Merits At 75 Cap, And Post 75 Adjustments.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Merits at 75 Cap, and post 75 Adjustments.
Merits at 75 Cap, and post 75 Adjustments.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-17 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've recently taken interest in delvling my RDM back to 75 to experience again when the game was most enjoyable for me.

There is some things I wish to be reminded of to make the experience as close to past times as possible.

So for starters, does anyone remember how limited merits were? At the moment I have 8/8 into enfeebling, elemental, enhancing, dark magic, and healing magic. I vaguely recall not having anything close to that, I think you were able to 8/8 two of them, and put four into another?

As for MP/HP, I've completely stripped all my points into these due to the HP adjustments.

And for attributes, I believe it was a maximum of 10, with an attribute capping at 5?

Would also like to know what adjustments have actually been made so I can get a good grasp on what and how the experience will have been made easier.

At the moment I am aware of a decreased casting time in elemental magic, significantly decreased spell costs, some weaponskill adjustments, and some defense adjustments? Could anyone go into a bit more detail about the latter ones, defense in particular. I'd appreciate it.

There has probably been alot more adjustments I'm unaware of, so if you can remember, please do share. Much appreciated.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-05-17 12:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Merit_Points?oldid=1013252

This should be accurate to the era in question.

In addition to what you listed, there's the 1hander pDIF/attack/accuracy changes to consider as well as enmity adjustments.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-17 13:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Merit_Points?oldid=1013252

This should be accurate to the era in question.

In addition to what you listed, there's the 1hander pDIF/attack/accuracy changes to consider as well as enmity adjustments.

Ah, thanks, and yes I remember that adjustment now. Was a strong buff if memory serves.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2015-05-17 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're planning to solo sky gods or something, what content do you hope to relive?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-17 14:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
Unless you're planning to solo sky gods or something, what content do you hope to relive?

I have alot of NMs in mind to battle, and thanks to adjustments and being able to easily acquire(re-acquire, derp, bar some notable exceptions) the best stuff, some otherwise previously impossible to solo NMs in the era, may be possible now. So I look forward to trying some things.

But yes, Sky gods are certainly one of many things.
 Sylph.Scorched
Server: Sylph
user: Averel
By Sylph.Scorched 2015-05-17 19:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll play with you.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-18 14:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Like others have said there are so many things you can't undo, (changes to enfeebles, spell dmg, magic burst dmg, ws dmg, spell dmg, etc) Going back to 75 now and adjusting merits doesnt really come close to what it was really like back then.

So while you can get all the best gear now, and might be able to solo some of the mobs, the underlying mechanics kinda rob you from reliving a lot.
 Phoenix.Scarve
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Scarve 2015-05-18 14:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it take forever to delevel back to 75 with the reduced exp penalty for being defeated? It almost sounds easier (and, as far as merits go, natural) to just start up a new character and level to 75 super quick.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-18 14:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the idea was to get the best possible gear solo, then delevel to 75. You obviously cant obtain the best gear solo at 75.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-18 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a decent way to delvl, that takes around 12hours. Credits to Deadwing for coming up with it. Basically, set your HP in Sea, pull a Om'Yovra to the HP, and let it kill you over and over. Things like Avalon Shield, Toreador Cape, Minerva Ring, with some HP to MP gear will speed it up.
By Kaerin 2015-05-18 22:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it just be faster to make a new character? Everything you'd need is delivery boxable isn't it?
[+]
By Chyula 2015-05-19 00:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Level sync does exist you know. Your point is to do content at 75 solo and it still considered solo the char you sync to just stand there look pretty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-19 00:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Level sync does exist you know. Your point is to do content at 75 solo and it still considered solo the char you sync to just stand there look pretty.

Someone to sync to isn't always available, and I'm not making another account just to do that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-19 00:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »
Wouldn't it just be faster to make a new character? Everything you'd need is delivery boxable isn't it?

