New High Tier Battlefields
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 12:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer Verda!

Taking an army of Aegis paladins and Rune Fencers to Waking the Beast v2...

Diabolos v2 is gonna be a right pain in the *** if the floor vanishes like it did in the original.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything in Aby can be soloed with both eyes closed and 1 arm tied behind your back. Adding Trusts is a nice thought but not necessarily needed.

If they're going to make Cipher updates, allow us to pop Unity and Escha NM's solo with Trusts, and not require 3 people to do so.

Yes, not every NM is doable that way, but it would allow us to farm the T1's for gear without having to make 3-5 other people wait around for the Tribulens to go back down to 1000 Silt.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-09 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay for my server transfer and I'll join your Aegis army! o_O
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 12:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
/cheer Verda!

Diabolos v2 is gonna be a right pain in the *** if the floor vanishes like it did in the original.

Lol I'd pay to see that army :D Looking forward to it :)

Hey, we WILL need some TH in this...just don't die. ^.^
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-09 12:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
/cheer Verda!

Lol I'd pay to see that army :D Looking forward to it :)

Hey, we WILL need some TH in this...just don't die. ^.^
Make a RUN go /THF
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 12:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

/cheer Verda!

Nah, an army of SMN's alternating Perfect Defense + zerging with Flaming Crush will be the ticket.

o.o;
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-06-09 12:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

oh god please let the floor go "poof!" again!
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 13:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess this means I need to actually finish Waking the Beast, huh?

Anyone on Bahamut who's having trouble with it, poke me in /tell. We'll gang up on 'em.

Tidis: I'm broke or I would. :(

Avalon: don't steal my rune fencer thunder!! /cry

Besides, my run > my smn.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-09 13:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess this means I need to actually finish Waking the Beast, huh?

Anyone on Bahamut who's having trouble with it, poke me in /tell. We'll gang up on 'em.

Tidis: I'm broke or I would. :(

Avalon: don't steal my rune fencer thunder!! /cry

Besides, my run > my smn.

No. Give your SMN some credit!

Waking the Beast is easy and obviously soloable. The only sucky part is only being able to do it once a week.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 13:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I do find it easy. Some of the people I know do not, though, and it's them I help out.

And considering my SMN is barely rocking 109 gear and has less than 500 summoning magic skill in the best skill gear I have, I'll Resolution things to death with my 119 RUN. It's nice to not even lose stoneskin to an AF blood pact.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-09 14:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks Waking the Beast is only 6 man, and not 18 like the old one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-09 14:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sucks Waking the Beast is only 6 man, and not 18 like the old one.

I highly doubt we're going to see any more 18 man content.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-07-21 05:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

thank god he doesnt call the other avatars can you imagine lol.....

is there a cap on what diffculty you can get body armor or weapons?
been soloing VE only been gettin mats and rem got raped on fernir Easy solo lol.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-21 05:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no cap on getting gear. However the chances on VE and E are simply abysmal - like getting a Tartarus Platemail
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-07-21 05:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well good to know theres a slight chance lol.

i been trying on Blu on easy just i havent been able to do just yet.
much less normal
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-07-21 07:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The droprate on Normal even blows. Finally got all drops two days ago by spamming Normal solo and with people. Took probably 50ish runs to finally get the body - the last drop I needed.

Probably several jobs can solo on Normal with relative ease. I'm thinking RUN, NIN, RDM, and BLU. Videos online of a RDM soloing it without trusts even, but I bet the number of failed attempts would dash your hopes if you try to spam Difficult.

For BLU, just got to make sure trusts are positioned reasonably well and kill it before it wears you down. Keep Occultation up if he's on you. Set Zephyr Mantle for the times when he Roars back to back or does a Roar/Howling Moon in quick succession. I went /run for lux, and kept Unbridled available for using Uproot if he smacks me with Impact.

Lunar Roar stops the fight and Impact usually brings it to a crawl, so those are annoying. But the worst killers for me were Howling Moon and when I first started, Lunar Bay. These two are trust killers. Positioning is really important at the start so that he doesn't smack trusts with Lunar Bay before shell. Best to just engage and then turn into Shell is up so you don't feed it TP. After Lunar Roar I would immediately cast Flutter followed by an Occultation unless he hadn't done a Howling Moon in a while and in that case I'd Zephyr Mantle.

