2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Organizer!
Organizer!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-20 06:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You have been, and that's why I'm so confused.

So, the core of the problem is that the organizer-lib-file files that are being generated is wrong. So, let's do this:

- Your organizer config file doesn't look customized at all, so no harm in getting a new everything. Delete Windower\addons\organizer and fetch a new one via the launcher.

- It's possible your organizer-lib is wrong, too, since sub-libs don't always update correctly. In this case, it lives in Windower\addons\GearSwap\lib. Rename it, and grab a new one from here.

Try that? I'm legitimately stumped here, you're using it correctly, and I've never seen this failure mode.
 Asura.Orangebear
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Astaro
By Asura.Orangebear 2015-06-20 06:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay here goes lol.

I've replaced the organizer-lib.lua in the libs folder within gearswap.

I unloaded Organizer from FFXI (//lua unload organizer)

Deleted the Organizer addon folder (Windower4/addons/organizer)

Fetched a new one from the windower launcher

loaded organizer in ffxi (//lua load organizer) - it then showed that it created organizer-debug.log and settings.xml, both in the data folder.

I typed //gs org and it created two more files, organizer-lib-file.lua in wardrobe and inventory.

It showed the same message as before, 0 found and 0 missed.
Here's the debug file.

I've enabled the debug within the main lua file, reloaded organizer and tried again and heres the output from the debug file.

http://pastebin.com/cvrgkiyZ
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-06-20 09:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm legitimately stumped.

The core of the problem remains that organizer-lib isn't exporting the full set. There's no magical logic there, though - it literally takes the "sets" table from GS and dumps it to a file.

I can rig up a special debugging version, to see what it's choking on, but I'm fairly busy today so it'll be a little while. Sorry.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-29 12:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange thing I saw happening.
On my DNC Lua I had "Ghastly Tathlum +1" written exactely like that.
For some reason Organizer couldn't get it out. I was getting "unable to get 1 item" etc.

I had to change it to "Ghastly tathlum +1" (lower case T) for it to finally work.
No big deal of course, just wanted to let you know Rooks.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-29 13:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Strange thing I saw happening.
On my DNC Lua I had "Ghastly Tathlum +1" written exactely like that.
For some reason Organizer couldn't get it out. I was getting "unable to get 1 item" etc.

I had to change it to "Ghastly tathlum +1" (lower case T) for it to finally work.
No big deal of course, just wanted to let you know Rooks.

Weird. I'll have a look.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-29 15:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The even more bizarre part is that it's with capital T in all my other luas, and unless I missed it, Organizer manages to get it perfectly.
Really really strange.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-06-29 18:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be that you had an invisible character before the T?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-30 01:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt.
If that were the case I would have incurred under the following situations after moving the item manually into my inventory:

1) GS Validate would have still produced the "Missing Ghastly Tathlum +1" result
2) GS wouldn't have swapped to Ghastly Tathlum +1 on the sets that make use of it

Since instead, as far as I could see, GS was working perfectly after moving the item manually, I doubt it had anything to do with invisible characters.

I find this very strange though. As I mentioned, in my other LUAs it's written with capital T and the item gets moved without aby problem (I think? Maybe I should doublecheck tbf)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-17 01:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Another strange occuring with Organizer and Gearswap.
Yesterday I do my typical //gs o and Organizer says he couldn't get 1 item, but I don't notice it.
So I go do what I was meant to do with my friends, and notice too late that "Mafic Cudgel" is missing from my inventory.
Oddly enough I do that Gearswap validate command (don't remember the syntax, I have it in a macro) and it says that "0 items in your gearsets are missing from your inventory".
Then I do a "//find Mafic" and see it's in my locker.

Puzzled I repeat the operations many other times, but same result.
I go back to my MH, perform //gs o another time, get the same result and Mafic Cudgel remains in my mog Locker.
Even more puzzled I go back to my LUA and try my best to see if there's any spelling error, but naft.

Then I change "Mafic Cudgel" to "Mafic cudgel" and everything starts to magically work and Organzizer gets it from my locker.

Why this issue of case-sensivitiy? And I swear it always worked at least untile a few days ago.
And I'm even more puzzled by the fact the validate thing of Gearswap wasn't detecting Mafic Cudgel being absent from my inventory.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-21 13:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat. I'll have a look later tonight.

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-24 01:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool stuff :O
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-24 09:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
so it's up to rooks as maintainer to decide if this goes official

Played around with it a little last night, but it's been a busy week so I haven't spent the time with it that it deserves. I'll make it a point to spend more time with it tonight, as there's a couple of things I think I'd want to tweak, but overall, solid.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-27 16:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what I've been wishing Organizer could do, lately?
A "half verbose" system.
Where it doens't spam your screen with every single operation he does (like in full verbose).

My half-verbose would be just the same, but after saying how many items it managed to get and how many it failed to get, it would list the ones he failed to get.

Would be sooo useful ;)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-06 08:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No high priority or anything, but a small bump to make sure Rooks read this.
I'm curious to hear wether or not he thinks this could be a nice addition to Organizer.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-06 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
No high priority or anything, but a small bump to make sure Rooks read this.
I'm curious to hear wether or not he thinks this could be a nice addition to Organizer.

