Fencer builds
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-13 02:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither's especially relevant to a Savage Blade build really. The WSD's not half bad for it though given WAR's high effective TP value on each WS.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-13 02:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
C.rate > C.dmg? O.o

It's the WSD, which is extremely effective on WS's like Savage and Mistral. The CHD is just a nice secondary state, rate is better but not by a huge amount.
By Skarwind 2016-01-13 11:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So I capped club and unlocked black halo last night.

I fought against Aerns and well. The damage was impressive, but I think I'll stick with Savage Blade for sure.

I was just thinking outside the box. Black Halo didn't even come close to Savage Blade.

Judgment wasn't bad though, I can see it being useful for monsters that require blunt damage.

Edit: it came in handy on #11 in WoE, pretty fun too.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-01-14 20:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Club is very fun to play with against Belphegor in Reisen. Puts up stupid numbers. 20k-25k Black Halos

Reikiko is amazing. Wish my blu could use. Its amazing for savage as well as Vorpal Blade. The Regain allows me to be at 3000k tp at the beginning of every nm fight. Its my favorite weapon on the game right now.

Also been using /thf. I have been pretty impressed. Start off each fight with a 30k-40k SA + Savage Blade. Then Spam 15k-20ks til SA is ready again(if the nm is even still alive at that point).

Have Tanmogayi +1 and luv it too but Reikiko stole my heart or bloodlust.
By Skarwind 2016-01-21 01:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got cloud splitter.
So far I'm doing just under 4,000 damage at 1000TP. Using Aerns as my test monsters

It's kind of underwhelming, will SR gear make that much of an impact? I just came back not too long ago, new account and everything.

So far I have:
weapon: Blurred Axe
STR:112+130
MND:81+68
MATK+106(MATK+25 on V Mask/MATK Esch. Cuisses/Phorcys Korazin/Accessories)
WSDMG+12%
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-21 02:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Skarwind said: »
It's kind of underwhelming, will SR gear make that much of an impact? I just came back not too long ago, new account and everything.

Yes Founders does make that much of a difference. Also what shield are you using and how much TP Bonus is being applied. 4000 @1000TP, with minimal MATK and Fencer sounds about right. Once you get more JP and a better setup you can hit for 6~8K. Then get a Geo-Maliase and it shoots up to 16K, add Geo-Acumen and your over 20K. Also Aerns are a stupid test subject as they have different jobs and could have MDB / Shell / ect. Instead use sheep or mandies outside Adoulin. That will give you a solid baseline to work from.

Here is the thing with magic attacks, they don't scale with level. Physical attacks use attack / defense for the damage multiplier, and those both scale with level and have a known cap. Magic on the other hand doesn't, all players and monsters have 100 magic attack and 100 magic defense naturally. A level 1 Warrior will have the same natural magic attack as an iLevel 119 Warrior, this also applies to monsters. Certain jobs get a bonus to magic attack or magic defense, this is a value added on top of that 100 base number. Bonus's from gear and buffs are added, penalties from debuffs are subtracted.

You have 206 Magic Attack (100 base +106 gear), assuming no vorseals / ionis / ect which could also add to that value. That monster, depending on class and type, could have it's own magic defense bonus. Currently we can't find any cap to the multiplier for magic damage, and so with the right buffs, debuffs and gear, you can push it far beyond the physical ratio cap. So if your going to do any tests, do them on monsters without MDB or MDT for consistent numbers that can then be compared.
 Ragnarok.Mostro
Server: Ragnarok
user: krsnik
By Ragnarok.Mostro 2016-02-06 14:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone share an actual savage blade set with an updated gear available in the game please. If possible one set that wont include the Lutratio set pieces.

Thanks
 Bahamut.Lykinia
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-02-07 13:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 337660

Argosy Celata Path A or you Can go Path D for Accuracy
Argosy Sollerets Path A
Odyssean Gaunlets augments are +4 wsd +10 ACC, +30 ATT

ItemSet 341808
This set does excellent for me on most content under Lvl 135.
Argosy Celata and Sollerets Path A
Argosy Hauberk Path A,B or D. I like D.
Odyssean Gauntlets same as above.

ItemSet 341809
This set is pretty good if you don't have Argosy.
Despair Helm Path D
Odyssean Chestplate augment +15 STR , +31 acc, + 37 att and SE trolled me with cure potency received 3%.
Eschite Greaves Path D
Odyssean gauntlets have +14 STR and +30Att for this set.

