users online
Forum » FFXI » General » solo lvlin help
solo lvlin help
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-06-21 16:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

looking for some info on improving efficiency of solo leveling for my char. I currently need to finish off rdm from 90-99, but there are other low lvl jobs as well. Im still mostly unable to play to often atm. So semi active is an over statement. So iv missed a bit in terms of updates, changes, and trusts.

Current trusts: Shantotto, Naji, Kupipi, Excenmille, Ayame, Nanaa Mihgo, Curilla, Volker, Ajido-Narujido, Trion, Zeid, Lion, Tenzen, Mihli Aliapoh, Valaineral, Joachim, Naja Salaheem, Ingrid, Lehko Habhoka, Luzaf, Najelith, Aldo, Moogle, Fablinix, D. Shantotto, Star Sibyl, Karaha-Baruha, Areuhat, Uka Totlihn, Kuyin Hathdenna, Abenzio, Rughadjeen, Lhe Lhangavo, Mayakov, Brygid, Mildaurion.

Finished Alduion missions, and just heard about the rhapsodies KI benefits, so im working on that. And obviously since its for jobs that arnt lvled, they are not rly equipped. - Had tried earlier and wsa getting about 700/kill. But kills were taking a while.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-21 18:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess ya missed out on Kupofried, Qultada, and the Vana'clock, which'll lower your exp gain, but at least you can use good trusts for damage. Do the Rhapsodies missions for a permanent +90% exp bonus.

Depending on what job and level you are, maximizing attack speed is one of the most important things you can do. You don't seem to have Prishe, Ulmia, or Cherukiki (can acquire all 3 if you've beaten CoP), the latter 2 being great support trusts.

Ulmia will use double Marches except under 3 conditions: One, you or the mages are having MP issues (she'll use Ballad); Two, you are weakened or hit with max HP down (she'll use Scherzo if high enough level); Three, you are a RNG or COR (she'll use Prelude). Note that she doesn't have any song bonuses (like how real BRDs use real instruments), so the haste values from her marches add up to about 15.7%. Can be paired with Joachim to more reliably maintain Marches, though Joachim tends to be more erratic with his song choices, and never does double March. Joachim does have the advantage of using Elegy and will cast cures and status removal as /WHM.

Cherukiki or Karaha-Baruha (both are WHMs) will cast Haste on you and your party, so I'd recommend one of those if you're unable to cast it yourself. Karaha is generally better, having auto-Refresh, Spirit Taker, and barspells, though he'll also melee so if you fight stuff that has aoe regular attacks, he'll be vulnerable. If your Unity is Aparuru, her trust (unlocked for earning enough Accolades) will be your top WHM by far. Many people changed to her Unity just for her trust.

For DDs, it's hard to say which is the most useful, but I'd recommend anything that takes advantage of your job or enemies. If fighting stronger enemies, you'll want a tank trust (Gessho being one of the better ones you can acquire freely). Use piercing guys if you fight bats, flies, birds, etc. Ayame is fond of opening a skillchain for you, which can be ideal for a job like THF or DNC. Zeid II (earned through Rhapsody missions) will try to close SCs as best he can and will also try to stun enemy WSs. Some trusts also have a bonus when used together (ie: Serpent Generals), so try a few combinations out.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-06-21 19:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the input.

just finished the chapter 1 rhapsidites, so i got all those bounces and lion II and zeid II trusts.

I did finish CoP long time ago. I guess i just have to find out where to grab those trusts from. I havnt checked but im guessing Gessho is from completing ToAU? I have that finished, so im hoping so at least'
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-21 19:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Prishe: Check her door in Tavnazian Safehold
Ulmia: Check the Snowmint Point (the CS gate from CoP missions) in Misareaux Coast. I think you might have to have acquired Prishe first, dunno
Cherukiki: Talk to one of those chef guys in Ru'Lude Gardens palace (right from that staircase)
Gessho: Just need to have beaten the Ashu Talif fight I think. Check the "cushion" in the teahouse in Whitegate
Nashmeira: Requires having beaten ToAU, check the Imperial Whitegate where you normally do mission stuff

Can also get Lilisette for having beaten WotG, and heading to Walk of Echoes (Grauberg) for an easy BC. This also gives you Cait Sith as a summon.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-06-21 20:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

got prishe ulmia cherukiki gessho and nashmeira. Looks like theres a lot of storyline trusts... Could take forever to get them all'
By dustinfoley 2015-06-22 05:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of story line trusts, Adoulin story if soloable with trusts for the most part. The final reward after rings, is a rdm trust who will use haste 2.

I recomend
RDM (SoA) + tank (trion) + whm (cherukki)+bard (ulmia)

Once you no longer need a tank, you can replace trion for the DD of the day, and once you get high enough you can use a second support trust (cor/kupofried/moogle/star sybl etc)
By geigei 2015-06-22 05:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1.Apururu
2.Amchuchu
3.Koru-Moru
4.w/e
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-06-22 06:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rahal, Koru-Moru, Lion II and Ulmia

Thats my usual line up although I do sometimes switch Rahal for Gessho
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-22 07:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the trusts you already have, I recommend;
Gessho + Karaha (or just swith to Apururu unity) + Ulmia + Joachim

Koru-moru would replace Joachim if you did't miss out the chance to get him. For tank, I prefer Amchuchu over Gessho, but Gessho has his uses too and apparently you missed Amchuchu anyway. Depending on job/camp, you can also drop tank for another support. There were also Qultada and Kupofried for xp/cp bonus.

They will probably make exclusive trusts much easier to be obtained until November, so keep an eye out for those.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-06-22 08:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

as far as i remember, i have completed all storylines. So if i dont have a trust from that i should still be able to go get it.

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
They will probably make exclusive trusts much easier to be obtained until November, so keep an eye out for those.

hope so. Even while i couldnt rly play i had been logging in for campaign points etc. I though i got most of the trusts. Never realized i missed so many.