Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-09 08:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Derp. Of course it wouldn't. I know how FFXIDB works, honest

I really didn't know the "there are no 100% drops" thing, though. Interesting.
The same way, when an item is in the pool, you have a chance for it to suddenly disappear when it's due to drop rather than being obtained by a player.

It's most notably seen in Sky above all areas. I believe it was "fixed" at some point, at least for the later content. I stopped paying attention after it was explained to be a basic mechanic that "couldn't be changed", though, so not sure.

Most of the time, the problem comes from what is positioned between the keyboard and the chair, so despite this bug being a reality I wouldn't even place it as the #1 reason when investigating. It would literally come last.
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-06-09 08:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Derp. Of course it wouldn't. I know how FFXIDB works, honest

I really didn't know the "there are no 100% drops" thing, though. Interesting.
The same way, when an item is in the pool, you have a chance for it to suddenly disappear when it's due to drop rather than being obtained by a player.

It's most notably seen in Sky above all areas. I believe it was "fixed" at some point, at least for the later content. I stopped paying attention after it was explained to be a basic mechanic that "couldn't be changed", though, so not sure.

Most of the time, the problem comes from what is positioned between the keyboard and the chair, so despite this bug being a reality I wouldn't even place it as the #1 reason when investigating. It would literally come last.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-09 08:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

this takes me back to an instance where Joyeuse didn't drop in the pool, naturally the person we were out there for didn't have it, so
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-09 12:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Isn't that supposed to be if everyone has an earring, one can't drop? 'cause I did not have a Pixie Earring anywhere in my inventory.
/itemsearch "pixie earring"

I assure you one was not in my inventory. Otherwise this thread would not exist.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-09 16:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when fate seem to be with me and my Behemoth Suit +1 grants me a Savory Shank, I still can't get a D Ring.