Forum » FFXI » General » Exp lvl 90+
Exp lvl 90+
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-26 02:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to finish my last job (run), and I'm wondering if anybody can tell me a good place to solo exp from lvl 90 and up? Up until now I've been in Escha, but at the moment everything either checks EP/DC, or IT - which makes it take forever to kill.
 Seraph.Jdeep
Server: Seraph
user: jdeep
By Seraph.Jdeep 2015-06-26 03:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

dangruf wadi (crabs h3) 90-92
Fei yin (bats j7) 92-94
gustav tunnel (worms K7 second map) 94-99
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2015-06-26 03:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm partial to beetles/pugils in toraimarai from 90-94/5 and then worms/tigers at gustav to 99. I think you can get away with just doing adoulin from like 92 or so too.
 Asura.Ajirha
Server: Asura
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-06-26 04:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

with trust, even naked save for a weapon, fei'yin has pots and bats that are lv 95-99. (use crystal to go to the bc, bats and pots are nearby. neither aggro save magic on pots. neither link.)
if you solo you should try to always aim for +4-5 lv
and once you get 92+, definitively adoulin and mandies or butterflies.
with escha ring, qultada, and kupofried and the moggle effect "bounty" from teh behemoth lamp, it will be 5-12k exp per mob.
expertise ring/emperor ring once escha wores off within 10-15 min of using it and any other leftover exp ring yuo might have.
By Wordspoken 2015-06-26 04:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently did this on RNG in Garlaige Citadel, bats/beetles 90-95 and finished in adoulin, crabs in Rala.

I was ok with taking my time to kill one mob as it netted 3-8k exp per kill (double exp campaign+echad ring, missing kupofried,qultada+couple of others).
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-06-26 04:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

97-99 works fine in boyada tre on puks, crawlers and crabs. Were getting 5-10k with ring on BLM
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-26 05:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 06:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have some voidwatch stones and an ilvl alt, buy jade cells and burn some VW city T4's. I don't know if the EXP is still competitive, but we leveled a friend's alt really quickly while getting it Anhur Robe.

Edit: looking at some old screenshots, Hahava appears to have given around 20K EXP per kill with decent lights. So, unless you can clear 15K EXP per minute on SoA mobs with the level deficit penalty, I'd imagine that's one of the better ways to burn a character 90-95.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-26 06:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

XP from Celaeno/Hahava/Voidwrought is still pretty decent, plus the mats sell if you're lucky enough to get a drop.

All three are easily duoable by any number of jobs; I regularly go NIN/WAR with a BLM/SCH and we can almost always cap lights as well. Soloing them on RUN is possible but also possibly impractical due to lack of procs and your level.

Coalitions can get you a fair amount of XP, doing Courier's to Kamihr Drifts if you've progressed that far.

Walk of Echoes non-surge walks give you 15k per flux soloing, and trust can be used. Rune, even a non ilvl one, is able to do WoE pretty easily. Just don't try any of the surges.

You can train Abyssean mobs and Shockwave cleave also. Just make sure you pick something that won't resist sleep.