Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New gift spells
New gift spells
By Draylo 2015-05-28 11:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So SE plans to add another batch of gifts, these might include new spells. Just out of boredom, what would people wanna see for the last new spells (or abilities, but don't think they do that w/gifts) we'll probably get. I'm really geeked out by iconic stuff being added like when they did White Wind for BLU or Meteor for BLM. My personal preferences would be some ultimate spell types:

RDM - Doublecast JA (two spells at once for cost of one, so tier5 nuke x2) or Bravery/Faith
BLM - Ultima spell, Death spell or Different Meteor (Doomsday?) that doesn't rely on others.
WHM - Curaja being an AOE heal near curaga3/4 potency but strong regen effect.
DRK - "Dark" spell from past FF games that would benefit melee dmg somehow to be worth casting.
BRD -
NIN - Ninjitsu that creates weak clones of yourself like Gessho or strong nukes that increase certain dmg types like slashing.
SCH - Ultima? Maybe have to cast it with a BLM or something.
GEO - Movement speed buff lol.
SMN - BAHAMUT, but since they already said no... maybe at the highest gift you can unlock Alexander for regular use. I would say Odin too but mostly in the series hes been a show up > do thing > leave kind of deal.
BLU - Would be a huge list, so to keep it short I would like Mighty Guard, new move Shadow Flare, Spike Flail, Aqua Breath and Homing Missiles
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-28 11:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine if Darkness was put on a really long recast, and generates TP equal to damage done.

SMN could get Siren now.
By volkom 2015-05-28 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

deathspikes on drk
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-28 11:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
So SE plans to add another batch of gifts, these might include new spells. Just out of boredom, what would people wanna see for the last new spells (or abilities, but don't think they do that w/gifts) we'll probably get. I'm really geeked out by iconic stuff being added like when they did White Wind for BLU or Meteor for BLM. My personal preferences would be some ultimate spell types:

RDM - Doublecast JA (two spells at once for cost of one, so tier5 nuke x2) or Bravery/Faith
BLM - Ultima spell, Death spell or Different Meteor (Doomsday?) that doesn't rely on others.
WHM - Curaja being an AOE heal near curaga3/4 potency but strong regen effect.
DRK - "Dark" spell from past FF games that would benefit melee dmg somehow to be worth casting.
BRD -
NIN - Ninjitsu that creates weak clones of yourself like Gessho or strong nukes that increase certain dmg types like slashing.
SCH - Ultima? Maybe have to cast it with a BLM or something.
SMN - BAHAMUT, but since they already said no... maybe at the highest gift you can unlock Alexander for regular use. I would say Odin too but mostly in the series hes been a show up > do thing > leave kind of deal.
BLU - Would be a huge list, so to keep it short I would like Mighty Guard, new move Shadow Flare, Spike Flail, Aqua Breath and Homing Missiles

Broader use of Alexander would be nice. Perfect Defense is great and all but Alex has tons of potential to be a viable Avatar for regular use. Obviously he's light-based so BP's and Ward's would reflect that.

Holy III, Dia IV, Phalanx III (Yeah, right..), Enlight II, Banish V, Reflect, and so on.

Potential Wards might include Regen IV-ga, Sacrifice (Single target), etc.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-05-28 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

another set of gifts? where do you see these? I know they added more last update but where do you see that they want to add more?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-05-28 12:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In the freshly picked they stated the 2 new categories for the May update would be the last. So does that mean they are going to start expanding the caps on the categories?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-28 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard - Massacre Elegy
Ninja - Utsu type spell that absorbs AoE, or a JA that we can use before casting any tier Utsu that makes all shadows from that cast able to take AoEs. 5 min recast to prevent abuse. Jubaku: Ni!
Summoner - New BP for all existing, non-SP Avatars
Scholar - Ultima would be nice. Or any decent damage, non-elemental spell. A boost to Adoloquiem would be nice.
Ranger - JA that makes normal ranged attacks "element-less" like a ranged version of Muramasamune.
Corsair - Non-elemental Quick Draw shot.
[+]
By Panthur 2015-05-28 13:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For BST I'd like to see something like pet -dt, pet +hp%, pet double attack %. Other stuff, but those first 2 come to mind the most.
By Draylo 2015-05-28 13:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh I forgot about reflect

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-28 13:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is going to sound crazy, because I main Beastmaster...

