Escha - Zi'Tah
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Afinogen
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afinogen 2015-05-11 04:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

so, Escha - Zi'Tah, been announced as the new area, but from how they're descibing it, it sounds like a 99 version of abyssea, any thoughts lol?
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 05:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda sounds a little more like Abyssea to me with the Escha and Vorseals. I was hoping for entirely new zones, a little disapointed.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46965

I hope that Malboro is not one of the Geas Fete NMs. Sounds like soo much fun...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 05:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering they did hint that it would've been "reworked" zones and not new zones, and considering they gave us a picture of a grayed out Sanctuary of Zi'tah like, what, 2 weeks ago?
Considering all this I think you're a bit late with your "hopes" Nyruul :x
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-05-11 05:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
I was hoping for entirely new zones, a little disapointed.

Make that a very disappointed. This update aby like content...whats next VW 2.0? When you read the info on this escha thing it just feels incredibly cheap. tbh i thought they hit rock bottom with recycling content but i guess they keep to amaze me.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 05:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know, the hopes I had were already smashed 2 or so weeks ago. I should have set the expectations for the new content announced in March a lot lower to begin with.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-11 05:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Better sell all items worth anything now before its to late!
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-05-11 05:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The effects from vorseals will fade away one hour after entering Escha - Zi'Tah, but this timer can be reset by leaving and re-entering the area.

also....not this again? Is this SE's idea of making long lasting content and slow progression? forcing people to time out and having to rezone?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-11 05:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I really really don't want to judge content before it's released but...oh boy. This does not look good.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 05:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and I also wonder if entry will be gated by something like Traverse stones or some other time based/consuming system.
By DarkxStardustxDragon 2015-05-11 06:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

let me guess maybe true final boss Neo Shinryu XD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-11 06:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
whats next VW 2.0?
No, next is gonna be something called "oblivion". Given how the next 2 patches will be the same as this (i.e. 2 new Escha copypaste zones) and after that absolutely nothing as no more content patches will be released.

Not saying this is going to be good or that I like it (because I don't), but at the same time I doubt there's any space for us to act "surprised" anymore.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 06:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

DarkxStardustxDragon said: »
let me guess maybe true final boss Neo Shinryu XD

Psh it's gonna be a giant rabbit that summons hordes of small ones! Who will be undefeatable because if the rabbits don't kill you they'll crash your game.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-11 06:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea was good content, lots of rewards and not extremely job restrictive like recent content has been. It's only real failing was the atma and crour buffs were too powerful so they had to create more overpowered NMs with cheap moves, just resulted in us brewing the sh!t out of everything. The proc system was a good idea on paper, but people will always look to optimize individual loot distribution (read: bring the lowest number possible) and so it got exploited pretty badly.

So a neo-abyssea zone, complete with content would be a good idea, provided to avoid the mistakes made before. And honestly with the new enmity system in place, I doubly you'll be able to abuse it and just cure bomb melees all the time.

And for what it's worth, I'm glad they used Zi'tah as the zone of choice. I absolutely loved that zone ever since I had to do my Samurai advanced job quest. I've always felt bad that SE didn't do much with many of the zones like Zi'tah and Cape Terrigan.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-11 06:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
whats next VW 2.0?
No, next is gonna be something called "oblivion". Given how the next 2 patches will be the same as this (i.e. 2 new Escha copypaste zones) and after that absolutely nothing as no more content patches will be released.

Not saying this is going to be good or that I like it (because I don't), but at the same time I doubt there's any space for us to act "surprised" anymore.

Nahh the game will be kept running for quite some time and I highly doubt SE will cease all content production. They will never release another set of major content like SoA, but I can easily see minor things like newer NM's or revamped old ones that drop newer gear. I can envision a retuning of older zones or even a way to upgrade Salvage / NNI gear to 119. Nothing super big that requires new textures, zones or models, but simply upgrading and expanding what's already present. Audio / Visual work is what takes up oodles of developer man hours which they now want to focus towards FFXIV 2.0, doing everything else can be done with minimal staff.
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-05-11 06:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
And for what it's worth, I'm glad they used Zi'tah as the zone of choice. I absolutely loved that zone ever since I had to do my Samurai advanced job quest. I've always felt bad that SE didn't do much with many of the zones like Zi'tah and Cape Terrigan.

Yeah Zi'tah is very nice but I wanted a whole new zone to love. I guess I'm just a *** and should be happy with this though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-11 06:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »

Yeah Zi'tah is very nice but I wanted a whole new zone to love. I guess I'm just a *** and should be happy with this though.

To be fair you got a ton of new zones inside SoA, those are difficult to create and require lots of developer man hours which then can't be put to use in other projects. After SoA I didn't expect to see another set of zones ever again and to be honest the game already has a sh!t ton of zones that are severely underutilized.

I just hope the actual content isn't in grey zones, that would get extremely boring extremely fast. And Zi'tah isn't exactly that big of a zone, I hope their newer version expands a bit otherwise there is going to be severe overcrowding.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-05-11 06:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Better sell all items worth anything now before its to late!
Been selling everything with value since I came back, I hope they demolish Alluvion's gear as I really don't like the stone augment system.