I like my accesses and things I have on my main, it'd take me longer to acquire all of that back, rather than just spend the 12hours killing myself.

And besides, I had some rare aug'd goodies left on my main from 75-era.
By Kaerin 2015-05-19 01:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

I like my accesses and things I have on my main, it'd take me longer to acquire all of that back, rather than just spend the 12hours killing myself.

But you'd get to try and solo that content too! Like promethia and the jeuno brothers whose names escape. Or the original shikaree fight! It might be worth it....

Speaking of cool augments... I use to have a 4 str ring with 5 or 6 accuracy, it was awesome.

All this talk of 75 cap recently makes me want to make a new character.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-19 01:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

But you'd get to try and solo that content too! Like promethia and the jeuno brothers whose names escape. Or the original shikaree fight! It might be worth it....

Speaking of cool augments... I use to have a 4 str ring with 5 or 6 accuracy, it was awesome.

It's shocking how fun it is, esp if you have some friends to do it with. And if you don't have anyone to do it with, can always come to Asura and play with me and a few friends~!
By Kaerin 2015-05-19 01:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's shocking how fun it is, esp if you have some friends to do it with. And if you don't have anyone to do it with, can always come to Asura and play with me and a few friends~!

Only if we can fight fafnirs as lvl 75s. That was always my favorite thing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-19 02:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Planning to all sorts of crazy stuff! Like a RDM/NIN+SMN Cerberus duo, etc.
 Bahamut.Aramachus
Server: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2015-05-19 03:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Great to see others having the same idea! I just came back to ffxi after two years of not playing because I didnt like where the game went.
Now I started fresh, having in mind to stop at 75 and play the old contents. I remember back in the day when avesta rdm sky gods solos or kaeko soloing limbus and even a salvage area on blm (or was it sch? think it was blm) left me speechless on what possibilities the game offers.
personally I dont mind some minor changes in favour of the player concerning stats and stuff. being realistic, I doubt I could pull off those crazy solos those guys did back then but with a little push I might be able to do it and it should still be challenging as fck.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Scorched
By Sylph.Scorched 2015-05-21 09:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll play 75 with anyone. :(
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2015-05-21 09:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Scorched said: »

Get to Asura, let's do this ***
 Asura.Kenrusai
By Asura.Kenrusai 2015-05-21 12:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dtroyy said: »

This guy is kinda a scrub, but fun to play with!

If anyone is interested in joining us though, we'd like you to have 75cap set out merits, and no out of era items/augments. Exceptions like Chatoyant Staff are fine, though.
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2015-05-21 12:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kenrusai said: »

Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil ***, innit? ima ****e fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-21 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a decent way to delvl, that takes around 12hours. Credits to Deadwing for coming up with it. Basically, set your HP in Sea, pull a Om'Yovra to the HP, and let it kill you over and over. Things like Avalon Shield, Toreador Cape, Minerva Ring, with some HP to MP gear will speed it up.

Do I get royalties for letting you use my shield to kill yourself?
[+]
By Kaerin 2015-05-22 16:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kenrusai said: »

If anyone is interested in joining us though, we'd like you to have 75cap set out merits, and no out of era items/augments. Exceptions like Chatoyant Staff are fine, though.

I'm actually already on asura. Once the current login campaign is over I'll delete one of my mules and make a new character to play at 75. Im actually pretty excited for this. Maybe I should just buy a KB pop when I hit 3k points and say forget the rest lol...
 Valefor.Gaius
Server: Valefor
user: Bvion
By Valefor.Gaius 2015-05-28 05:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Im on Asura now too and i made a new character on my main to lvl to 75 to do this very same thing. Im very interested in doing this, hit me up sometime, kaerin is in my linkshell and i also have about 2-3 other ppl who wanted to do this as well. Name in game is Kermit or Lilkerm. I should have this mule to 75 even faster now if you give me a reason.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Scorched
By Sylph.Scorched 2015-07-28 10:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Attributes capped at 5 with a maximum of 5