New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Lm-31
Lm-31
First Page 2
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 10:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting an error code about rebounded payment, but it's free to play right now. I've searched the google machine and haven't had any luck. Anyone know what this means?
By Echlin 2015-05-19 10:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you taking advantage of the free to play campaign for returning players? It's not free to play if you already subscribe.

Also if you had been suspended for non payment before the free to play campaign you need to pay the arrears to get into the game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2015-05-19 11:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I had my content ID's mysteriously cancelled this past Sunday. I had to log into Square Enix, reactivate my characters, and re-enter my payment information. My card wasn't expired and there were more than enough funds in my account, so I had no idea what happened.

Then yesterday, my fiance had her content ID's mysteriously cancelled as well. We tried to reactivate her content ID's same as mine, but we entered the wrong card information and she got error code 601 during the activation process on the Squareenix site (which means she has to wait 24 hours in order to attempt to enter payment information again - stupid effing rule.)

She talked to a Squareenix rep last night who explained the error 601 and could not override it. He said it was something on our bank's end. She has to wait until tonight to try and enter her payment information again and reactivate her content ID and characters.

We both use the same bank (PNC Bank) so it's entirely possible our bank screwed this up on their end for both of us. Hope that helps.
By Ramyrez 2015-05-19 11:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lynchilles said: »
We both use the same bank (PNC Bank) so it's entirely possible our bank screwed this up on their end for both of us. Hope that helps.

I never had problems when I used PNC, but my wife has had issues with her bank and the payments authorizing correctly in the past to the point we had to put her account on my card for a while, but then when she got a new card for the same account from the same bank (and same card type, Visa), it worked for her again.

It could be a setting specific to her account such as international charges or recurring charges, as well.

I know for a long time my wife's bank called her every time she ordered crafting materials from Canada b/c of "foreign charges to her account".
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-05-19 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lynchilles said: »
I had my content ID's mysteriously cancelled this past Sunday. I had to log into Square Enix, reactivate my characters, and re-enter my payment information. My card wasn't expired and there were more than enough funds in my account, so I had no idea what happened.

Then yesterday, my fiance had her content ID's mysteriously cancelled as well. We tried to reactivate her content ID's same as mine, but we entered the wrong card information and she got error code 601 during the activation process on the Squareenix site (which means she has to wait 24 hours in order to attempt to enter payment information again - stupid effing rule.)

She talked to a Squareenix rep last night who explained the error 601 and could not override it. He said it was something on our bank's end. She has to wait until tonight to try and enter her payment information again and reactivate her content ID and characters.

Your bank most likely did not screw it up. One of the characters I use that's been on auto-pay for atleast 6months now randomly got the error 401 last night. Tried entering my CC info as opposed to my friend who pays for it, and still got the error 401 even after waiting 24 hours since the last attempt.

Also, LM-31 is generally a perma-ban.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I got hit with a perma ban. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-19 13:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebounded payments = chargeback? Or am I way off here? If so then yeah, chargeback seem to get people banned.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-05-19 14:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

Berrrraaaahhhhhhh!

Glad I took this the other night. Who knew it'd be our last.

RIP.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-19 14:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
Rebounded payments = chargeback? Or am I way off here? If so then yeah, chargeback seem to get people banned.
Most (all?) companies will ban their customer for charging back.

I only know of one that didn't ban for a chargeback, my ISP in France. Usually, contacting the company and clearing the issue will be an option, but not always.
 leo
By leo 2015-05-19 14:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in Japan if you can prove the charge back isn't your fault you can pay the pending value in a seven-eleven shop with some ticket issued by the support.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-19 14:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Odin.Tamoa said: »
Most (all?) companies will ban their customer for charging back.

I only know of one that didn't ban for a chargeback, my ISP in France. Usually, contacting the company and clearing the issue will be an option, but not always.

Well I wouldn't know, chargeback is a rare occurrence here - if it happens at all. All I know is that SE will ban people for it.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 14:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll ban people for chargebacks a lot faster than they'll ban people for cheating Salvage.

Priorities.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

Berrrraaaahhhhhhh!