I also hope they release a ToM-tier event by November, something really big. I like grinding for something set in stone, the randomness of stones is disgusting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-11 06:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And Zi'tah isn't exactly that big of a zone

What? Zi'tah is one of the largest outdoor zones in the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-11 06:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
whats next VW 2.0?

Nahh the game will be kept running for quite some time and I highly doubt SE will cease all content production. They will never release another set of major content like SoA, but I can easily see minor things like newer NM's or revamped old ones that drop newer gear. I can envision a retuning of older zones or even a way to upgrade Salvage / NNI gear to 119. Nothing super big that requires new textures, zones or models, but simply upgrading and expanding what's already present. Audio / Visual work is what takes up oodles of developer man hours which they now want to focus towards FFXIV 2.0, doing everything else can be done with minimal staff.

SE has already stated that after this year, the will be NO NEW CONTENT. Any patches going forward will be for glitch fixes and job/game balances. No new NMs. No new battle systems.

Source quote:
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI’s major version updates will conclude with the November 2015 iteration, when Rhapsodies of Vana’diel is scheduled to reach its thrilling climax. We will, however, continue implementing ordinary version updates that focus on balance adjustments and bug fixes.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-11 06:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This zone is gonna be swarmed with people. Hope nm are all force pop.
[+]
By Pankas 2015-05-11 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more server merge to be zone full of people
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-11 07:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Been selling everything with value since I came back, I hope they demolish Alluvion's gear as I really don't like the stone augment system.
I like grinding for something set in stone, the randomness of stones is disgusting.

Quote:
Escha Beads
Escha beads are spherical objects that can be wrested from the corpses of notorious monsters residing in Escha - Zi'Tah and can be used to engrave equipment found there with arcane glyptics.

Get ready for disappointment!
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-11 07:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Source quote:
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI’s major version updates will conclude with the November 2015 iteration, when Rhapsodies of Vana’diel is scheduled to reach its thrilling climax. We will, however, continue implementing ordinary version updates that focus on balance adjustments and bug fixes.

Keyword: Focus. I don't remember them saying they wouldn't add anything ever. They are very proficient in recycling content <.< They can very easily add more Unity NMs, or 119 upgrades for Salvage. Would they care to do that? I don't know.

@ Those who think they will add another 2 esch zones and call it; It was said that they would add another one like this in August and there would be a completely original zone added in November.

Source: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125391-Famitsu-Interview-with-Matsui-and-Saito-Vana-diel-Project

Quote:
Will there be new areas?
Saito: Yes. There will be one place in each of the May and August updates, which will be like a Dynamis-type map. The final release in November will have a totally new area.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-11 07:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In before the completely original zone is just the Burning circle type zone where we fight the final boss of doom.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-05-11 07:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I lauded Abyssea, this isn't what I was hoping for. I wanted expansion-style missions even if they were to take place in previously used areas. I don't want battle content except for BCNMs. I don't want a gear grind... what's even the point of a gear grind now? Are the dwindling server populations even going to support this? Instead of a last hurrah this is going to be more of a last gasp.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-11 07:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
In before the completely original zone is just the Burning circle type zone where we fight the final boss of doom.

Yup, honestly I am expecting something like Provenance; a lobby area with nothing to do inside except entering a battle room.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-05-11 07:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha - Dynamis - Promyvion - Celestial Paradox Throne Room [S][A]
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-11 07:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
As much as I lauded Abyssea, this isn't what I was hoping for. I wanted expansion-style missions even if they were to take place in previously used areas. I don't want battle content except for BCNMs. I don't want a gear grind... what's even the point of a gear grind now? Are the dwindling server populations even going to support this? Instead of a last hurrah this is going to be more of a last gasp.

Rhapsodies of Vana'diel is the expansion-style missions you had been hoping for, calm down. This is similar to Dynamis and RoZ, Limbus and CoP, Salvage and ToAU... Escha and RoV.

Edit: MMOs are all about grind and the last MMO you can complain about story content is this game.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-05-11 07:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Source quote:
Quote:

Keyword: Focus. I don't remember them saying they wouldn't add anything ever. They are very proficient in recycling content <.< They can very easily add more Unity NMs, or 119 upgrades for Salvage. Would they care to do that? I don't know.

From a Q&A posted on the FFXI Forum

Quote:
After stopping major version updates, besides bug fixes and balance adjustments, will you continue to implement new content, features, spells, and such?
A: Essentially what we will be doing is data adjustments. Adding new content, for example Dynamis II or such, would be difficult. However, it's possible to make additions that do not rely on development tools. We have yet to specifically decide on what we will be doing in terms of updates, but we are thinking about easing and eliminating restrictions for content that is limited by congestion countermeasures. Additionally, we are planning to fix bugs and make balance adjustments based on player feedback. Instead of focusing resources towards the addition of new content, we will be focusing all our power on making current content easier to get into. We’d like to create a world that players will be able to return to any time.

To me, that says clearly they are not adding anything new. Only bug fixes, game balancing, and adjusting current content to make it easier for people to enter and complete as the server populations continue to dwindle.
 Fenrir.Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-05-11 07:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Rhapsodies of Vana'diel is the expansion-style missions you had been hoping for, calm down. This is similar to Dynamis and RoZ, Limbus and CoP, Salvage and ToAU... Escha and RoV.

I spare you any meme pictures, but seriously telling me to calm down? You should know better.
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14