Scary thing is that my most of my savage blades range between 15k-23k. Good majority of them hovering around the 17k-18k range.
This gear isn't close to being the best. eikiko probably has alot to do with it but dmg is still pretty awesome with Tanmo +1 or Fettering Blade.
[+]
 Asura.Mostro
user: krsnik
By Asura.Mostro 2016-02-07 16:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot Lykinia. This will give me an idea more or less to find the pieces I am missing.

Also, I know this might not be the right threat but, will warrior benefit more from Ragnarok or Bravura? (I am trying to decide which relic to build)

Thanks ^^
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-02-07 16:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure that TP bonus Moonshade will perform better than Tati with how absurdly well Savage scales with TP. I'd also suggest Shukuyu Ring in place of Ifrit, if you can clear Escha Suzaku.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-02-08 18:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Pretty sure that TP bonus Moonshade will perform better than Tati with how absurdly well Savage scales with TP. I'd also suggest Shukuyu Ring in place of Ifrit, if you can clear Escha Suzaku.

Absolutely. Haven't finished WOTG yet and have been unlucky with lotting the ring.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-02-08 19:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mostro said: »
Thanks a lot Lykinia. This will give me an idea more or less to find the pieces I am missing.

Also, I know this might not be the right threat but, will warrior benefit more from Ragnarok or Bravura? (I am trying to decide which relic to build)

Thanks ^^

You're welcome. IMO Bravura. GAXE is truly disappointing damage-wise, however skillchains are important. The buffs after reforging should make it worthwhile. If the process is not pure insanity, I would make both.

More about savage blade, I also have a /thf build is pretty fun. Basically play like a thief TA +Vorpal Blade, SA+Savage Blade. You lose the +15 stp from /sam but gain a "Mighty strike" buffed Savage Blade (27k-41k with Zerk, Warcry and tomahawk.) every minute.

Just change ammo to Yetshila, Boii Calligae +1, Mauler's Mantle with crit dmg augs, Valor Mask with str and crit dmg augs. 23% Crit dmg from gear 10 % from gifts, 14% wsd from gifts and gear. +230 TP Bonus gifts +150 from shield and Empy Legs. If only I could muster the motivation to finish WOTG.
By Dsuza 2016-02-10 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys probably a obvious question that has been answered before but:

Does Magic DMG help with Cloudsplitter DMG? Or just Magic Attack Bonus?

Does MAgic Acc Skill + actually help the ACC of the WS Cloudsplitter?

And what is everyones overall opinion on the updated Emp Axe? Is it the best or can other ones still be better with augments?

Thanks in advance
 Bismarck.Norminator
Server: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-02-15 09:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to try a fencer build on my war, I will like to know what is the current TP gear tou are using and which are the good sub job ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-15 13:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dsuza said: »
Sorry guys probably a obvious question that has been answered before but:

Does Magic DMG help with Cloudsplitter DMG? Or just Magic Attack Bonus?

Does MAgic Acc Skill + actually help the ACC of the WS Cloudsplitter?

And what is everyones overall opinion on the updated Emp Axe? Is it the best or can other ones still be better with augments?

Thanks in advance

Magic damage does indeed calculate into any magical WS's damage, but the amount added is usually fairly trivial. It's noteworthy, but not as much as Magic attack bonus or pure WSD. Also, magic accuracy does help with resists. Generally they aren't a huge deal unless fighting NMs, however.

As far as Farsha goes. It's still pretty meh imho. While +70 to Cloudsplitter's relevant stats is pretty cool, it's only 40% of both I believe. So in reality you are gaining the benefit of +28 to your actual damage in your stats. While magic damage contributes to overall damage, I'm not entirely sure that it's enough to warrant the making of the weapon.
By Dsuza 2016-02-15 13:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey thanks a lot for your reply Trulusia.

I apologize, I should have asked this as well in my post so you (or anyone else) wouldn't have to answer again but:

What is "the best" and other good Axes WAR can use right now then?

Also, what are the minimum augments to aim for to make them decent?

Even "The best" Axe with pretty much the best augments you can get. Does that even compare to Sword with Savage Blade?

I'm talking about Mistral Axe compared to Savage Blade by the way, not like fully buffed Cloudsplitter with GEO debuffs.

I still would like to get a nice Axe to play with/to have regardless, but still curious if it can even compare to Savage Blade spam.

Thanks again.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-02-15 15:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Norminator said: »
I want to try a fencer build on my war, I will like to know what is the current TP gear tou are using and which are the good sub job ?

ItemSet 341887

/sam and /thf are what i'm usually on.

Valor: 2 pieces DA+5 and 2 piece STP+7.
25+ acc on each as well.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-03-23 23:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if its been asked.