Beastmaster needs nothing. It's already the most over powered job in the game. No other job can deal the kind of damage Beastmaster can while completely ignoring most game mechanics, full time dt- gear with no downside, self heal pets back to full hp(Or damn close) every minute or so, cleave massive amounts of 119+ mobs with no danger AND STILL TOP THE PARSE.

Beastmaster is an unstoppable force of unlimited death and destruction. Unleash is also the best damage dealing 1hr in the game. I don't think it's even remotely fair. It allows a single BST to do things that a full party cannot do.

The only thing I want for Beastmaster is new pets. Specifically a golden tiger from the Adoulin story missions. Morimar is clearly a Beastmaster, we should get his pet.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-28 13:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm - cure V

lel
[+]
By waffle 2015-05-28 14:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a jp dev post that mentions more gifts. Right now, gifts are capped to the categories with 550 jp spent meaning you've maxed out all jp. However they've said they're raising the cap to 20 at some point which means jp will go all the way up to 2100.

I can't imagine blu getting spells from gifts. There will probably be more blu spells, but will have to farm them from mobs like usual.

I'm not sure whether blm or sch would get ultima. Could be both. I think one of them should though.

It's sad that smn will never get bahamut or phoenix even though they should. After how long it took to get cait sith and atomos made, I don't imagine they will add any more avatars sadly.

They toyed around with an aoe raise for whm before but decided against it.

They thought about giving brd massacre elegy before. I don't know if they will though. It kind of seems like they backed away from it.

Reflect is in the dats, but if they put it in, I imagine run would be the job to get it.

Despite dia and bio going up to 5 in the dats, I don't see them giving rdm dia and bio iv or phalanx iii because then people would just demerit the earlier ones. SE should just uncap group 2 merits anyway, but it seems like they won't. If they want to replicate rdm's doublecast from other games, the closest mechanic in game would be to allow rdm to hit 50% quickcast. Right now a rdm could make a precast set with 80% fc and 19% qc, though you'd have to use a moonshade for that, and I wouln't recommend that. Otherwise you can have the same set with 16% qc. Maybe they could add quick as a spell, using temper as a blueprint.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-05-28 20:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the rest of the absorbs.
 Phoenix.Lujei
user: Lujei
By Phoenix.Lujei 2015-05-28 23:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Adloquium definitely needs a buff or a tier II. That would be a nice gift.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-29 04:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Some copied over from Dray, others modified.

RDM - Reflect
BLM - Death spell/ AM III
WHM - without any doubt in my mind, NEW banish/Holy Spells, IV V Ga III IV and Banishja/Holyga... its WAY long overdue, hell even the NPC in behemoth event use Banish IV ga 3 (which leads me to believe it IS coming soon.)

BRD - Cap point song? idk about brd
NIN - some kinda DD element that is worth casting
SCH - Ultima. , a new Stratagem that allows Ga'ing Elemental spells
SMN - new avatar "Siren" or "Phoenix"
BLU - Would be a huge list. agreed, never get tired of blu spells lol.
COR - Quick Draw II
PUP - Access to VI spells,Drain II, new attachment which will add Banish and remove Na spells (only on WHM frame) Acess to Curega, Attachment that will Raise a KO party member (similar to Furr coffin trust)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 05:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM - Cura 4
PUP - T6 for Spiritreaver, more Elemental points
BRD - Carnage Elegy, new tier of Requiem
GEO - T3 -ra spells
BLM - new tier of -ga spells, or T2 of -ja spells
SCH - T6 nukes
 Asura.Womwom
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-05-29 06:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
BRD - Carnage Elegy, new tier of Requiem

I think you mean Massacre Elegy?
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-05-29 06:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And here I am still waiting on Rasp II ._.
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-05-29 06:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh. Just because they said no to Bahamut being a summon before doesn't mean they can't change their minds. At the very least, they could make it a 1-hour summon like Odin/Alexander.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-29 08:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If any job gets Reflect, it should be Rune Fencer. And it'll probably be personal range only.

