Fencer builds
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-09-09 22:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I updated my Cloudsplitter set posted above. While doing some T1 NMs in Escha-Zi'Tah that nice little ammo piece dropped off the Taurus NM.

Looks to be best in slot for Cloudsplitter build along with a little bit of Attack+
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-28 13:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

if you can get a Deviant Necklace (I cannot for the life of me remember if it's a Vagary drop or somewhere else >.>) it should be better than Stoicheion.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-28 22:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also while /RDM will give you the best pure damage, I've found /SAM to be the best overall due to the 15 Store TP, Sekka and Meditate. Makes self SCing darkness possible and nowadays everything is about SCing.

Strangely enough, CS turned out to be extremely useful for closing SC's. It can do dark off any L3 dark WS or if someone solo's dark, or light off any Fusion WS. The same setup that makes 40~99K MB's possible also raise's CS's damage to obscene levels which in turn raises the resulting SC damage.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-12-01 19:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Also while /RDM will give you the best pure damage, I've found /SAM to be the best overall due to the 15 Store TP, Sekka and Meditate. Makes self SCing darkness possible and nowadays everything is about SCing.

Strangely enough, CS turned out to be extremely useful for closing SC's. It can do dark off any L3 dark WS or if someone solo's dark, or light off any Fusion WS. The same setup that makes 40~99K MB's possible also raise's CS's damage to obscene levels which in turn raises the resulting SC damage.

This is very true. Did this a moment ago...

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 20:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why more people don't try fencer builds, they are really powerful and now that we have Valour / Odyssean armor there isn't a big accuracy gap between WAR and jobs like BLU anymore. Savage Blade spam is powerful as *** and Axe gives such large skillchain capabilities. I've already augmented the new GAXE / AXE from Escha and it's pretty nuts. I'll post my augments when I get home later.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-01 21:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why more people don't try fencer builds, they are really powerful and now that we have Valour / Odyssean armor there isn't a big accuracy gap between WAR and jobs like BLU anymore. Savage Blade spam is powerful as *** and Axe gives such large skillchain capabilities. I've already augmented the new GAXE / AXE from Escha and it's pretty nuts. I'll post my augments when I get home later.

I don't know why they don't either. Around the time that Vagary came out, I started tooling around with Fencer builds on WAR. I mentioned that after you do all of the math, you really aren't WSing that much slower with a single wield, and the WS should be much stronger if you are doing Savage/Cloudsplitter. Not to mention all the WS damage gear you can throw at it. And now it's even stronger than what it was. Seems to me that it's the ideal way to play WAR now, but the playerbase just isn't for it I guess.
By Felgarr 2015-12-01 21:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pics? augments? This sounds really cool. What gearsets are you using?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-12-01 22:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For anything that's magic resistant, or strong vs. Cloudsplitter then yeah I have no problem using a Great Axe and spamming Ukko's Fury.

And the old Sword/Shield combo, with Savage Blade spam, it's crazy.

For those wondering, that was a 4-step skillchain. Death Blossom > Death Blossom > Distortion > Leaden Salute > Darkness > Cloudsplitter > x2 Darkness

Malthar, the RDM pulled with Induration, GEO had a Blaze of Glory'd Malaise bubble down. COR did Thunder Shot just prior to my use of Cloudsplitter. We definitely don't need SC SCH or BLM MB to do Apex mobs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 22:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a part with two WAR's doing Cloudsplitter for darkness with water MB's on crawlers. Got 4.5M CP/hr and I was doing 20~30K CS's with upwards of 40~49K SC's. Almost half the mobs HP was gone before the MB even happened. With a four step boosting it then your talking insane SC damage that kills the monster instantly.

Other then Savage Blade and Cloudsplitter you also have Mistral Axe. Mistral has similar TP scaling as CS with a 50% STR WSC. It's not quite as powerful as Savage but has a fusion property which is extremely useful. You can even link Mistral and CS for light.

CS gear sets are mostly founders gear with the eschite legs and some MAB back / waist / rings / neck / ammo. There is no dStat term so the only thing that effect it's damage is a 40% STR / MND WSC and more MAB. It's essential an ideal warrior magic WS.

Felgarr said: »

When I get home later I'll post some. I've done a ton of updating with new Valour gear and with capped magic haste I can easily Self-SC.

