Beastmaster vs. Escha-Zitah T1-T3+ NM's
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-28 10:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Those of us who have been closely following the Escha-Zitah chatter on BG (or here when people care to post) know that Beastmaster's are doing quite well against many Escha NM's.

Instead of having to filter through 25 pages of BG Escha postings looking for BST accomplishments and strategies, I thought it would be nice to have a centralized location for that information.

Please post the following information just for clarity. It doesn't necessarily need to be in the format listed as long as you include the information.

1.) NM name and tier.

2.) All possible drops (if known).

3.) The ideal Pet/Jug to use as well as a secondary choice.

4.) Detailed strategies for defeating the NM(s).

Example:

Shockmaw T3

Doyen Pants, Inspirited Boots, Dampener's Torque, etc.

Blackbeard Randy seems effective

(Strategy)

Btw, if anyone has detailed information on how to defeat Shockmaw using Blackbeard Randy, please post it.

Thanks to Sathicus for taking the pic.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-28 13:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Escha_-_Zi%27Tah Almost all of the drops have been compiled here at this point. I just use ctrl+f and type the name to find what I need.

As for strategies, we've killed everything but the Rabbit using only BST/PUP/SMN/COR/GEO. Only reason we haven't killed the Rabbit is because we only tried once. We have a strategy we're going to try this weekend that I believe will work. In the meantime, we'll compile our strategies for all the other nms.

I will say this with certainty though, The rabbit cannot be low manned. Due to the nature of the stupid thing and en-death, trying to low man the fight is going to boil down to being lucky enough for en-death to not proc. The effect seems to get stronger the lower his HP also. Maybe if you got lucky with enough everyone 1hring to keep timers reset, it could work. But that's still a strategy that requires luck and I do not believe in those kinds of strategies.
By SathQuetz 2015-05-28 16:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Escha_-_Zi%27Tah Almost all of the drops have been compiled here at this point. I just use ctrl+f and type the name to find what I need.

As for strategies, we've killed everything but the Rabbit using only BST/PUP/SMN/COR/GEO. Only reason we haven't killed the Rabbit is because we only tried once. We have a strategy we're going to try this weekend that I believe will work. In the meantime, we'll compile our strategies for all the other nms.

I will say this with certainty though, The rabbit cannot be low manned. Due to the nature of the stupid thing and en-death, trying to low man the fight is going to boil down to being lucky enough for en-death to not proc. The effect seems to get stronger the lower his HP also. Maybe if you got lucky with enough everyone 1hring to keep timers reset, it could work. But that's still a strategy that requires luck and I do not believe in those kinds of strategies.

Yeah I've been scribbling down stuff for rabbit too, probably not ALL pet jobs but mostly. Waiting to hear back from dasva before I can feel confident in a few of the strats though.

As far as BST in Escha, it's really just like BST in HTB or anywhere else.

Do you have a dedicated tank and are you fighting something other than a Tuiffaire? Use Randy.

Are you doing super lowman / only pets and support jobs? Got to *** each fight on a case by case basis. First time I do any fight low man or with pet tanking I use bird until the time that I feel I no longer need the bird, or cannot hold hate due to super high MEVA, or what have you. For most fights I just take info I gather while doing the first kills in generally larger parties (6-7 people). Generally it's hard to convince 5-6 other people who aren't pet-job enthusiasts to let me pet tank the highest tier of brand new content on first attempt, so whatever I learn (does the monster cast a lot? are AoEs rocking me? How many rewards have I used? Is the PLD getting shitfucked? etc) I then apply to what I know from previous experiences and decide what can and cannot be done.

For instance: I don't think Fleetstalker can be trioed currently (need more information on his gimmick). His EVA is insane, his MEVA is equally insane, and while he couldn't kill my Ibuki given all the time in the world, I also cannot land swooping / molting on him without GEO or COR buffs (even with HQ food). Currently, until I get a better feel for the fight, I'd be surprised if people take him down in 15 with < 5 people. PUP BST BST COR GEO using bolstered torpor, hq acc food, drachen/beast rolls will probably work, using regain roll on COR for LS and Water Shot.

