Make A Mythic In 1 Day Challenge!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
Make a mythic in 1 day challenge!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-15 10:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys.

Think you can make a mythic in 1 day now???

Rules are as follows:

You are allowed to buy whatever you can, alexandrite, ZNM items etc.

You are allowed to use as many accounts or mules as you have access to.

Think it can be done?

So far its been 8 hours and im close nearing 28k alex, 50k ichor, still have 20 assaults to do and need to farm all my nyzul tokens.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-15 10:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Be safe.
By Nyruul 2015-05-15 10:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoot fish in a bucket all day challenge!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 10:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be one horrible day if so.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-15 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Hi guys.

Rules are as follows:

Think it can be done?

So far its been 8 hours and im close nearing 28k alex, 50k ichor, still have 20 assaults to do and need to farm all my nyzul tokens.

I hope we don't see you on the news- "gamer dies after extended MMO session" ;)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-15 10:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Hi guys.

Rules are as follows:

Think it can be done?

I hope we don't see you on the news- "gamer dies after extended MMO session" ;)

"He returned to the Mothercrystal."
[+]
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Server: Fenrir
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2015-05-15 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Math is not in your favor....

If you are starting from 0 on everything (assuming captain rank of course) you cannot complete Einherjar points in 1 day.

24x 3600 (Odin II) = 86400.

So while it is impossible to finish one from scratch in 1 day you could feasibly do it over the course of 1 weekend. Which is still crazy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-15 10:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys.

Rules are as follows:

Think it can be done?

Not to burst your bubble but you might clarify that you didn't farm/buy all that Alex in 1 day. I know you've been working on a mythic for some time now prior to the version update.

Is it possible to do in 1 day? Starting with 0 Alex and going from there until the end of the day is the most legit way to move forward with your challenge.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-15 10:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Hi guys.

Rules are as follows:

Think it can be done?

Not to burst your bubble but you might clarify that you didn't farm/buy all that Alex in 1 day. I know you've been working on a mythic for some time now prior to the version update.

Is it possible to do in 1 day? Starting with 0 Alex and going from there until the end of the day is the most legit way to move forward with your challenge.

Actually I almost have... except for 6k alex.

Yesterday right after update i sold 18k of my 24k alex for 5.5k each.

Today ive been buying back alex for a price of MAX 5k each, alot have been for 4.5k and some for 4k each, and just now I actually just hit 30k mark. I found a guy with 10k alex willing to sell me them all for 5k each earlier today. Rest ive been bying in chuncks of 150-1000 from different guys today.

But yeah ive been doing an einherjar run here and there.

And yeah seeing as you can only enter einherjar about 1 time per IRL hour its impossible to do 1 mythic in 1 day, but could do 1 mythic in 1 weekend i guess lol... crazy...
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-05-15 10:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

10 minutes per assault x100 (or x50 depending on how you view starting from scratch)
30 minutes per nyzul run x50 @3k (This may be conservative?)
15 minutes per einherjar x50 (assumes 2k a run. also assumes a party)
2 hours for beastking kill, key farm, travel time
??? hours for finding alex in bazaars (right now ffxiah lists less than 3k total alexs for sale on my server)

It would take more than a day. Also if you really wanted to start from scratch in a day you would also need to farm 200 mil worth of gil.

I guess the thing that would make it impossible would be ein's 1 hour lockout. But even without it would be a tall task.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-05-15 10:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys.

Rules are as follows:

Think it can be done?

This almost seems impossible to do in one day even if you were to buy all the alex and ZNM pops within one hour.
Each Einherjar run, you can only get 1,920 (doubt you're doing Odin hourly) which means you need to do a minimum of 53 runs to get your eyepatch.
Assaults, assuming each run takes avg 7 mins (really generous number) w/o cheats and 3 mins walk time from town, food, ,religious practices, potty run (unless doing SP style), would still be around 8 hours. With 16 hours left, you'd only have time for 32 NI runs and would need to avg between 4-5k points per run to barely make assault/NI requirement in 1 day.

tldr; Can't be done due to calculation numbers allowing you to only to do either Einherjar or Assaults/NI requirement in 1 day. 2 and 1/2 seems realistic if you went full robot mode.

I still like everyone .-. Don't hate me.

Edit: I see other people posted the same thing, I don't feel as much as a bad guy now.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-05-15 10:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Alexes are gonna drop to like 1k, I could see this happening. Maybe not in 1 day, but 1 week easily. Given you can make a level 50 character in FFXIV and make a Zodiac weapon (not zeta) in like a week, I don't see why mythics in FFXI need to take like 8-10 months to make.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 10:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Considering Alexes are gonna drop to like 1k, I could see this happening. Maybe not in 1 day, but 1 week easily.
I hope so, but I highly doubt it will drop below 3-4k per.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-15 10:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Alexes are gonna drop to like 1k, I could see this happening. Maybe not in 1 day, but 1 week easily.

No way. At some point the sell price will be too low to bother farming it for sale, and that's probably in the 4k range.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-15 10:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's solution to salvage hacks: make it completely legal to infinitely farm alexandrite.

Brilliant.

People will be pooping out more mythics than ever.

That said, it seems it's impossible to make one in a day. A week, though? You could likely do that without risking your health or sanity.
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-15 10:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Hi guys.

