May 19th Maintainence
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-05-19 17:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
right....but silts don't drop from those.
This is a good thing. Let them experience other content first. Especially given the size of the zone and the fact that they're also funneling endgame content through the exact same mobs.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-19 17:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Eft/Bugard/dragons/yeti all give decent exp/cp at 99, so whats wrong with having another area outside of adoulin for farming? There is content for a good amount of levels in this new zone.

edit: By levels I mean 99-119. cp/merit pts, unity mobs, new NM's, new gear/weapons, new augments.

Efts/Bugards/Yeti support at most 8-10 people soloing, because forming a party is a waste of time, creating a huge clusterfuck for people trying to get slit, instead of supporting more people who are actually leveled for said content.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2015-05-19 17:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Eft/Bugard/dragons/yeti all give decent exp/cp at 99, so whats wrong with having another area outside of adoulin for farming? There is content for a good amount of levels in this new zone.

edit: By levels I mean 99-119. cp/merit pts, unity mobs, new NM's, new gear/weapons, new augments.

Efts/Bugards/Yeti support at most 8-10 people soloing, because forming a party is a waste of time, creating a huge clusterfuck for people trying to get slit, instead of supporting more people who are actually leveled for said content.

Not on my server. it's dead all the time. Mobs roam free and laugh when you claim them ;_; no respect.
By mazz0mazz0 2015-05-19 18:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
This is a good thing. Let them experience other content first. Especially given the size of the zone and the fact that they're also funneling endgame content through the exact same mobs.

What do tabs really offer anyone now though? Yeah, sure, FoV/GoV is cool-- some of the pages are so awkwardly designed though and still limit the routes to certain zones based on convenience of the pages offered, so you still are shifting players from content due to the nature of convenience.

RoE makes it less restrictive and even more convenient now, and leveling in Escha now builds a new character/low level job Silts plus has the added convenience of only needing to move to one zone with the HP right outside of it. Seals also drop in Escha along with elemental geodes from what I've experienced, plus you have the choice of camps to farm to get Sparks/Unity so much more conveniently now with the addition of the zone. I think it's perfectly fine to push new characters/low-level jobs into Escha and away from FoV/GoV right now with how RoE has changed, especially since Silts are going to eventually be the limiting factor of progressing content down the road.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-05-19 18:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Considering that you would have to do many different forms of content on top of missions to do this zone, saying "let them experience other content first" is silly. AF/relic/empy/weapons/skirmish/delve/ranking/trusts, all of this needs to be done before and during either exping or farting around in this zone.

And FoV? How is that any different then abby exping? You sit in the zone and watch a few people do most of the work. Actually going into a zone and experiencing job mechanics and exping yourself with the trusts and netting 2k(base)-4k(base) exp per kill sure sounds terrible...
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-19 18:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »

Not on my server. it's dead all the time. Mobs roam free and laugh when you claim them ;_; no respect.

they are almost always contested on Shiva. -_-