I think Urmhallu would be rough trio. It's not that he hits hard, because he doesn't, but he has similarly ridiculous EVA as Fleetstalker. The frequency (and possibly range) with which he casts meteor also goes up a lot as his HP drops, as does his DEF/EVA. I think same setup for fleetstalker will work here, maybe BSTx2 GEOx2 if they have Idris and really good enfeeble gear. Really depends on how well tiger can eat hits over time + wild horns, not gonna get too far with other pets I don't think.

Bismarck is just a gigantic puss. There are no two ways about it. He won't turn to hit your pet, he has different positional attacks, so as long as you side/back tank him you wont get OHKO by breath. Nothing else he does even warrants mentioning provided you have a good DT set. I use maybe 3 rewards when trioing.

The HELM NMs besides rabbit are all super easy compared to like, Fleetstalker, as well. Pazuzu hits for negligible damage, only thing to watch out for is meteor, same as Skormoth. I haven't done pixies lowman, but can pretty much keep them proc'd for at least 50% of the fight with AoE and I've never had to use more than 1-2 rewards with my grasshopper tanking at least some of the time. Blazewing is seemingly proc'd by razor fang (possibly other ready moves? possibly other things?) which means it's the same as avatar HTB fights. Proc -> win. Suggested to have at least one bird pet if you are doing pet only since his Preying Posture move gives him like 5 buffs that make him hit hard af.

T1 and T2 are all pretty trivial. If you aren't sure of something, use the bird. Went into pretty much all T1/T2 blind as trio with the bird just to see what was up and ended up winning.

Long live Aegis bird. Long may he reign.

Edit: ::::DISCLAIMER::::

Going to add this just because if it's anything like people hopping on BST in my LS, there's gonna be some mad when people find out they can't do this.

Lowmanning these T3s REQUIRES that you have a good DT- set (probably at LEAST -30% DT before traits), a capped reward potency and recast set, very good ACC augments on your ready set, as well as probably a good MACC set if you want to tank with the bird.

It also should go without saying but you CANNOT deal enough damage in 15 minutes to trio these if you do not have at LEAST a 15s ready timer. You should have 10s though. You're not going to be putting out enough damage without having a decent amount of JP.

--

I don't want to discourage people from trying, obviously. If I didn't want people to know this was possible I wouldn't post pictures/strategies. Game is down to it's last legs so figuring out ways to allow people to get the most out of their playtime is something I am all about. I just don't want people hopping on their no-augment, no-JP BST and then getting upset because I (and others) told them it was possible.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-28 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SathQuetz said: »

[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-28 17:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Annnnnnnnnd now I have an avatar, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-28 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
SathQuetz said: »

I like the "Don't give a ***" sunglasses. Nice touch.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-28 19:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Urmhallu (T3 Behemoth) as BSTx3 GEO THF (for TH) and 2boxed COR mule.

It was rough, not gonna lie. Really rough, lol. Other BST died at least once each, not used to wild horn range or whatever, I don't know. Hate was ridiculously wonky. GEO pulled hate with torpor at like 30% after standing out of range for a solid 40% HP.

3x Tigers. Nothing special, just need a near perfect DT set I'd say. He actually killed one of my tigers doing amnesiac blast -> thunder V -> amnesiac blast within like 20s.

Specifically, it was this rough.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-28 20:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I now take back what I said earlier. Monkey can probably not be done with 5. 3x BST 2x GEO 1x COR 1x THF.

Won with 15s left. 1 GEO + THF dead the entire fight pretty much so effectively 5 people. His evasions is INSANE. Familiar HQ pet with 11 Drachen Roll still wasn't capped ACC. All BST had to unleash and still was the most stressful thing I've done in recent memory.

With any pet but bird he will kill your pets every time he chainspells. There is nothing you can do. Around -50% DT before SS trait and still OBLITERATED candi with his nukes.

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-05-28 20:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, you guys are putting in lots of good work!

Grats! :D
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-28 22:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! It's been fun!