I might also add that Vorpal Blade and Rampage are extremely powerful on a Fencer build. Use elemental neck + gorget, the new rancor ring and warriors JSE back then pile on STR / attack / accuracy with the Emp Head / Feet. WAR gets a ridiculous amount of +crit and +crit damage from gifts along with extra +crit from those WS's TP mod. Blood Rage can give you a 40% crit rate bonus for 60s which stacks with everything else and creates a near mighty strikes effect. I was hitting five or six criticals in a row.
By Cheatyface 2015-12-01 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd been working on something like this but hadn't gotten around to it until recently. At Apex camps without any outside mab buffs I can still CS for 10~12k, and I'm now very interested to try acumen/malaise.

I was just curious if Fotia or raw mab (say sanctity necklace/eschan stone) would be better for neck/waist?

My current setup looks like this:
ItemSet 339882
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-01 23:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheatyface said: »
I was just curious if Fotia or raw mab (say sanctity necklace/eschan stone) would be better for neck/waist?

I find MAB to be more useful, only because WAR doesn't have much to begin with. Also depending on how much TP you have Moonshade might not be helping you at all due to Fencer give so damn much. Otherwise that's pretty much the set you want and you can put some some pretty impressive numbers. Savage and Mistral are still stronger without outside buffs, but Cloud can be buffed far greater with Malaise + Accumen which is what will be present if any SC / MB nukers are involved.
By Cheatyface 2015-12-01 23:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick response. I have rules to equip a different earring if my TP is over a certain value. (In this case Crematio)

I'd been thinking about pumping more stones into kumba, but I may just use purgation until I get my hands on the new Reisenjima axe.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-12-01 23:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a part with two WAR's doing Cloudsplitter for darkness with water MB's on crawlers. Got 4.5M CP/hr and I was doing 20~30K CS's with upwards of 40~49K SC's. Almost half the mobs HP was gone before the MB even happened. With a four step boosting it then your talking insane SC damage that kills the monster instantly.

Other then Savage Blade and Cloudsplitter you also have Mistral Axe. Mistral has similar TP scaling as CS with a 50% STR WSC. It's not quite as powerful as Savage but has a fusion property which is extremely useful. You can even link Mistral and CS for light.

CS gear sets are mostly founders gear with the eschite legs and some MAB back / waist / rings / neck / ammo. There is no dStat term so the only thing that effect it's damage is a 40% STR / MND WSC and more MAB. It's essential an ideal warrior magic WS.

When I get home later I'll post some. I've done a ton of updating with new Valour gear and with capped magic haste I can easily Self-SC.

I might also add that Vorpal Blade and Rampage are extremely powerful on a Fencer build. Use elemental neck + gorget, the new rancor ring and warriors JSE back then pile on STR / attack / accuracy with the Emp Head / Feet. WAR gets a ridiculous amount of +crit and +crit damage from gifts along with extra +crit from those WS's TP mod. Blood Rage can give you a 40% crit rate bonus for 60s which stacks with everything else and creates a near mighty strikes effect. I was hitting five or six criticals in a row.

Eschite legs are no more. I got super lucky with an augment on Odyssean legs. I was trying to make myself a new TP piece (chose melee path), and instead I somehow ended up with a killer Cloudsplitter piece. MAB +25 (same as Eschite legs) and WS Dmg +2% augments.

I also got M. Acc +25, MAB +25, WS Dmg +1% augment on Odyssean hands. Since the hands already had WS dmg +2% native, the extra +1% is the cherry on top.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-02 00:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I kept Eschite legs because my Odyssean legs got Acc +38 Atk +25 on them and that's simply too good to pass up. They already have +15 acc, 5 store TP and I think some DA on them. Warriors leg slot is terribly bare of good accuracy TP pieces so I kept them and they are awesome.
By Cheatyface 2015-12-02 00:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny enough, the reason I don't use Eschite legs for CS is because I'm using path B for accuracy at the moment. Terribly bare indeed.

Unfortunately for me I don't main warrior, so it'll be awhile before I get most of the odyssean set with my LS.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-02 00:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the Odyssean is mostly for tanks, but the legs are absolutely amazing as a TP piece while the Valour legs are kinda bad at that. The Valour Head / Hands and Feet on the other hand are absolutely epic as accuracy TP pieces. Not sure about the body but if it can get the same crazy acc values then it's gonna be great. I hate losing the epic combination of Boij Head + Body + Feet but it beats whiffing.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-12-02 02:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SE gave us the hook-up this update. I got 3 each of the Valor head, legs and a couple hands. Put da +5 on a set and got at least 30/30 att/acc on another set. Gonna keep at it till I get both on one set. No luck on valor feet yet. Mimic sucks.

