Making FFXI An Offline Game.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Making FFXI an Offline Game.
Making FFXI an Offline Game.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-27 12:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Even if FFXI doesn't make any more expansions to FFXI, people will still play
I don't know why I even bother replying to someone like you...but people will drop out fast once the content stops. How long it'll last depends on the last grind implemented in november, but anyone with a brain can see how the game will plummet quickly.

Some people will want to play because they have things they still want to accomplish. Others will want to play for nostalgia. But whether SE determines those two groups are big enough to justify keeping the game running is another matter.

Ultima Online is still running, and it's the oldest MMO out there. It's still P2P, and still has a dev teamperson that puts out content, albeit on a small scale. And I'm sure all 17 remaining players enjoy it. And although the game is but a shadow of what it used to be, and the playerbase has dwindled to almost nothing, EA/Mythic considers that as long as the game is making any money at all, it is still worth maintaining.

SE doesn't appear to think that way. I get the feeling that they have a benchmark in mind, and if subscriptions fall below that benchmark, the game will be flying-hip-pressed into oblivion.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-05-27 12:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be happy with an always online version of the game that has expanded trust NPC power/ability that allows you to solo everything if you choose to. Maybe even abyssea type buffs that are active everywhere, same system. Keep in mind, I'm talking about making the game playable when the community has gone.

They would also need to give you ways to buy certain items that are rare, like mats, and increase gold acquisition if the AH market goes away.

It would also be cool to give afterglow level R/E/M a super buff that would allow you to solo higher tier content easier. To give you a reason to go after it.

They would have to rework support jobs though, which I don't see them doing. Their usefulness in a single player scenario is going to be pretty low.

I mean technically most of what I do these days is solo anyways.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-05-27 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
...someone like you...
...anyone with a brain...

Well, that doesn't sound very nice. :(
-Skjalf :3

Bill Hicks used to finish his shows with this: Life is like a ride in an amusement park and when you go on it you think its real, because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down and 'round and 'round. It has thrills and chills... and it's very brightly-colored... and its very loud. And its fun for a while. Some have been on the ride for a long time. They begin to question: "Is this real? Or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered And they come back to us and they say: "Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid ever, 'cause this is just a ride." And we kill those people. Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my frowns of worry... Look at my big bank account and my family. "This has to be real..." Its just a ride, but we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that?... and we let the demons run a muck... But it doesn’t matter, because it is just a ride and we can change it anytime we want. It is only a choice. No effort. No work, no job, no savings of money… just a choice right now, Between fear......and love.