New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » June Version Update
June Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Draylo 2015-06-25 01:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47481-Jun-25-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=552776#post552776
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-06-25 01:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

they removed Bait and Jerkin from auto-translate :(
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 01:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to live in a world without Gearswap...
 Ragnarok.Zyla
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zyla
By Ragnarok.Zyla 2015-06-25 02:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but laugh every time this happens and be thankful i just use windower macros instead
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-06-25 02:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Liking the looks of this update so far, hopefully the Escha fixes get people on Siren interested. But until then I'm just trying to decipher this...

Quote:
When fishing, the player will appear to stop moving when reeling in a fish for an extending period of time would .
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 02:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but laugh that you can't benefit from quick magic while still swapping into full potency before cast, etc. etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Edane
Server: Leviathan
user: edane
By Leviathan.Edane 2015-06-25 02:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the Mdomo Axe +1 from UNM Wajaom.

DMG: 155 Delay: 268 Axe skill +242 Parrying skill: +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Reward" +15
Pet: Attack +21 Ranged Attack +21 "Magic Atk. Bonus" +16
Unity Ranking: Enmity -3~7
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2015-06-25 02:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
I can't help but laugh that you can't benefit from quick magic while still swapping into full potency before cast, etc. etc.

actually you can
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 02:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »

actually you can

I highly doubt that.

*Unless of course you misunderstood who that statement was directed at, in which case you didn't realize he's referring to people who use oldschool windower macros and not gearswap.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2015-06-25 03:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »

actually you can

I highly doubt that.

while it's usually impractical to run precast sets with the in-game equipment sets because of the 1-second wait before being able to re-swap, you can in fact swap from quick magic gear into potency gear and still receive benefits upon proc with vanilla macros or Windower macros, provided there's no /waits. It's not hard to test.
By jankenpoy 2015-06-25 03:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone has an updated zip file? please share it... 9 hours on my update. /sigh.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-25 03:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

actually you can

I highly doubt that.

while it's usually impractical to run precast sets with the in-game equipment sets because of the 1-second wait before being able to re-swap, you can in fact swap from quick magic gear into potency gear and still receive benefits upon proc with vanilla macros or Windower macros, provided there's no /waits. It's not hard to test.

Even if that's the case, it falls behind in so many other categories that it's not even worth debating. It's been a long time since I've used windower macros, but I remember having issues swapping club/shield to staff/grip and back again successfully.

Regardless of that single scenario, the point remains; Having Gearswap 99% of the time is better than sucking 100% of the time.
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2015-06-25 03:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SE gave us chairs because they thought we could use one from standing around AFK all day in port Jeuno
[+]
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-25 03:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

actually you can

I highly doubt that.

Even if that's the case, it falls behind in so many other categories that it's not even worth debating. It's been a long time since I've used windower macros, but I remember having issues swapping club/shield to staff/grip and back again successfully.

Regardless of that single scenario, the point remains; Having Gearswap 99% of the time is better than sucking 100% of the time.
[/b]

Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-06-25 04:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Item-related
New items have been added.

Joyeuse 2

God finally. Been waiting so long for this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 04:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

One can assume it will come from the Kraken Unity in SSG, HQ Charby and what not.

New best off-hand for sword users potentially.

EDIT: New Joytoy stats:

Demersal degen +1:
DMG 110, delay 218, darkness resist+25
sword skill+242
parry skill+242
magic acc skill+188
occ att twice
unity ranking: "Fast Cast"+1~3%
war/rdm/pld/brd/drg/cor/dnc
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-25 04:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
One can assume it will come from the Kraken Unity in SSG, HQ Charby and what not.

New best off-hand for sword users potentially.

