Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » may 2015 - new attachments
may 2015 - new attachments
By dustinfoley 2015-05-14 19:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone found them/have the recipies from them (you can usually get the recipie from checking the crafting npc, but im not a crafter so...)

anyone wanna post them?
By dustinfoley 2015-05-15 04:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

just bought 9/10 (didnt find regulator,..not terribly upset)

will post ele costs in a second
By dustinfoley 2015-05-15 04:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Inhibitor 2 - 2 fire
Amplifire - 2 ice
Repeater - 2 wind
barrier module 1 - 1 earth
dynamo 2 - 3 thunder
resister - 1 water
resister 2 - 2 water
arcanic cell - 1 light
arcanic cell 2 - 2 light

General thoughts, i usually run wind/wind/thunder:
Fire:
I use ts2/ts3 so i get 6+9% atk with no maneuvers, so giving up 6% atk for ~15 store tp and decreased weaponskills (inhibitor 2) doesnt seem very good to me.

Ice:
If I am running blm for some reason, it is usually in a DAD - 3x ice (ice maker) situation. We rarely summon a blm and let it sit out. That said IF WE DO for some reason want to keep blm out and not use ice maker, amplifier will fit this decently. I cant say i personally use blm in parties, but i guess it could work.

Wind:
TC1/TC2/DM = 7/8 wind elemental.
If you give up tc1 for repeater, you are giving up 14% haste. I know tc1 with 2 wind = 20%, but tc2 = ~30% and magic haste caps at 44, so the most tc1 could give is 14.

The other alternative, is to give up DM, and give up -8s ranged delay. If you use ss/ss thats going from 12s ranged delay to 20 (5 ranged attacks -> 3 per minute), if your like me and use ve/ss then you go from 28s->36s (2.1->1.7 rng/min). So if repeater adds 20% Double shot with 2 wind maneuvers, it breaks even for ve/ss, but would need to be 60% to break even with ss/ss. (ill check these on the pet spread sheet at work)

earth:
a lower level version of something we already have...at first glance it might appear useless, but it makes it easier to go tank mode with AP3/2 and still have room for more earth attachments.

thunder:
easy choice, coiler 1/coiler 2/dynamo 2 if you dont need acc, coiler 2/dynamo 2/ target marker if you do need acc. and since i always roll with 1 thunder attachment and shiromochi, that keeps my acc capped...on pretty much everything.

water:
My remaining attachments are usually mj3/ap3/optic fiber/ar3, if i am worried about debuffs there is maintenance. I dont see me gving up mdb for resistance to debuffs, dead automaton are much worse than debuffed automaton now with increased maneuver duration. I guess if you have room on a tank pet for a pet only situation it might be useful. but not for everyday parties imho, unless the mob only debuffs and has no ae magic dmg (rare, but possible).

light:
again, attachments for blm /rdm pets for use when keeping them out. Pet spell dmg is not based on tp, and the default ws is aweful dmg, but if you have room on a blm build for it, a few extra ws wont hurt. Would much rather have had an optic fiber II
By Zeak 2015-05-15 05:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the Alchemy synths. Everything requires Iatrochemistry KI, per usual:

Arcanic Cell
Journeyman
1x Vial of Mercury
1x Loop of Carbon Fiber
1x Bottle of Light Anima
1x Glass Sheet
1x Vial of Plasma

Arcanic Cell II
Journeyman
1x Vial of Mercury
1x Loop of Carbon Fiber
1x Bottle of Light Anima
1x Flint Glass Sheet
1x Vial of Plasma

Inhibitors II
Journeyman
1x Hectaeyes eye
1x Bottle of Fire Anima
1x Glass Sheet
1x Vial of Plasma Oil
1x Flint Glass Sheet

Amplifiers
Craftsman
1x Hectaeyes eye
1x Bottle of Ice Anima
1x Glass Sheet
1x Vial of Plasma Oil
1x Flint Glass Sheet

