If you got support can even get Palling Salvo there too.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-02 02:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »
It doesn't really make alot of sense to me to run all over Vanadiel looking for these things when they are available in the Alluvion skirnish the BLU dominates. Just grab a couple friends or strangers do a 131 Yorcia ring or cape. Gather enough points to bring the stronghold down to 1%. Then just spend the rest of the time spell farming. The mobs will endlessly respawn. There all 8 spells, easy as pie. If you got support can even get Palling Salvo there too.

If you don't have a lot of time it's sometimes better to pick a camp and just sit there (after you check weather of course).
In the weekend days I'm doing Alluvion Skirmish =)
By makenshi123 2015-07-04 05:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have managed to get every spell apart from the 2 from Baelfyrs. So far the only place i have seen fire weather was once in Moh Gates.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-07-05 17:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

makenshi123 said: »
I have managed to get every spell apart from the 2 from Baelfyrs. So far the only place i have seen fire weather was once in Moh Gates.

Adoulin spots that can have fire weather, according to friends and people who've posted on the forum:

Ceizak (rare)
Yahse (rare)
Moh Gates (fairly rare)

Your best bet is probably Alluvion Skirmish Yorcia (tier 3 or higher) with some friends. Not incredibly hard once you got a good army going.

I did this myself 3 times now and learned Searing Tempest on the 2nd run. Still no luck on Blinding Fulgor though...
By CHENGMIKEY 2015-07-05 20:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont understand something.... best spot.. just go to yorcia weald skirmish and call it a day. i think if you really want the spell and really want the best spot ask a friend 3-3-3 ring or cape go in and go to town. i learn all my spell in 2 run.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-07-05 20:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »

If you don't have a lot of time it's sometimes better to pick a camp and just sit there (after you check weather of course).
In the weekend days I'm doing Alluvion Skirmish =)

It took me like 15 minutes to learn all the spells in skirmish except saurian slide. Don't understand why people are still trying to figure this out when its been said 50 times.
[+]
By makenshi123 2015-07-06 11:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Alluvion Skirmish and got instantly rekt.

Then i went back to Moh Gates, fire weather was happening and i learned both spells in 2 kills.
By lhova 2015-07-08 14:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, not to hijack this thread but can someone post spell sets that they are using for these new spells, specifically for BR2 salvage and Yorcia Skirm? I've been using Spectral and Searing for acuex farming in Sih gates but wasn't sure of best setup. Thanks.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-08 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A good magic spellset is really not difficult. Select the elements you will be nuking and get the strongest spells of that type. Make sure to have at least Dual Wield 1 set if not /nin or /dnc. Then stack basically every MAB trait spell possible, and our new macc trait if neecessary. Add in buffs and defensive abilities as needed. That's literally it.

For salvage, if you're cleaving, you really don't need a dedicated spellset. Just put subduction into your regular TP set and you're done. Not like you'll be cleaving consistently or anything, just a few pulls and it's done. This way also avoids the irritating cooldown.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-07-08 22:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i found just going inner easier to get too all the dead ends started piss me off in outer lol.

but they hit pretty hard so i would take Saline coat magic barrier and Phalanx cool thing is your magic barrier stacks with amchuchus if he uses it.

now i need find the fire/light ones.....
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-07-19 00:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, for those wondering about spawn points for Baelfyrs, I can confirm 3 in Moh Gates. One's at I-8/I-9 in the room with the Panopts, and there's 2 behind a Colonization Reive at I/J/K-8 (near the ??? for the RUN AF1 quest). Had weather forecasted so I went and camped out there. Got 3 elementals in one wave of weather but no learns (even though I learned all the others on 1st or 2nd try...). Another short wave of weather a couple minutes later I got only 1 elemental, but did learn the fire spell. Hoping to get lucky and have some more pop soon...
[+]
By Zacas1 2015-07-19 03:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also one that spawns in the room of Efts at H-5... and in the room with raptors/matamata at F/G-7... along with an Ungeweder in the room at G-6... ended up giving up and doing Yorcia Skirmish with some friends after not having much luck on those.
[+]