Rhapsodies, Seriously?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rhapsodies, Seriously?
Rhapsodies, Seriously?
By lhova 2015-05-15 15:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I read correct that based on Ki we can get Imp tags every ten minutes, spam Salvage every hour, Spam dynamis, summon additional trusts, etc? If so please someone point me in the direction of completing Rhapsodies... Mythic dagger hear I come!
By Zubis 2015-05-15 15:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rhapsodies_of_Vanadiel_Mission_1-1
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-05-15 15:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

really, if what was holding you back from getting a mythic was NOT doing things, I'm not sure what to say. This removes all the gating regarding wait times, not the actual requirements and that is HUGE no doubt...but you still have to do it all.

The only reason I see this as better is the assault tag reduction. Now it's feasible to get a group together to spam Nyzul for a weekend of normal runs and be done, having a new tag before you're even out of your current run.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-05-15 16:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The einherjar reduction, both time and lamp cost, is huge too. As far as salvage goes, you can only do 4 per day because of the zone limitations of once per day despite being able to purchase a new permit every hour (only tested AR2 so if this wasn't the intention, maybe it's a glitch).
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-05-15 16:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is only one zone gated within 24 hours, so if you only like doing that one then yes things really didn't change for salvage runners. I usually ran SSR II on pup, which was so easy well before gifts and newer attachments, I haven't been working too much on a 2nd mythic... But I might seriously start up again since blu can solo einherjar rooms and nyzul well with a lamp person.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-15 16:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

you can only do arrapago/arrapago2 once a day, you can do the rest as much as you want
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2015-05-15 16:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts, which I'm honestly surprised if hasn't been brought up he, would be ppl complaining here on site that mythic achievement points need adjustment...lol
By lhova 2015-05-15 17:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
really, if what was holding you back from getting a mythic was NOT doing things, I'm not sure what to say. This removes all the gating regarding wait times, not the actual requirements and that is HUGE no doubt...but you still have to do it all.

The only reason I see this as better is the assault tag reduction. Now it's feasible to get a group together to spam Nyzul for a weekend of normal runs and be done, having a new tag before you're even out of your current run.

I was progressing with my mythic prior to the change but with this means that alex prices will crash significantly and you don't "need" to be rich to have a mythic within a week's time. Pretty bad *** to me! Must suck for all the peeps who got perma banned for cheating salvage.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-05-16 20:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my murgleis with farming 90% of my alex, and bought the last 10% (finished 1/1/15, for time reference). Yes, it took me approx 5 months because I didn't have captain so I was staring at around 80 assaults to clear (30 to get captain, then 50 for the quest), and I believe maybe 12k Nyzul points and I did assaults probably 4 out of 7 days of the week. Luckily I was good on Einherjar when I started.

It's hard for the average player to hold on to a 4-6 month goal. That's why there aren't more mythics. That's why people would do a week or two's worth of Salvage and sell their currency. I don't expect currency prices to tank, honestly; in fact, I expect currency supplies to dry up unless RMTs spam it because more people who were doing it as a daily way of making gil will now do their runs for personal Alexandrite.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-05-16 20:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
My thoughts, which I'm honestly surprised if hasn't been brought up he, would be ppl complaining here on site that mythic achievement points need adjustment...lol
You're easily more than half a decade late to that argument, achievement points have always been hilariously off base from a time/effort standpoint. Besides, XIAH is dead and the admins have long since left the building.