Forum » FFXI » Endgame » endgame friendly jobs
endgame friendly jobs
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-05-15 16:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What jobs are most endgame friendly nowdays?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 16:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

BST
PUP
DRG

AKA solo jobs, because welcome to endgame FFXI 2015, Solo Edition.
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-05-15 16:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i meant for allu, skirm, delve and that stuff shouts all day

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 16:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Alluvion yorcia skirmish top tier jobs are rdm to buff valiants, sch to nuke abd instant cast an extended duration regenga V at floor up or blue Mage to solo mobs. Blm also kills it against elementals and any evasion job against fluturini/twithrym
Said the person who 6 boxes it all day.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-15 16:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just play whatever you have fun with cause its all about hanging out with friends and doing things on whatever job while you make mythics, grinding cp for power increases you really don't need, and collecting lockstyle gear.

imo there isn't anything resembling an endgame anymore. All of those things can be done with pretty much any job as long as you gear it well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 16:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Just play whatever you have fun with cause its all about hanging out with friends and doing things on whatever job while you make mythics, grinding cp for power increases you really don't need, and collecting lockstyle gear.

imo there isn't anything resembling an endgame anymore.

This, most bosses can be duod so there's nothing hard minus maybe say... THat Stupid Event for Af3 reforge ***?

Again though PLD WHM BLMS etc the Magic Burst method.

GEO BRD etc always in hugh demand.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 16:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Alluvion yorcia skirmish top tier jobs are rdm to buff valiants, sch to nuke abd instant cast an extended duration regenga V at floor up or blue Mage to solo mobs. Blm also kills it against elementals and any evasion job against fluturini/twithrym
Said the person who 6 boxes it all day.
What are you talking about? I'm just a good ol' boy.
Ok then.

But you have to come to Asura and 6 box me back to relevancy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-15 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need anymore more than THF imo.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-15 16:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
BST
PUP
DRG

AKA solo jobs, because welcome to endgame FFXI 2015, Solo Edition.

I mostly agree with this.

One reason I developed a strong SMN and am such a fan of pet jobs was because I wanted to be 95% self-sufficient with whatever comes down the pipeline. As of right now there is very little I cannot solo, and it's really nice to fall back on that perk.

Stuff like Vagary, Unity and other 3-to-spawn ventures are easily accomplished with friends. Once everyone quits the game and it's no longer possible to gather 3 people to do content, chances are I will have obtained everything I ever wanted or needed anyway.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-23 12:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
What jobs are most endgame friendly nowdays?

Ignoring the trolls. The most sought after jobs are GEO, BRD, WHM, after that it gets kind of content specific. For skirmish and vagary nuking jobs like BLM, SCH, RDM and BLU are frequently used. And there is always need for a PLD or RUN tank. DD's are usually SAM, BLU or THF due to their potent skill-chain capability, especially now that RDM has Inundation.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-05-23 12:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO GEO and GEO, some more GEO and some GEO on top with more GEO underneath and some GEO in between while also having GEO and working towards GEO.

Geo comes in some Stages:

- Token GEO: Put up 2 bubbles and afk
- GEO: Can keep 2 bubbles up without afk
- Enhanced GEO: Can keep 2 bubbles up without afk and actually stand next to a mob without instantly dying
- Advanced GEO: All of the above but can actually do some dmg with his nukes
- Expert GEO: When facing west towards the Mob during full moon and calculating the trajectory of the comet in the sky and dipping my Idris into a pool of chickenblood, I can improve the performance of my party by 3.24%
[+]
By protectorchrono 2015-05-23 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Play w/e the f*^& you want and screw w/e others say you "need" to be. Seriously, this is the last year for anything major and even then, it's easy enough to solo w/ trusts. Unity Concord, Vargary, and Delve (not all the delves) you might need to gather people for. But seriously, play w/e you want. It's 2015, the game is on a slippery slope as it is. If people can't work around w/e job you want to be as, than they don't know how to play well and strategize. You can, of course, make your own groups too. At this point, people agruing over what jobs you need to be is kinda stupid.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-23 12:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
GEO GEO and GEO, some more GEO and some GEO on top with more GEO underneath and some GEO in between while also having GEO and working towards GEO.

Geo comes in some Stages:

- Token GEO: Put up 2 bubbles and afk
- GEO: Can keep 2 bubbles up without afk
- Enhanced GEO: Can keep 2 bubbles up without afk and actually stand next to a mob without instantly dying
- Advanced GEO: All of the above but can actually do some dmg with his nukes
- Expert GEO: When facing west towards the Mob during full moon and calculating the trajectory of the comet in the sky and dipping my Idris into a pool of chickenblood, I can improve the performance of my party by 3.24%

If you use Tarutaru blood, I hear performance increases by another 1.73%, so you may want Malothar to look into that.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-23 12:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »

Why you giving away my secrets. :( I get a ping of delight every time you or Misc is all "Focus is down T_T"
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-23 13:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Do you have 119 gear and can summon 4 trusts? Congrats you're an endgame friendly job

Yep can totally kill Wrathare like that or Fleetstalker with only three trusts whilst afk.

Seriously, you can't "solo endgame" with trusts. Trusts are the equivalent of horrible players who don't know how to write macros and skipped most of their spells and abilities. Functional enough for low level stuff but completely inadequate for what you want to get gear from.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-23 13:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vagary, and maybe Escha, are the only things you can't do solo really.

I suppose Incursion too..but why would you do Incursion anyway.
By Nocki 2015-05-23 19:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I suppose Incursion too..but why would you do Incursion anyway.
Yamabuki-no-Obi