Rules are as follows:

Think it can be done?

This almost seems impossible to do in one day even if you were to buy all the alex and ZNM pops within one hour.
Each Einherjar run, you can only get 1,920 (doubt you're doing Odin hourly) which means you need to do a minimum of 53 runs to get your eyepatch.
Assaults, assuming each run takes avg 7 mins (really generous number) w/o cheats and 3 mins walk time from town, food, ,religious practices, potty run (unless doing SP style), would still be around 8 hours. With 16 hours left, you'd only have time for 32 NI runs and would need to avg between 4-5k points per run to barely make assault/NI requirement in 1 day.

tldr; Can't be done due to calculation numbers allowing you to only to do either Einherjar or Assaults/NI requirement in 1 day. 2 and 1/2 seems realistic if you went full robot mode.

I still like everyone .-. Don't hate me.

Edit: I see other people posted the same thing, I don't feel as much as a bad guy now.

Like Avalon said, i better clarify.:

I have not done All this in 1 day so far.

Ive done most assaults today, NOT ALL,... still have 11 to go now.

Ive done about 16k einherjar today, the other 20k i already had, im sitting at 46k einherjar ichor atm.

Alex i started today with 6k alex and i now have 30k - yay ^^
- but that was primarely cause i got lucky with buying 2 big stacks from 2 different guys + ive been shouting everytime i was in town between assaults to buy alex and people been kind to sell to me.

I have already bought Tinnings Fang and Sarameya Hide a few weeks ago, atm im trying to find a seller on Cerberus for Tyger's Tail.

And I think i have about 10k nyzul tokens from way way way way back in the day, rest i need to begin farm later.

But - im NOT going to complete this in 24h even if i could :D I plan on going to bed in about 8 hours or so :D

This was more to start a debate and get those mathheads to do some calculations, which alot of you people have been kind enough to do now ^^ and yeah it seems youll need at least 1 weekend full robot mode or probably more realistic about 1 week or so.

Regards from Viper

^^ have a nice weekend ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-15 10:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
10 minutes per assault x100 (or x50 depending on how you view starting from scratch)
30 minutes per nyzul run x50 @3k (This may be conservative?)
15 minutes per einherjar x50 (assumes 2k a run. also assumes a party)
2 hours for beastking kill, key farm, travel time
??? hours for finding alex in bazaars (right now ffxiah lists less than 3k total alexs for sale on my server)

It would take more than a day. Also if you really wanted to start from scratch in a day you would also need to farm 200 mil worth of gil.

I guess the thing that would make it impossible would be ein's 1 hour lockout. But even without it would be a tall task.

Assaults will take 8hrs assuming you finish each assaults within 10min.

Tokens will take 25hrs assuming you get 3k points each run.

Ichor will take 12.5hrs if you have a party and to kill all the mobs.

Assuming you have the money available and the supply alexs can be done in a couple hours. I did 3 runs last night and got 550 alexs but I got lucky with 2 linens each run and I did the bare minimum to unlock stats.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-15 10:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Alexes are gonna drop to like 1k, I could see this happening. Maybe not in 1 day, but 1 week easily. Given you can make a level 50 character in FFXIV and make a Zodiac weapon (not zeta) in like a week, I don't see why mythics in FFXI need to take like 8-10 months to make.

Did you ever make a Ryunohige? If not, this would be the perfect time ;)
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-15 10:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fastest mythic i ever made took me 3 months, daily einherjar+salvage+dynamis+nyzul/assault. Add in some vw and other things to raise the funds.
I was utterly exhausted afterwards. Even ungating things and letting you spam farm now is going to burn people out imo.
I get tired thinking about the 100kish tokens i need again to finish my nagi
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-15 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you aren't finding 30k alex in a week let alone a day
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-15 11:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a ton and a half of alex on Bahamut right now...if you have the gil then you probably could.
By jonroberts 2015-05-15 11:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

I got 60k alex on Quetz in one weekend last September so i'm sure he could.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 11:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

jonroberts said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

I got 60k alex on Quetz in one weekend last September so i'm sure he could.
Back when people could make some money off of it (also during the Salvage dupe too).
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-05-15 11:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Something was happening in September i think that made alexandrite more readily available, just a hunch.
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-15 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Like i said in a few post back.

Im done with alex and I didnt even pay more than 5k MAX per alex.

It took me about 9 hours to get 24k alex today, i already had 6k alex and gil ready since i sold like 18k alex yesterday for 5.5k each and been buying back for mostly 4.5k - 5k today, some even as low as 3.5k each.

Primarely bought from Bigmarket, Hinawa and some guy i forgot the name off. Those 3 guys together alone sold me about 15k alex today.

BUT! I probably got lucky and caught people dumping alex at me for 5k like i did @5.5k yesterday cause they are fearing their stock will be less than 5k worth each tomorrow.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-15 11:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the more fun thing to argue about is what job is best for speedrunning salvage and if its worth your time to stop and do things like ramparts or just gun for the boss in the interest of time=gil.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-05-15 11:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It can't be done, even if you were sad enough to try for 24 hours straight
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-05-15 11:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic's for everyone!
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-05-15 11:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of my favourite testimonial ever regarding PW at lv75 "After 20 hours fighting PW we eventually gave up as many of the LS members had taken ill" Lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6