Forum » FFXI » General » Job points; may 14th Sneak Peak
Job points; may 14th Sneak Peak
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-15 09:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So who liked their new job point categories? I only looked at THF and PLD so far, definitely like the Triple Attack Damage increase for THF and the Enlight damage + accuracy increase category for PLD.

BLU is nice, RDM is pretty amazing when you look at their gift updates. WAR is just godly now, it seems like SE is wanting WAR to single wield swords or axes because they keep giving them fencer stuff along with critical hit rate, critical hit damage and double attack rate. Blood Rage is kind of stupid, +1% crit per rank for ... ranged attacks, but it's just JP fodder for the godly gifts.
By Chyula 2015-05-15 09:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe they *** up on bloodrage translation, someone do a test on it. there is a staff from unity that gave crazy range stats on the NQ version and completely different stat on the +1.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-15 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
+10 attack on triple attacks? That is so useless. Also what's up with the 550 job gift for dnc and thf? Sounds like it would be bad since both had no problem hitting the delay cap before. So if it works like job haste then yay, but the way it's written sounds like it will also lower tp per hit.

Psst... you don't actually have to spend that 550th JP. Even if you can be bothered to grind that much on THF DNC, just leave it at 540 and choose one of the many garbage JP to sit at 9/10.

Agreed that it's a fairly bad "gift" though, since the extra DW would hurt a good bit of the time. Unless they're planning to fix the TP/hit reduction issue before the updates end.

To a much lesser extent, PUP gets hurt by this too... but it likely only realistically comes into play for Kenkonken PUPs (with massive MA-50 on the weapon). Mythic PUP also might not even like the entire Martial Arts JP category that PUP gets, but I see that as a major overall win for the job since it's significantly helpful for PUP without mythic.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-15 11:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Kooljack said: »
rng: increases number of projectiles from barrage by 1

The sucky thing on that is the more you get the less chance you get of it happening... so I hope it's not just another projectile but a guaranteed hit or something because what it's up to like 8 now?

.95% max acc
8 hits
only 66% chance all of them land and the more you have the worse it gets so adding more on the tail end of it is kinda... not as great as it sounds.

7 Shots base at level 90
+1 from 550 JP gift
+2 from Orion Bracers/+1
+1 from augmented Desultor Tassets

+11 shots total. This is possible because they are counted individually, but damage is grouped together. Damage can also break the 99,999 damage cap for this same reason, as seen on a prepped Volatile Matamata. But, with capped accuracy, you are looking at
11 shots x .95 for each shot = 56.8% chance at landing all 11.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-15 11:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Res said: »
Sam got boned ; ;
Uh, you have a Koga which is primarily used for Third Eye. Do you realize how overpowered you are going to be with 25% counter damage AND an extra shadow? Obviously SE just favors Sam and makes them overpowered.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-15 11:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese gonna Japanese.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-15 11:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

The sucky thing on that is the more you get the less chance you get of it happening... so I hope it's not just another projectile but a guaranteed hit or something because what it's up to like 8 now?

.95% max acc
8 hits
only 66% chance all of them land and the more you have the worse it gets so adding more on the tail end of it is kinda... not as great as it sounds.

7 Shots base at level 90
+1 from 550 JP gift
+2 from Orion Bracers/+1

+11 shots total. This is possible because they are counted individually, but damage is grouped together. Damage can also break the 99,999 damage cap for this same reason, as seen on a prepped Volatile Matamata. But, with capped accuracy, you are looking at

There is no such thing as a 99,999 damage cap, that's just the largest integer value FFXI's log window can display. I frequently bust 100,000 damage as BLU doing mata, if I wait until he's at x128 I can take well over half his HP in one spell.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 12:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Asura.Res said: »
Sam got boned ; ;
Uh, you have a Koga which is primarily used for Third Eye. Do you realize how overpowered you are going to be with 25% counter damage AND an extra shadow? Obviously SE just favors Sam and makes them overpowered.

Assuming you don't ever want to use hasso
By Ulthakptah 2015-05-15 13:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Also what's up with the 550 job gift for dnc and thf? Sounds like it would be bad since both had no problem hitting the delay cap before. So if it works like job haste then yay, but the way it's written sounds like it will also lower tp per hit.

You can easily get to delay cap but it's still useful. For instance, now I can change my capped haste set from having 5 dual wield on a taeon piece to 2% more triple attack, also my unhasted set will also have less dual wield and most triple attack. So I won't say no to that on thf at least don't know about dnc.

Also it's still better to get the least delay you can. Ya the less TP per hit is a negative. But it's not near the negative that less delay is a positive. I haven't ever done the actual math to find out why but it's easy to think about, as your delay reaches zero, your damage goes to infinity. You also proc more frequent double and triple attacks and even quad attacks, which increases rather than decreases tp gain.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

.95% max acc
8 hits

7 Shots base at level 90
+1 from 550 JP gift
+2 from Orion Bracers/+1

Thanks for the information. Honestly I'd still be happier with a longer doubleshot timer or something but, those really big numbers can be a lot of fun.
With max haste thf only needs 11 dw. This gift would make it only make you need 6, Taeon boots come with 4, so if you have a good augment on your canny cape it's actually hurting you. Heres hoping that the rawhide boots has a good path in it without dw, then I won't be as over on my dw with my cape.

Or idk maybe they could just not have dw and martial arts lower tp per hit.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-18 03:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I never understood why the Delay:TP ratio affected DW/MA so drastically, its like they never intended for you to use the traits even though they made them the most beneficial traits for the jobs that use them the most.