Forum » FFXI » General » May update how long did it or is it takeing you
May update how long did it or is it takeing you
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-05-14 18:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My computer said 4 hours this morning and lost connection my 360 says 10 hours and is still running now. how long is the update taking you?
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-05-14 18:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I started about 2 am est time last night game still wasn't availble to play didn't finish till about 5am even thought it said only 1 hr an 30 mins at start but secs kept jumping up an up so 1 min took 3 to 5 mins sometimes
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-05-14 18:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep canceling and restarting the download until it is a normal speed, I kept getting 12 hour on this PC but once I got a good connection after 3-4 cancels and restarts it was 30 mins.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-05-14 18:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
Keep canceling and restarting the download until it is a normal speed, I kept getting 12 hour on this PC but once I got a good connection after 3-4 cancels and restarts it was 30 mins.
ok i will try that thanks.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-14 18:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The update only took 1 hour for me on both my pcs. Guess the long times for everyone else might be a bad internet connection or some external issue. But yeah, just log out and restart pol and the amount of time should be reduced. Had a issue like this before and restarting pol fixed that.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-14 19:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
My computer said 4 hours this morning and lost connection my 360 says 10 hours and is still running now. how long is the update taking you?

You don't use the links on Guildwork for A 5 MIN INSTALLATION ?!

HOW HAVE PEOPLE NOT LEARNED THIS SINCE 2009!
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-05-14 19:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »
The update only took 1 hour for me on both my pcs. Guess the long times for everyone else might be a bad internet connection or some external issue. But yeah, just log out and restart pol and the amount of time should be reduced. Had a issue like this before and restarting pol fixed that.
I didn't have to log out of PoL just cancel download and restart it while still logged in. I knew something was wrong when the stock Lenovo PC with wireless was only showing 30 mins to download and my built gaming PC with a wired connection to router showed over 12 hours.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-05-14 19:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Maybe you missed the "360" part.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-14 19:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The thread title says just about everything about people who still are surprised and *** about this in 2015.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-14 19:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Maybe you missed the "360" part.

You missed the computer at the very start, before 360. Don't try and grammar nazi me when the "taking" has no E in it (Title)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-14 20:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Downloaded the zip files so it didn't take long, but I noticed the patch had an extra check for a number of music files (but not all) which I had replaced. I'm wondering if this is a hint as to where RoV is heading. In case any of you speculative types care, songs that I got reset were (by expansion):

- Chocobo theme, wedding theme, Summerfest theme (all other original songs untouched).
- All Zilart songs (I had changed the fights and almost all zones)
- Tavnazia Safehold, Tavnazia Archipelago, Movalpolos, which was all I had replaced for CoP
- Odin's theme (Bhaflau, Besieged, Assault, BC unchanged)
- Xarcabard [S] (BC, Meebles, 3 cities unchanged). This song (and more) is actually stored in the original game folder for whatever reason, instead of with other WotG songs.
- Hades' theme, Kamihr Drifts, Ra'Kaznar, Xol Triumvirate theme. These songs are also stored in the original folder instead of with the rest of Adoulin.

edit: Just switched to RUN and noticed my Epeolatry .dat got reset too, probably other models as well.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-05-14 20:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

took me about 20 minutes. Did it during the maintenance.
By Draylo 2015-05-14 20:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin did it
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-05-14 20:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
took me about 20 minutes. Did it during the maintenance.

this ^
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-05-14 21:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought this was a thread about how long it took you to clear all the content 1 day in. LOL
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-05-14 21:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Update took me 4 hours to finish, content took me 1 hour to finish.
 leo
By leo 2015-05-14 21:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Downloaded the zip files so it didn't take long, but I noticed the patch had an extra check for a number of music files (but not all) which I had replaced. I'm wondering if this is a hint as to where RoV is heading. In case any of you speculative types care, songs that I got reset were (by expansion):

- Chocobo theme, wedding theme, Summerfest theme (all other original songs untouched).
- All Zilart songs (I had changed the fights and almost all zones)
- Tavnazia Safehold, Tavnazia Archipelago, Movalpolos, which was all I had replaced for CoP
- Odin's theme (Bhaflau, Besieged, Assault, BC unchanged)
- Xarcabard [S] (BC, Meebles, 3 cities unchanged). This song (and more) is actually stored in the original game folder for whatever reason, instead of with other WotG songs.
- Hades' theme, Kamihr Drifts, Ra'Kaznar, Xol Triumvirate theme. These songs are also stored in the original folder instead of with the rest of Adoulin.

edit: Just switched to RUN and noticed my Epeolatry .dat got reset too, probably other models as well.

A few years ago (after that problem with the PS2 having only 10GB of space) they changed the algorithm for the PlayOnline file updater. They did it so the updater always checks (touches) all files for the game when a major update is made. I think they did that so a longer time is lost at file checks, reducing the times you can hammer the update server per minute when it's crowded.

The side effect is that since it's doing a long filecheck it picks files replaced and it will "repair" them by including them on the updates list.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-05-15 03:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

45 mins on main. Straight in and happily getting all those Mog Safe 2's on all my characters.

Other comp wouldn't play ball at all. Took 4 hours for 500 files or so. Tried restarting 5 times at least.
Gave up and copied the ROM folders from my main comp to an external HD and pasted them over. Took 20 mins and finished the job np.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-05-16 11:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

for all the people who still need to do this update. if you hit the 5-10 hour wall top the install and restart it. Thank you to the guy on here who told me to do that. the update should take 30mins-2hours maxs.