I sot a couple Odyssean hands and legs. 1 pair of legs with +39 accuracy and +26 attack. Also got lucky to be a part of a couple Sarama kills and picked up a Tanmogayi(+35 ACC 177 dmg glorious!). Results from the pieces I do have for my fencer build have been pretty awesome. So many great warrior toys this update.

I made a real nice Savage Blade/Mistral Axe hands out Odyssean wsd +4% +28 Att +10 Mind.

Kinda disappointed warrior isn't on the Aeonic 1h axe. Guess I'm gonna make Empy Axe.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-12-02 07:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I kept Eschite legs because my Odyssean legs got Acc +38 Atk +25 on them and that's simply too good to pass up. They already have +15 acc, 5 store TP and I think some DA on them. Warriors leg slot is terribly bare of good accuracy TP pieces so I kept them and they are awesome.

*sigh*

That's the kind of augment I was trying for on my Odyssean legs. The MAB +25 augment was a total surprise and completely /random as f**k.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-02 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Took about a hundred stones. You'll eventually get a high acc augment if you keep throwing white stones at it, and honestly those legs are basically a "I need accuracy" piece so you should be using white stones anyway. There are other pieces that can serve as MAB CS items so I'd try to get another Ody pair and make em a TP piece. I eventually turned my Valour legs into a -PDT / accuracy item because I just happened to get good augments on em.

My feet got something like 33 accuracy, 20-something attack and Store TP +7. They already had 5 store TP so it basically became my permanent go-to "accuracy TP / Store TP" foot gear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-02 11:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here's my augments

Head: Valorous Mask
Augments: STR +12 Acc +31 Atk +25 Enmity +2

Hands: Valour mitts
Augments: VIT +11 Acc +35 Atk +30 Crit +1%

Legs: Odyssean Cuisses
Augments: Accuracy +38 Attack +24

Legs: Valorous hose (PDT set)
Augments: Accuracy +29 Attack +34 PDT-4%

Feet: Valorous greaves
Augments: STR +7 Accuracy +35 Attack +23 Store TP +7

Weapons
Digirbalag (Axe)
Augments: DMG +9 Accuracy +20 Attack +13 WSD +1%

Been trying to get a higher DMG augment that also has a high accuracy augment.

Aganoshe (Great Axe)
Augments: DMG +26 STR +2 Accuracy +25 Attack +7 WSD +1%

Both of those weapons are amazing. The Axe has +40 accuracy total, the Great Axe has +50 accuracy. Both have a really high amount of DMG. These are easily the best non-RME weapons in their class (as of now) and might even be the best when accuracy is taken into account.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-12-02 14:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are mine so far.

{ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Crit. hit damage +4%','Attack+11',}}

head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+24 Attack+24','"Store TP"+4','Accuracy+8',}}

{ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Attack+9','"Dbl.Atk."+5','DEX+6','Accuracy+8',}}

hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'"Dbl.Atk."+4','VIT+9','Accuracy+8','Attack+10',}}

hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Magic dmg. taken -2%','STR+1','Accuracy+13','Attack+14',}

hands={ name="Odyssean Gauntlets", augments={'Attack+30','Weapon skill damage +4%','MND+2','Accuracy+10',}}
(have 2nd pair wit +10 str 14 acc and 25 att probly gonna try to make mab of this and 2nd pair of legs.

legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','STR+9','Accuracy+8','Attack+13',}}

legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','Weapon skill damage +1%','Accuracy+14',}}
(Got a 2nd set of these aug'd with stp +4, 21 acc/14 att

legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments{'Accuracy+14','"Dbl.Atk."+5','DEX+3','Attack+2',}}

Double att overkill?
By Felgarr 2015-12-07 21:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice but no MAB for CS?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-08 20:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice but no MAB for CS?

None of those are CS pieces and none of them get anywhere near enough MAB to be useful for CS. For CS you want mostly SR gear.

Head: Jumalik Helm - +35 MAB +20 MDMG +20 MAcc
Body: Founder's Breastplate - +35 MAB +35 MAcc
Hands: Founder's Gauntlets - +35 MAB
Legs: Eschite - +25 MAB
Feet: Founder's Greaves - +35 MAB

The legs are the weakest point though I haven't yet seen over 25 MAB on any of my augments for Valor or Odyssean. Also remember CS has no dINT term, it's only stat mods are STR and MND and all this gear has a ***ton of STR on it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By Skarwind 2016-01-12 23:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to sound real stupid. Have any of you considered club? Caps about 10 points lower than sword. I was doing New Nyzul Isle and a Mafic Cudgel was appraised.

