Getting Ready To Come Back - What Did I Miss?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Getting ready to come back - What did I miss?
Getting ready to come back - What did I miss?
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2015-06-20 15:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well some of you may know me or not but I stopped playing around a year ago I believe. The last thing I remember was they added the 2nd set of job point abilities.

I heard that they made it easier to make a mythic so that has gotten me a bit curious. I'm wondering what other major changes that y'all enjoy from the last year.

Think I'll be up and running in a couple days so hopefully I'll see a lot of familiar faces.
By Draylo 2015-06-20 15:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to use trusts in high-tier battles makes it a lot less stressful to solo or low man certain ones.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-20 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I don't think you should miss much since it's -50% evasion at the start. Unless your gear is horrible, you should be able to have enough accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Feint
By Lakshmi.Feint 2015-06-20 15:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

oh that is cool and what are you talking about mahayaya?
 Ragnarok.Zyla
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zyla
By Ragnarok.Zyla 2015-06-20 16:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd say the biggest thing you've missed out on is probably some fairly useful trust npcs if you've been gone for around a year, most everything else should be fairly accessible.

if you have gil to invest you should be able to make some up to date gear easily with a few yorica II runs for gear to augment.

also not sure exactly when incursion was implemented, but if you weren't around for that then i'd advise getting an aptitude mantle +1 if you don't have ppl willing to help you farm the cp cape from incursion.

other than that, once you have some up to date gear i'd focus on getting some vagary wins to access the empy armor upgrades. think that should about cover it, good luck!
 Lakshmi.Feint
By Lakshmi.Feint 2015-06-20 16:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zyla said: »
i'd say the biggest thing you've missed out on is probably some fairly useful trust npcs if you've been gone for around a year, most everything else should be fairly accessible.

if you have gil to invest you should be able to make some up to date gear easily with a few yorica II runs for gear to augment.

also not sure exactly when incursion was implemented, but if you weren't around for that then i'd advise getting an aptitude mantle +1 if you don't have ppl willing to help you farm the cp cape from incursion.

other than that, once you have some up to date gear i'd focus on getting some vagary wins to access the empy armor upgrades. think that should about cover it, good luck!

Very informative...thank you.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-06-20 17:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Feint returns.

Everything's easy now. They introduced/introducing abyssea v2 now. Calling it Escha.
By swordwiz 2015-06-20 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking its more of a VW/delve spilt
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-06-20 17:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In the next upcoming update, they will allow trusts to be used in delve and incursion, which could help you farm some of the low tier delve nms for gear/accessories and farm coffers for capacity capes. However I think the restriction is still in place to have a minimum of three real life people enter.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47417
 Lakshmi.Feint
By Lakshmi.Feint 2015-06-20 18:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

oh that's interesting. wonder if they added a stun trust for tojil XD

hey there Aelius ^^
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-06-22 16:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeid can stun better than 95% of the people who play this game.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-22 17:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Zeid can stun better than 95% of the people who play this game.

Maybe because in theory a trust is a kind of bot?
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-06-23 01:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
oh that is cool and what are you talking about mahayaya?

This went completely over my head, too, at first, but I think it's supposed to be a joke about the thf job ability feint. Welcome back to the game.