Repeater
Craftsman
1x Loop of Glass Fiber
1x Bottle of Sieglinde Putty
1x Bundle of Homonculus Nerves
1x Glass Sheet
1x Chunk of High Ebonite

Dynamo II
Artisan
1x Platinum Sheet
1x Bottle of Sieglinde Putty
1x Bundle of Homonculus Nerves
1x Vial of Plasma Oil
1x Chunk of High Ebonite

Regulators*
Artisan
1x Brass Tank
1x Square of Spectral Goldenrod
1x Vial of Chimera Blood
1x Chunk of Imperial Cermet
1x Jar of Umbril ooze

One thing the note about these regulators is that the Alchemist NPC claims it requires "Clockmaking", which is a Goldsmith KI. I believe this synth is bugged or was misplaced, as I cannot attempt it with 90+ Alchemy and 40+ Goldsmithing. I would inquire that a high level Goldsmith attempt this recipe to clear this up.

On a personal note, these synths are a bit easier than the last batch, with the only annoying ingredient being the Flint Glass again. I tried selling these from 25k-50k each, but people still overbid up to 90k anyway. I tried to be nice to my fellow PUP and pass on the savings, but it blew up in my face. Although, that's pretty typical for this game...
By dustinfoley 2015-05-15 05:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That explains regulator being the only one i couldnt find.

Loud speaker 3 is still spelled Loud speaker 2.

Quick question about double shot (repeater) does it show up as just a double dmg range attack? Cuase with wind wind thunder i didnt see a single 'double' attack on range, but i wasnt watching the damage until the end and noticed a few RA doing 1400 dmg instead of the normal dmg.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-15 05:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yes RA will just have higher double dmg
By dustinfoley 2015-05-15 06:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, i will parse that tonight when i get home then. I only had like 5 minutes with it this morning and totally missed the double dmg until the end ;-/
By dustinfoley 2015-05-15 07:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay plugging numbers into the pet dd spread sheet

DM - 2x wind (tc1/tc2/dm)
SS 360.0
SS/VE 362.3

Repeater - 2x wind (tc1/tc2/repeater)
(assuming the following values)
10%
SS 349.3
SS/VE 360.3

20%
SS 350.9
SS/VE 361.2

50%
SS 355.6
SS/VE 363.7

80%
SS 360.2
SS/VE 366.2

As you can see, ss/ve only needs ~20% for repeater >= DM, but ss/ss needs 80% for repeater>DM.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-15 12:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs a way longer parse, but so far I am at about 33% with 2 wind maneuvers for repeater.

hard to get big enough data sets.

it is just double dmg, but you also get double the tp (210 vs 105)

so for ve/ss its a wash with drum magazine as far as dps goes. for ss/ss your better off with DM.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-16 04:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

which are the Goldsmithing ones?
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-05-17 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Barrier Module
Journeyman Goldsmithing (Clockmaking)
Fire Crystal
1x vial of slime oil
1x loop of glass fiber
1x mythril coil
1x mythril gear machine

Resister
Fire Crystal
1x blessed mythril sheet
1x jar of Goblin grease
1x square of ebonite
1x water tank
1x hydro pump

Resister II
Fire Crystal
1x blessed mythril sheet
1x jar of Goblin grease
1x square of ebonite
1x water tank
1x kilo pump
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-20 00:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone find out what inhibitor II does? im not sure how they can imvrove on what I does? im curious
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-20 01:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
anyone find out what inhibitor II does? im not sure how they can imvrove on what I does? im curious

It gives more stp. I like it on the Ranger puppet. I could probably do some testing tomorrow to figure out the values.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-20 05:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-21 14:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

It gives more stp. I like it on the Ranger puppet. I could probably do some testing tomorrow to figure out the values.

Have you noticed any difference in the WS selection logic? I'd honestly like them to ditch that aspect altogether on at least one of the inhibitors, and make it JUST a Store TP+ attachment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-21 20:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Have you noticed any difference in the WS selection logic? I'd honestly like them to ditch that aspect altogether on at least one of the inhibitors, and make it JUST a Store TP+ attachment.