I'll have to cap my skill and do more testing on this.

Judgment seems to be spiking pretty high, I haven't unlocked black halo yet, but I imagine it will be similar to Savage Blade. Just more of a MND mod. My skill is only 270, but my Judgments were wrecking Nyzul bosses.

En-Earth seems to proc a lot as well.

[Main] All Races
DPS: 3065 DMG:142 Delay:278 VIT+15 INT+6 MND+6 Accuracy+27 Club skill +228 Parrying skill +228 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity+6 Physical damage taken -10% Additional effect: Earth damage
LV 99 WAR MNK WHM BLM RDM THF PLD DRK BST BRD RNG SAM NIN DRG SMN BLU COR PUP DNC SCH GEO RUN

Looks like it drops from Titan Prime II

If anything its nice having options, especially if something is weak against blunt damage.
By Chyula 2016-01-12 23:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you see savage blade's silly dmg with high amount of tp bonus?.
By Skarwind 2016-01-13 00:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Have you see savage blade's silly dmg with high amount of tp bonus?.

Yes I'm using a Sang+1, Clubs Weaponskills also seem equally silly.

Too bad most of them aren't even good for war, or war can't use them period.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-13 00:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Judgment's actually better than Black Halo or Savage Blade when you effectively have 3000%- it just has worse SC properties. Divinity is probably the best club and also has Flash Nova/Seraph Strike-friendly stats.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-01-13 00:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Judgment's actually better than Black Halo or Savage Blade when you effectively have 3000%- it just has worse SC properties.

No it's not.

Savage Blade - 2 hits
3000 TP = 14.75 fTP (13.75 from first hit)
50% STR 50% MND

Judgement - 1 hit
3000 TP = 12.0 fTP
50% STR 50% MND

Black Halo - 2 hits
3000TP = 10.75 (9.75 from first hit)
70% MND 30% STR

Mistral Axe - 1 hit
3000TP = 13.625
50% STR

Cloudsplitter - magic
3000TP = 8.5 fTP
40% MND 40% STR, no dSTAT

Savage is easily king of the hill followed by Mistral and Judgement with BH being behind them. Cloudsplitter gets special recognition because with the right buffs / debuffs it destroys everything else easily, those buffs / debuffs would be the same used to amp magic damage in general.

For swords I use the following

For pure accuracy
Tanmogayi +1

Quote:
DMG:177 Delay:280 HP+55 MP+55 Accuracy+36
Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242
Magic Accuracy skill +188
Critical hit rate +4%
Unity Ranking: "Fast Cast"+3~6%

I want to get this one day

Reikiko

Quote:
DMG:164 Delay:268 Attack+43
Sword skill +242
Parrying skill +242
"Regain"+30
Critical hit damage +5%
Weapon Skill damage +4%

Now watching everyone focus on the wrong stat.
By Chyula 2016-01-13 01:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Judgment's actually better than Black Halo or Savage Blade when you effectively have 3000%- it just has worse SC properties.

No it's not.

Savage Blade - 2 hits
3000 TP = 14.75 fTP (13.75 from first hit)
50% STR 50% MND

Judgement - 1 hit
3000 TP = 12.0 fTP
50% STR 50% MND

Black Halo - 2 hits
3000TP = 10.75 (9.75 from first hit)
70% MND 30% STR

Mistral Axe - 1 hit
3000TP = 13.625
50% STR

Cloudsplitter - magic
3000TP = 8.5 fTP
40% MND 40% STR, no dSTAT

Savage is easily king of the hill followed by Mistral and Judgement with BH being behind them. Cloudsplitter gets special recognition because with the right buffs / debuffs it destroys everything else easily, those buffs / debuffs would be the same used to amp magic damage in general.

For swords I use the following

For pure accuracy
Tanmogayi +1

Quote:
DMG:177 Delay:280 HP+55 MP+55 Accuracy+36
Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242
Critical hit rate +4%
Unity Ranking: "Fast Cast"+3~6%

I want to get this one day

Reikiko

Quote:
DMG:164 Delay:268 Attack+43
Sword skill +242
Parrying skill +242
"Regain"+30
Critical hit damage +5%
Weapon Skill damage +4%

Now watching everyone focus on the wrong stat.
C.rate > C.dmg? O.o