What I'd like to see:

RDM- Death, Curse, Plague. Real enfeebles for the real enfeebling job. Other mobs use this crap; it already exists.

WHM- An AoE raise would be cool, but I don't see it. Add a raise effect to Benediction? This would be nice. Faith and Bravery would be good.

BLM- Ultima should happen. Scathe a la FFXII was a good spell as well. T4 -gas...again this crap exists.

BLU- Mighty Friggin' Guard. Shinryu uses it, let us get it! The list of TP moves that should be learnable would be too long, but a few I'd like are the aforementioned Guard, Shah Mat, Phase Shift (lol), perhaps an UL spell from Odin, and Spike Flail.

BRD- Massacre Elegy exists, dammit. How about a march for rangers, too?

DRK- Curse could fit here as well, and so would crap that directly lowers defense.

NIN- Well, we did get Ut: San. How about Jubaku: Ni and a freaking SILENCE spell?!

SMN- Bahamut probably won't happen. Siren very well might. Phoenix could be cool if they decide to go that route in RoV. Though, things being what they are, Siren's AF will probably suck as I expect it to be a charm.

SCH- Ultima here maybe? T2 helices? Some nasty DoT unreplicated by anything else? Yes, please. OH AND CAN WE ACCESSION HASTE BECAUSE HASTEGA IS A THING SE.

RUN- Reflect, ReflectGA, a grip with parry rate similar to Ochain so I can say HEY LOOK YOU CAN TAKE RUN TO TANK ***LOL, some form of healing that isn't Regen IV, Decoy, and Bubble would be hilarious.

If I left anything out it's because it's 9am and I had like no sleep.
By Malebolge 2015-06-01 19:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
In the freshly picked they stated the 2 new categories for the May update would be the last. So does that mean they are going to start expanding the caps on the categories?
Their original vision for the system was a cap of 30 upgrades per category. I dunno if they'll bother with that, but they did say they'll be raising the cap and adding further Gifts to go with it (according to a dev post on the official forum replying to a question about "why is the second to last Gift a CP gain bonus?").
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-06-01 22:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

whm - barlightra, bardarkra, barslowra, amneasna (amnesia cleanse)

rdm - Old; probably too OP, would make super easy given time IE lowering content level from 132+ down to 119- over time.
By Elizabet 2015-06-01 23:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gift for summoner I would like: BP:Rage and BP:Ward now are charges (stacks independently) and stack up to 3. Charges regen 1 per the usual BP timer time.

That way you wouldnt have to ride the BP: Timer so hard and could choose to delay a little bit BP to either not screw other's SCs or to time a MB magic pact in... While not losing time since the BP timer would be ticking the next charge... Or you could choose to burst all 3 to do things like:

Shattersoul > FC > frag > FC > light > Metoer Strike (MB)

Would also help when you just buffed your party with like hastega2 5 sec ago and suddenly need to use a dispel pact or something.

Would help the job's reactibility much.

Outside of that once every 2 min burst scenario, in the long run it doesnt do much more since you only get a charge per BP timer like now.. but it makes it more worthwhile to use them in opportune moment. And it makes it so you avoid being punished (in terms of dps) by not riding the timer hard.

Could also open the door for more powerful pacts that use 2 or 3 charges at once. I mean scratch that gift part.. the whole BP timer should just be charges by default and powerfull pacts that uses more than 1 charges should be the gifts >.>;
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2015-06-02 04:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see GEO and maaaaybe RDM mains getting Stun as gift breaking any balance laws, not in this day and age.