I used Amchuchu, Joachim, Koru-Moru, and Apururu in that order. That way usually only Amchuchu and Joachim would get hit with Lunar Bay at the beggining if Amchuchu still had hate. Diffusion Occultation helped keep her alive a bit easier while she puts up buffs. She adds a little damage and helps keep the NM off you which saves your MP for the later part of the fight when you'll be the one with hate. Warning, even with Tizona, MP loss after Howling Moons and sometimes frequent Lunar Roars can wear you down, so I recommend setting battery charge and/or use Zephyr Mantle more often.

Also, once you get hate, move Fenrir away from trusts and Amchuchu should follow along.

I tried with NIN/run once too (Utsusemi: San, but no great gear otherwise). It felt like it was easier and Fenrir spammed less moves due to the Subtle Blow that NIN gets. Amchuchu doesn't really help as much since you'll just want to shadow tank the whole time yourself. The biggest problem for me was that it took considerably more time to complete than BLU. The fight took between 15 and 16 minutes with NIN, and my BLU fights would last anywhere from 8-11 minutes in most cases. The main reason probably due to Impact and the fact that my BLU is better geared than NIN. I resorted to using Ichi a few times for safety due to Lunar Roars and not having Haste on to benefit from the recast of Haste II. You'll definitely want to avoid using San after Roars or you could be waiting on that timer for a long time.
By Chyula 2015-07-21 07:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

TH does effect drop rate in these fight you know, if you going to attempt solo spam then try spam VE,E,N on thf.
 Bahamut.Aelissa
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-07-21 08:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
TH does effect drop rate in these fight you know, if you going to attempt solo spam then try spam VE,E,N on thf.

please let us know here how it ends up for you... I have been doing these BCNM's for weeks now on easy and my god i just cannot get lucky enough to get 1 out of 3 items i'd like to get... X.X
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-07-21 08:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

With Normal, I think I got the sword in the first 5 runs, the head gear within 10 (2 actually back to back since a friend joined me shortly after getting the sword), got the cape after 20 or so, strap for friend after about 25, body for friend after 30ish, then around 45 for my strap, and finally 50ish for my body.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-07-21 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is hoping for,
Odin v3,
New sky/sea gods,
Some lvl135 HNM's, maybe SoA or escha zones?

Just hopeful thinking, if the game is about to stop getting major updates let's get stuff that will take us a while to get. Bring back some of the old stuff.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-07-21 09:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're actually trying to get drops, VE/E battlefields are a complete waste of time. Normal isn't terrible with TH2.

On that note, I think fenrir (on normal at least) is broken or something, he is a complete pushover to solo compared to other avatars on the same difficulty. His hitrate against my blu (no evasion gear setup) was terrible, and his elemental bloodpacts hit for far less than the others.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-07-21 21:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

just got Smn staff from Carby Easy... not what i was goin for but its something lol.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-28 08:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

All three of these can be duoed with THF/RUN and either RUN/WAR or PLD/WAR.

Carby's Searing Light has a disgusting range, and will probably kill your Trust if your tank isn't a rune Fencer using her JA to keep them safe. Not a huge issue if your duo partner intentionally dies to resummon.

Diabolos is ridiculously easy using the tank of your choice and a RNG/DNC. If you pull it to a corner, the RNG will be safely out of Nightmare range, allowing him/her to Waltz healing trust awake. Ruinous Omen can't kill you if you're healed, and I believe he only uses if the once.

For Fenrir, the key is smart positioning. Most of Fenrir's attacks are frontal or conal, and though he can hit a RUN hard /nin helps a lot here. Impact doesn't suck nearly as much as the full dispel does, but this fight isn't really difficult at all. Again, if trust die and are needed, by all means sacrifice the nontank to resummon.

Good MDT set required for the THF, of course.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-28 12:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can beast master solo these new avatars?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-07-28 12:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Can beast master solo these new avatars?

can't say for sure if bst can kill carby or fenrir, but I really doubt they can solo diabolos. that guy has some strange hate mechanics. bst friend of mine could not lose hate, no matter how much he tried. was dead in under a minute.
I soloed diabolos on rdm and saw the same thing. my run trust was flashing and provoking the whole fight, but diabolos never turned away from me. almost as if the first person who engages him owns him the rest of the fight.
First Page 2