Glad I took this the other night. Who knew it'd be our last.

RIP.

This was worth eating a ban. See you in 14 buddy.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-05-19 14:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be pissed if I got ban for such thing.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 15:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »

Why? Unless it was an honest mistake by your bank, chargebacks are tantamount to stealing.

You pay for a service, in this case a subscription game. If you then tell your bank you want your money back, for whatever reason, you've already used the service. You can't give it back, so in essence, you stole it (Took something without paying for it).

Banning people who do this is a company's only recourse against droves of people doing just this.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 15:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a 10 year obsession that I'm actually happy is over. When the guy from SE told me on the phone that it was a permanent ban I wished him a good day and sat down to do paper work. I wasn't upset or unhappy in the least. I think resignation is the best description I can give. It's finally over.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 15:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Why? Unless it was an honest mistake by your bank, chargebacks are tantamount to stealing.

You pay for a service, in this case a subscription game. If you then tell your bank you want your money back, for whatever reason, you've already used the service. You can't give it back, so in essence, you stole it (Took something without paying for it).

Banning people who do this is a company's only recourse against droves of people doing just this.

I've never told my bank to take back any money. I've been subbed for the better part of ten years. Never have I once asked for any money back.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 15:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never told my bank to take back any money. I've been subbed for the better part of ten years. Never have I once asked for any money back.

Then they shouldn't be banning you for chargebacks. I have heard of them giving wildly inaccurate reasons for banning people before. I have a friend who recently got banned for supposed RMT but he didn't do any such thing.

You can TRY talking to them, but CustServ being what it is, you may not get far.

I wasn't trying to accuse anyone of anything, for what it's worth. I was only stating my views on why companies ban people for chargebacks.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 15:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I did call just to see what was going on and the guy basically told me my accounts gone and that's that. There's nothing he can do and there was no way to get it back.

It's cool I wasn't being defensive or thinking you were accusing me. It is what it is and I'll be getting a copy of 14 soon to see what that's all about.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-05-19 15:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring to being pissed more like a chargeback by mistake, not because of calling my bank ;) Thanks for your point of view though, I hadn't really understood the meaning of chargeback.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-19 15:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, if it had happened by mistake I'd be extremely pissed and blowing up everyone involved's phones until I got what I wanted.
By Draylo 2015-05-19 15:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a 10 year obsession that I'm actually happy is over. When the guy from SE told me on the phone that it was a permanent ban I wished him a good day and sat down to do paper work. I wasn't upset or unhappy in the least. I think resignation is the best description I can give. It's finally over.

Yet you just told someone you would see them in FFXIV. A game by the same company and another MMO. So many crazy people on the internet I swear.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-05-19 15:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ready for another ten ? lol
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 15:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Yet you just told someone you would see them in FFXIV. A game by the same company and another MMO. So many crazy people on the internet I swear.

It's my party and I'll cry/kick people who don't gear swap if I want to?
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-05-19 15:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Level uP!

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-05-19 17:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

R.I.P. Petsmart.

My LS bro got the same today. Pretty weak since he was 13,000/13,999 HPB into Idris.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-05-19 17:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lilkat said: »
Draylo said: »

It's my party and I'll cry/kick people who don't gear swap if I want to?

So they ban you and your response is to buy their other game and then continue to pay them a subscription.

You're sure showing them.

They should ban more people if they act like you, easy money.

You got it all figured out. You should work in marketing.

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
R.I.P. Petsmart.

My LS bro got the same today. Pretty weak since he was 13,000/13,999 HPB into Idris.

Get out of here Kingmancat. This is my fun thread!
By Funf 2015-05-19 18:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm in same boat...not mad i got banned....just the reason aggravates me. i have barely been playing the past few months and when i have been on its been standing around in town or doing coalition assignments, but apparently that is cheating. the guy i talked to on the phone said he knew nothing other than the account had a cheating note on it or something. he said he would open a reinvestigation ticket but i doubt ill hear anything on that so im just assuming im done. the gf will be happy as hell...
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-05-19 18:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

going by your AH history i'm going to make a wild guess and assume it's reive botting
First Page 2