Forum » FFXI » General » New High Tier Battlefields
New High Tier Battlefields
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-07-28 12:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive only done fenrir solo as bst and its not bad on normal. He is a lot like tojil in that the timing of his tp moves is easily predictable, allowing you to not get caught with your pants down mid ready move or something during a tp move. I tried to do bst, cor duo on D and got wrecked by poor timing on my part around 53%. I needed mulsums as reward timer wasnt fast enough. I have a good DT set but not perfect either so that would help some but even maxed out, id think you would need mulsums at times still. The biggest issue is using ready moves at the right times, preferrably while out of range of the dispel/1hr moves.

Im not the best bst out there, not even close, but i have some decent skirmish sets with pet acc, atk, DA, DT, capped reward pot/recast etc, so if you are a top end bst you may have an easy time with it on D, but that was my experience on D with a cor friend. Good luck if you try.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-07-28 15:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Can beast master solo these new avatars?

can't say for sure if bst can kill carby or fenrir, but I really doubt they can solo diabolos. that guy has some strange hate mechanics. bst friend of mine could not lose hate, no matter how much he tried. was dead in under a minute.
I soloed diabolos on rdm and saw the same thing. my run trust was flashing and provoking the whole fight, but diabolos never turned away from me. almost as if the first person who engages him owns him the rest of the fight.

From my own personal experience, I don't think pets (which must include Trusts) can get hate on Diabolos no matter what they do. On one of first runs on D as pld, whm, 2 bsts, cor, and rdm, we weren't positioned correctly, so everyone ended up getting hit by Nightmare. The pld ended up dying and after that, Diabolos went around killing everyone without ever looking at the pets.