Any idea what:

Fencer+1 or Fencer+2 does exactly. I'm referring to Blurred Shield+1/Boi Pants +1
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-03-23 23:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to say its another tier to the Job Trait. I.E

Fencer +1 adds - +50TP, +1% Crit rate
Fencer +2 adds - +100TP, +2% Crit rate
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-23 23:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Each fencer +1 is another +50TP and likely +1% crit. The legs generally aren't worth it but the shield is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-03 11:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what would be nice? If Fencer added 1% JA haste per trait level.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-04-03 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to make it like something generic does that, not fencer. Would screw over 2handers so hard if they did that. Ultra troll.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-03 13:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
They need to make it like something generic does that, not fencer. Would screw over 2handers so hard if they did that. Ultra troll.

2hd can cap their JA haste though. Well, not WAR but only barely. Really, WAR is just getting screwed by having no sort of haste at all.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-04-04 00:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »

2hd can cap their JA haste though. Well, not WAR but only barely. Really, WAR is just getting screwed by having no sort of haste at all.

Which is my point, War just gets unnecessarily boned with never being able to inherently cap haste. As far as I know it's the only normal DD job currently that cannot do it, except Drk which can but lacks it for 70 seconds after 3 minutes. Both jobs should really not have to rely on Hasso at this point.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-04-06 07:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new jse cape and aug options and the crit dmg, crit hit rate and wsdmg gear/aug available -

Do Vorpal Blade/Rampage make a proper comeback or are they still second fiddle to Savage Blade/Mistral Axe?

If Savage is still king as a sword ws for War then I'll focus on wsdmg and str.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-06 07:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
With the new jse cape and aug options and the crit dmg, crit hit rate and wsdmg gear/aug available -

Do Vorpal Blade/Rampage make a proper comeback or are they still second fiddle to Savage Blade/Mistral Axe?

I don't think it's worth it on stronger content.

Granted I've done some nice Vorpal Blades before, but I only use it when Blood Rage is up.

Rampage seems to be pretty weak.

Savage Blade, Mistral Axe, Calamity, and Cloudsplitter (under the right conditions) seem to do the best damage.
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-04-06 07:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Depends on buffs and your target.

To use a recent example I had Vorpal/Rampage performing consistently better on Tenzen when he got to lower health % presumably after he ate his rice ball.

The recent WS (pdif) update did nice things for crit WS, but honestly I've seen much better results from Reso spam than fencer builds lately. Unless I particularly need Cloudsplitter or a powerful distortion WS (ruinator still shits on ground strike) I'm not using 1h setups much anymore.

Edit: Actually it occurs to me now that I was dual-wielding for Tenzen spam, so that definitely skews results away from the more powerful single hit WS.

tldr; Nevermind!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-06 08:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What does everyone think of the revamped Ares stuff? I have the +1 hands/feet so far.

ItemSet 342960

I think I'm going to go with this for my fencer TP Build.

Currently using this:

ItemSet 342871

For Sword I'm stuck with Sangarius+1, I haven't had any luck with the Cerb UNM :/

My Mistral Axe's are doing pretty nice damage over all though. I use sword when I know I won't have accuracy issues.

The Emicho Armor I'm using has accuracy augments.

Body-AugmentB:HP+50, DEX+10, Accuracy+15
Hands-D:Accuracy+20, "Dual Wield"+5, Pet: Accuracy+20
Feet-B:HP+50, DEX+10, Accuracy+15
Odyssean Cuisses have about 40 acc/attack.
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-04-06 08:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What does everyone think of the revamped Ares stuff? I have the +1 hands/feet so far.

Feet look nice for 1-hit WS, body looks decent for Upheaval, but don't think either beats well augmented Odyssean/Valorous.

The rest is interesting for DT/hybrid sets, but none of it appears to be ground breaking.

On a side note, I really like how SE has gone back to a more side-grade oriented gear progression lately. Figuring out how different individual pieces synergize with each other within gear sets has always been one of my favorite aspects of this game.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-06 09:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Padisharcreel said: »
Quote:

Feet look nice for 1-hit WS, body looks decent for Upheaval, but don't think either beats well augmented Odyssean/Valorous.

The rest is interesting for DT/hybrid sets, but none of it appears to be ground breaking.

On a side note, I really like how SE has gone back to a more side-grade oriented gear progression lately. Figuring out how different individual pieces synergize with each other within gear sets has always been one of my favorite aspects of this game.

The mask, even the NQ was a nice addition. I was trying to find a good DT/MDT head for the longest time. That nice helmet from the wyrm UNM excludes WAR :(