Yeah, I made the debugging more granular and didn't get around to the standard logging. I still owe verda a proper review of the consolidate pieces, so I'll do both of those when I get the chance to sit down with org again.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-19 21:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you dump all items that aren't in your gearswap file somehow?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-19 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Can you dump all items that aren't in your gearswap file somehow?

Not currently. It wouldn't be a hard thing to add to the gs organizer lib, it's just a matter of having the time to work on it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-08-19 22:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Sometimes it leaves me with little inventory from things that could have gone in my 21/80 sack or something.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-10 06:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, I can't get Organizer to dump into anything other than Safe, Safe2, Locker, and Storage.

I have tried adding every other inventory section into the dump_bags settings section, unloading, and reloading, even shutting down FFXI and restarting, and nothing is working. Any ideas? Here is what I am doing:
Code
default_settings = {
    dump_bags = {['Safe']=1,['Safe2']=2,['Locker']=3,['Storage']=4,['Sack']=5},
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-10 06:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
For some reason, I can't get Organizer to dump into anything other than Safe, Safe2, Locker, and Storage.

I have tried adding every other inventory section into the dump_bags settings section, unloading, and reloading, even shutting down FFXI and restarting, and nothing is working. Any ideas? Here is what I am doing:
Code
default_settings = {

Are you editing the settings file or the actual organizer.lua? That looks like the lua, and you can just edit the data\settings.xml. (And in fact have to, as the settings file will take precedence)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-10 06:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

Code
default_settings = {

Are you editing the settings file or the actual organizer.lua? That looks like the lua, and you can just edit the data\settings.xml.

Thats probably why, I was editing organizer.lua, not the setting.xml. Thanks Rooks.

On a related note, is there a way to add certain items to certain jobs? with gearcollector, we could do <item>Shihei</item>, and when it parsed our Nin gear, it would pull Shiehi also. I know we can do organizer_items, which is good for items like Echoes, but job specific items like nin tools and pet foods dont arent needed on every job
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-10 06:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

On a related note, is there a way to add certain items to certain jobs? with gearcollector, we could do <item>Shihei</item>, and when it parsed our Nin gear, it would pull Shiehi also. I know we can do organizer_items, which is good for items like Echoes, but job specific items like nin tools and pet foods dont arent needed on every job

Are you using //gs org or //org?

If you're using //gs org, then that organizer_items array goes in your gearswap.lua, so it'll already be job specific.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-09-10 06:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs org. What would i need to add to my job file so it pulls the items. I tried making a gearset with few random pieces of gear not part of my actual gear sets, like warp ring, xp/cp rings, etc, and added:
Code
item="Shihei",item="Shikanofuda",item="Chonofuda",item="Inoshishinofuda",item="Echo Drops",

it pulled the gear, but not the items
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-10 06:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs org. What would i need to add to my job file so it pulls the items. I tried making a gearset with few random pieces of gear not part of my actual gear sets, like warp ring, xp/cp rings, etc, and added:
Code
item="Shihei",item="Shikanofuda",item="Chonofuda",item="Inoshishinofuda",item="Echo Drops",

it pulled the gear, but not the items

The keys to that set's array need to be unique, otherwise they'll overwrite each other.
Code
organizer_items = {
  echos="Echo Drops",
  shihei="Shihei",
  orb="Macrocosmic Orb"
}
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2015-09-17 20:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for this addon.

At start, i didn't like the mess it has done in all my storage, because all gear is at a defined place in a defined storage.
I'm not using it like other people, but with autoexec and the "get" parameter, it's doing a nice job.

Adding a piece of gear makes me modify the gearswap file and 2 others files if i'm not using wardrobe storage : one (per job) to move gear into inventory and a second (per storage) to move gear where it belong.
Basically, with event jobchange, i do "/heal on" command, equip a naked set with gearswap, move current gear to it's defined storage, get the new gear in inventory, and do a "/heal off" command.
Code
<register event="jobchange_*">input /heal on;input //gs equip naked;input //org get naked</register>

<register event="jobchange_blm/*">input //org get blm;wait 2;input /heal off</register>
By Azurea 2015-09-18 16:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just returned to the game after a few months away and noticed that gearcollector wasn't working and then ran into this thread. This thing collects gear mindblowingly fast. All I did was paste include('organizer-lib') into the beginning of every lua file and I was ready to go! Thank you for this!
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-20 20:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay.

I haven't ever used this, mainly because I took one look at GS and my brain almost exploded.

I just read something that may have changed my mind, though...

If I understand right, I just have to load up Organizer in Windower, then once the console is open (in game, while I watch my moogle twirl, hopefully AFTER I have organized the humongous mess that is Seeks' Invo), I type this:

//org freeze inventory seekerninmess (an example)

Then,I can change jobs, like from Ninja to Summoner because that swap sucks in so many ways, and after I do that, I can do this again, with a new name to differentiate the two:

//org freeze inventory seekersmnmess

But say someone asks me to red proc crap in Aby, and I'm bored, sitting on summoner. I can simply jog into my MH garden, give the Porter Moogle my reforge and get my NIN reforge back, then I type the magic words:

//org organize inventory seekerninmess

...and like magic, all my crap is back in place, no matter WHERE in my inventory I shoved it because I needed room?

If this is the case, WHY AM I NOT USING THIS. This is like, the answer to my prayers... and probably the prayers of anyone who has ever had to wait on me to change jobs.

/stares at Verda
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22