Yeah, the puppet will specifically try to make skillchains. With whoever it can. When you are doing a pet only event, this is pretty awesome honestly.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-21 21:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the puppet will specifically try to make skillchains. With whoever it can. When you are doing a pet only event, this is pretty awesome honestly.

It definitely has its uses, but it's also infuriating when you get something like an unwanted Arcuballista or String Clipper. In situations where that might happen based on the other WS being used in the party, I can't really justify using Inhibitors even though I might still really like a straight up Store TP attachment where you could influence the automaton WS yourself, without the added "smart" skillchain AI.

Personally, I'd rather have the existing skillchaining logic just added to a different attachment (say, stick it on Scanner or Tactical Processor). Just leave the Inhibitors as pure Store TP attachments. I know this is unlikely to happen though, so as it is I'm likely to just ignore the Inhibitors entirely due to the lack of control over the chosen WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-21 21:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

it's also infuriating when you get something like an unwanted Arcuballista

Arcuballista is the ranger puppets strongest WS. I'm not joking. Armor Shatterer kinda blows. It never seems to do more than 4k, but I've seen Arcuballista's hit the Bee for 15k.
[+]
By darthmaull 2015-05-22 05:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

it's also infuriating when you get something like an unwanted Arcuballista

Arcuballista is the ranger puppets strongest WS. I'm not joking. Armor Shatterer kinda blows. It never seems to do more than 4k, but I've seen Arcuballista's hit the Bee for 15k.

I'll have to agree. I use the inhibitor a lot and with SS Arcuballista does more damage. For VE I see Bone Crusher a lot and an occasional String Clipper.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-22 05:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, there are far better fire attachments than inhibitor 1/2. And for optimal dps, 2x wind + thunder >>> 2 wind + fire.

And if your relying on the innate ability for it to just add minimal stp without fire maneuvers, your basically giving up innate atk.

I guess, if your figting stuff really far below your level where atk doesnt matter and you can drop 2x atk attachments, than store tp is a fine alternative,but i dont typically farm stuff that low very often.
By darthmaull 2015-05-22 22:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I use a thunder maneuver is for mobs that are very very evasive. I have so much acc between gear and attachments that I truly never use it. If I'm just going for damage I use 2x wind and one fire. But I cycle a lot through my maneuvers so nothing is up really long except for light maneuvers. I try to keep my auto alive as long as I can.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-22 22:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

darthmaull said: »
The only time I use a thunder maneuver is for mobs that are very very evasive. I have so much acc between gear and attachments that I truly never use it. If I'm just going for damage I use 2x wind and one fire. But I cycle a lot through my maneuvers so nothing is up really long except for light maneuvers. I try to keep my auto alive as long as I can.

Thunder is for double attack and crit, not acc so much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-23 16:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I did some intensive testing today with Amplifier in a WKR today making self darkness to test PUPs magic bursts.

I can say pretty conclusively that Amplifier is the biggest piece of crap attachment we have. Why? Because it doesn't change anything about how the automaton works. So the ONLY way to get it to magic burst is to somehow anticipate it's cast and skillchain before it does so, forcing it to MB.

If you make a skillchain, your Automaton will sit there like a dumbass, and eventually cast drain. OR absorb int. OR something else that is completely worthless.

If anyone else feels like testing it out and can get different results, please share. As far as I can tell it's worthless and does not work.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-23 17:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

thunder is for acc or crit/da depending on the mob.

Shiromoci + target marker = capped pet acc on almost everything.

Also, wind wind thunder gives more da/crit dps than wind wind fire with any combo of fire.....

came the same conclusion on amplifier....

3x ice, and it just casts nukes like normal every chance it gets. I was hoping it would be like inhibitor and not cast if you had over 1k tp and wait for a skill chain....it doesnt.

I tried to MB for a long time on reive with regain items and home stead gear and nada, couldnt time the pet to MB....waste of attachment.