Gonna try to convince the group to go for some HELM tomorrow since I want to try to help find the new VW bodies. Shame the rest of the drops from HELM NMs largely suck and we generally don't have a THF.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-29 05:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

It was rough, not gonna lie. Really rough, lol. Other BST died at least once each, not used to wild horn range or whatever, I don't know. Hate was ridiculously wonky. GEO pulled hate with torpor at like 30% after standing out of range for a solid 40% HP.

I remember my SILENCE on him lasting for maximum duration. Maybe GEO could do MACC/-MEVA for a sec and SILENCE it and go back to DD Auras to help make it easier on the pets?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-29 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

I remember my SILENCE on him lasting for maximum duration. Maybe GEO could do MACC/-MEVA for a sec and SILENCE it and go back to DD Auras to help make it easier on the pets?

For Fleetstalker the spells are absolutely a problem, but on Behemoth even using tiger it's sorta whatever. They don't hit very hard at all.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-29 17:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ended with just about 1 minute left. There was a lot of experimentation with this one, could probably do it faster next time.

Did 3x BST THF GEO COR. Started with Randy and as soon as preying posture was up he just started chopping through them quickly. Switched to bird, which took like no damage, but also did none. With 11 puppet roll + GEO MEVA- I would say the resist rate was about 40-60%, about 2.5k each (which isn't enough really) but added benefit of clearing the 4 buffs from preying posture.

Had Shiromochi +1 up when I took bird out, with Rolanberry +1 I think it'd end up being a much more viable option. But with all the pet enmity+ I have (thanks Nibiru tabar!) was still able to hold hate with bird at least. Had to switch back to randy for last 5% because the damage wasn't coming fast enough (other JPed BST switched to bird, BST with like 7 JP total stayed with randy so damage went down).

Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-29 18:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for being noob on GEO.

I take it COR did Pet ACC and Pet ATK rolls

But geo used what spells?

Accuracy really seems to be a big issue ws these T3s...
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-05-29 19:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For blazewing started with Torpor and switched to whatever geo MEVA- is. I don't know the name. Languor maybe?

And yes, with only Torpor OR Drachen Roll with HQ Shiromochi ACC is not capped on most of the T3 with perfect ACC gear. Run Wild is required if you do not have both GEO and COR, and once RW is down it's pretty funny.

We did Whale as BST BST THF (yes, trio with no GEO or COR) earlier using RW/Unleash/etc for giggles. Both our RWs ran out under 5%. That 5% took as long as the previous like 25%.
By Elizabet 2015-06-06 06:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw ppl throw RNGs on pazuzu and failed miserably. As of now I am not sure what would work better than throwing a few SMNs at it. Problem is, there arent a lot of us SMNs out there. I need more BST Friends who are actually interested in Escha >.<
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-06 08:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that RW and Unleash make basically everything doable low man. The trick now is beating the fights without them without having support.

Interesting note, Falkirk, myself and one other LS member noticed that water based ready moves hit the monkey very hard. Purulent Ooze was hitting for around 8k, and Acid Spray was doing 6 with no magic based buffs/debuffs. Tried to magic burst one using mandy I think, but his evasion is so damn high we couldn't get the skillchain going. Also, Spider and Mandy die hella fast to fire magic, so probably not viable.

Seems the best way to deal with the monkey is to use slug pets, COR doing companions and Puppet, Geo using m.eva down. Full m.acc gear is probably also ideal, along with rolanberry. Familiar at the start is also probably a good idea.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-06 11:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that RW and Unleash make basically everything doable low man. The trick now is beating the fights without them without having support.

Interesting note, Falkirk, myself and one other LS member noticed that water based ready moves hit the monkey very hard. Purulent Ooze was hitting for around 8k, and Acid Spray was doing 6 with no magic based buffs/debuffs. Tried to magic burst one using mandy I think, but his evasion is so damn high we couldn't get the skillchain going. Also, Spider and Mandy die hella fast to fire magic, so probably not viable.

Seems the best way to deal with the monkey is to use slug pets, COR doing companions and Puppet, Geo using m.eva down. Full m.acc gear is probably also ideal, along with rolanberry. Familiar at the start is also probably a good idea.