EDIT: New Joytoy stats:

Demersal degen +1:
DMG 110, delay 218, darkness resist+25
sword skill+242
parry skill+242
magic acc skill+188
occ att twice
unity ranking: "Fast Cast"+1~3%
war/rdm/pld/brd/drg/cor/dnc

BLU X ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-25 04:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Food and status enhancements will no longer disappear when Geas Fete begins.
This was soooo dumb, glad they fixed it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 04:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well BLU was never going to be on it, SE showed with the Jugo Kukri they won't put new jobs on new versions of pre-existing weapons.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-06-25 04:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal quality versions of gear from Wajaom Woodlands Unity Concord Wanted NM Kubool Ja’s Mhuufya

Mdomo axe

Zwazo earring

<Lineage from Zoraal Ja’s axe / Fowling earring>

:3
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 04:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look something new for a BDT- set.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 04:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

actually you can

I highly doubt that.

Woah dude. I was just being a smart ***. Seriously, people suck 100% of the time when they don't use gearswap? Go tell that to some of those crazy JPs who menu select all their spells and solo things there are still players who fail to beat in parties. Sure those players "suck" but so does friggen menu selecting EVERYTHING.

I mean gearswap is awesome and I live by it on this game, but if anything the great players who use it suck in comparison to the great players who don't.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-25 04:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus H Christ, more BST stuff.

Not impressed, SE.

However, Joytoy v2 will be pretty nice.

And if they're removing the time gate almost completely for mythics, then they really ought to do something similar for Ergons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-25 05:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Not impressed, SE.

And if they're removing the time gate almost completely for mythics, then they really ought to do something similar for Ergons.

I speak for the entire end game BST community when I say we would have rather kept Spur and not gotten any of this new ***.
By Nyruul 2015-06-25 05:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Not impressed, SE.

I speak for the entire end game BST community when I say we would have rather kept Spur and not gotten any of this new ***.

Why hasn't BST got nerfed somewhere in between where it was and it is now? I think it's awesome to shine light on pet jobs finally but BST is absolutely disgusting right now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 05:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Not impressed, SE.

Why hasn't BST got nerfed somewhere in between where it was and it is now? I think it's awesome to shine light on pet jobs finally but BST is absolutely disgusting right now.
Because people haven't bitched enough about it like with Rudra's.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-06-25 05:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

let the tears flow
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nyruul
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nyruul
By Quetzalcoatl.Nyruul 2015-06-25 05:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
let the tears flow

If there are any tears shed it's for how this is the last resort for a lot of players in dying servers where once prowess end game linkshells can hardly motivate to do anything and few players want to play support roles in pick up groups or casual shells lol.
 Ragnarok.Zyla
user: Zyla
By Ragnarok.Zyla 2015-06-25 05:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

actually you can

I highly doubt that.

Woah dude. I was just being a smart ***. Seriously, people suck 100% of the time when they don't use gearswap? Go tell that to some of those crazy JPs who menu select all their spells and solo things there are still players who fail to beat in parties. Sure those players "suck" but so does friggen menu selecting EVERYTHING.

I mean gearswap is awesome and I live by it on this game, but if anything the great players who use it suck in comparison to the great players who don't.
i'm inclined to agree with nryuul here. just cause someone doesn't use gs doesn't mean they suck at the game. i don't use it, and while i'm not some amazing badass that solo's everything, i like to think i'm not bad at the game either. my windower macros cover everything i need to do, and i rarely have any issues pop up where the gear i want switched doesn't switch out when i need them to. windower macros are just fine if you don't feel like bothering with the hassle of learning gs stuff
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-25 05:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a very big generalisation, I would argue that Gearswap serves to enhance good players by turning multiple inputs into 1 single input and allowing for utilisation of gear that would be otherwise difficult to use.

For example, you cast a spell in gearswap, you can gear for fastcast/quick magic with the knowledge gearswap will successfully swap into your midcast set regardless of how fast you cast, even with an instacast proc.

Give Gearswap to a bad player and they probably aren't utilising these sets that make Gearswap such a powerful tool. On the flipside, good players who don't use Gearswap will still be good, they just might not be able to carry out all the actions/swaps they want to.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6