Was half asleep last night and popped monkey instead of mantis as final NM of the night. Was in no mood for dealing with it. Dia 2 + Beast/Drachen + Torpor + RW + Unleash + Spur with tiger = fastest monkey I've ever done. Was dead in about 3 minutes total I think.

But yeah water hits it hard, I haven't done serious testing because I don't like dicking around with monkey because he has the least worthwhile drops (for my group). Maybe I'll try that today.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-23 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done Gestalt T1 Hecatyes solo? I'd love to get me a Despair Helm but theres no info I can find on it. If so what pet and how hard was it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-23 18:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I find HeraldHenry does a pretty good job against Gestalt solo.

Pop it with /nin, put shadows up immediately and hope he doesn't cast Firaga V. If he does, use Killer Instinct and put on MDT gear.

Bubble Curtain and then Spur + Big Scissors until he falls over. You have Monster Correlation advantage so there's a big attack boost from using Empyrean Head for this fight.

Face away from him, and if you see him readying Petro Gaze, Heel, wait a couple seconds, then Fight again to dodge the petrification.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-23 19:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I don't really have the best sets yet so hopefully I can do it lol.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-23 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found that the only troubling thing about Gestalt is his Dread Spikes. I usually tell anyone who is meleeing to just turn away during his Chainspells (every 25%) because even with quick dispels, he's going to just put it right back up again.

It is possible to silence him, but very difficult and doesn't usually last the full 3 minutes.
By swordwiz 2015-06-24 00:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you can throw a pld corx2 geox2 and a blm or blu at anything in escha and boom its dead my group had the cors doing 73k Leaden Salute when all geo and cor magic and magic eva buffs were up
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-24 00:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That is extremely relevant in a thread about Beastmasters.

Also I did it with help from Geo/Cor, the healing move was scary but not bad. My big scissors only did 3k~ though!
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-24 01:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta get dem JPs. It's like night and day between having them and not.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-24 07:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

A lot of people think 100jp is the goal for the ready move delay. It isn't. 110 is. Cap ready move damage and spur. Your moves will do 40% more damage. That is an incredible amount considering how much damage ready moves already do.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-24 08:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It took about an hour but I finally managed to make the necessary inventory space to get BST gear back from mules and stuff. After I got Nirvana last year I guess I kind of shelved the job and it started collecting dust.

I've already been doing Escha NM's with BSTs in my LS so I know what's going on there, but it will be nice to actually be on the job doing work.

First thing I did after sending my gear over: Made Nukumi Manapolas+1 and I'm almost done with the boots.

Quick question though: Which AF and Relic pieces are still relevant for Escha? Obviously the Reward pieces but anything else or is it just augmented Despair and Arco gear mostly now?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-24 12:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
It took about an hour but I finally managed to make the necessary inventory space to get BST gear back from mules and stuff. After I got Nirvana last year I guess I kind of shelved the job and it started collecting dust.

I've already been doing Escha NM's with BSTs in my LS so I know what's going on there, but it will be nice to actually be on the job doing work.

First thing I did after sending my gear over: Made Nukumi Manapolas+1 and I'm almost done with the boots.

Quick question though: Which AF and Relic pieces are still relevant for Escha? Obviously the Reward pieces but anything else or is it just augmented Despair and Arco gear mostly now?

Reward pieces and consider Relic hands to at least 109 for Call Beast.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-24 13:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Reward pieces and consider Relic hands to at least 109 for Call Beast.

Yeah, I have full AF+1 and Relic+1 with the Porter Moogle. It's just a matter of pulling out only the pieces that matter.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-24 16:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

A lot of people think 100jp is the goal for the ready move delay. It isn't. 110 is. Cap ready move damage and spur. Your moves will do 40% more damage. That is an incredible amount considering how much damage ready moves already do.
I didn't realize that 30 attack under Spur was that big of a deal. 30% more damage off just that?

Quote:
Relic hands to at least 109 for Call Beast.
Do these matter if you have 5/5 Affinity merits?
First Page 2